Prospect Info: 2014/15 Marlies/Prospects Thread v.4

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Winter Soldier

Apr 4, 2011
128 points*. I'd expect maybe 30-40 points if he's healthy and is given top6 minutes..

The jump from junior to even the AHL is a big one. If you have trouble scoring in junior, it does not auger well. I expect Brown to improve, he has a good touch around the net.

Judas Tavares

S2S (Sundin2Sandin)
Sponsor
Feb 9, 2007
Can't be upset with Connor Brown. There are many who dominate jrs. only to go to the AHL and have like two assists after 20 games. He is leading a team that isn't scoring, imagine if they had Nylander and a guy like Keith Aucoin.

NarcoPolo

Jul 16, 2012
The jump from junior to even the AHL is a big one. If you have trouble scoring in junior, it does not auger well. I expect Brown to improve, he has a good touch around the net.

Well he is playing as a shutdown center right now in the q but either way, that's the point totals Id expect from him. As for brown I'm hoping he can turn into a Dubinsky like player, or a winger version of Henrique. They all seem to have progressed the same way at the same stages in their careers.

Pholus

May 23, 2014
AHL

W S.Abbott 26: 19gms, 4gls, 12pts (82gms, 17gls, 52pts)

W M.Frattin 26: 8gms, 3gls, 3pts (82gms, 31gls, 31pts)

While I can understand still considering Abbott a prospect, Frattin is back in the minors after 2 years in the NHL. I'm not sure that he's a prospect anymore.

zeke

The Dube Abides
Mar 14, 2005
While I can understand still considering Abbott a prospect, Frattin is back in the minors after 2 years in the NHL. I'm not sure that he's a prospect anymore.

yeah, i was just thinking that. i should probably remove abbott too.

and really, kozun, macwill, and knodel probably shouldn't be there either.

zeke

The Dube Abides
Mar 14, 2005
The reality of the Leafs prospects are there are no high end scorers on the Marlies.

If Connor Brown only has 5 goals this year after having 128 in the OHL last year. I am curious see how many Gauthier will get next year.

you really have to learn more about ahl scoring before trying to speak authoritatively on it.

brown's production in his first 23gms in the ahl has been very good. there is no "only" about it. he's one of the top scoring rookies in the league, alongside other teams' first round picks, and ahead of highly touted kids like Teravainen. and he's done this on a team that's had a helluva time scoring goals this year.

Last edited:

Pholus

May 23, 2014
yeah, i was just thinking that. i should probably remove abbott too.

and really, kozun, macwill, and knodel probably shouldn't be there either.

I don't have an issue with MacWilliam (2nd year pro) or Knodel (1st year pro), although I doubt they ever make it to the NHL, simply because they haven't played as much professional hockey as most guys who are their age.

The Winter Soldier

Apr 4, 2011
you really have to learn more about ahl scoring before trying to speak authoritatively on it.

brown's production in his first 23gms in the ahl has been very good. there is no "only" about it. he's one of the top scoring rookies in the league, alongside other teams' first round picks, and ahead of highly touted kids like Teravainen. and he's done this on a team that's had a helluva time scoring goals this year.

I'm happy with Brown and Leivo. Not sure what you are talking about?

Number13

May 21, 2007
I'm happy with Brown and Leivo. Not sure what you are talking about?

Maybe the fact that you said there were no high end scorers on the Marlies, when Connor Brown has done nothing to prove that he can't be a high end scorer.

Duffman955

Mar 4, 2010
I thought Nylander and A.Johnson would be added to the Marlies this year. Would have had a solid attacking core there.

Leivo, Brown, Abbot, Nylander, Johnson, Frattin, Smith, Kozun

sniper81

Oct 30, 2009
toronto
I thought Nylander and A.Johnson would be added to the Marlies this year. Would have had a solid attacking core there.

Leivo, Brown, Abbot, Nylander, Johnson, Frattin, Smith, Kozun
They do the right thing for the individual prospects, not the marlies.

Atomos2

Jun 28, 2012
Toronto, Ontario
They do the right thing for the individual prospects, not the marlies.

Correct. If we really wanted to make the marlies great, we could just sign a bunch of veterans that would more than likely take us to a playoff spot. But individual development is more important.

As for those posters worrying about Finn; he had a few struggles as a rookie for the Guelph Storm as well, and that turned out fine in the end. He'll be fine. He's about 2-3 year away from the Leafs so its just a growing process. He needs to take things slow and so do we.

member 147413

Correct. If we really wanted to make the marlies great, we could just sign a bunch of veterans that would more than likely take us to a playoff spot. But individual development is more important.

As for those posters worrying about Finn; he had a few struggles as a rookie for the Guelph Storm as well, and that turned out fine in the end. He'll be fine. He's about 2-3 year away from the Leafs so its just a growing process. He needs to take things slow and so do we.

I think you're right. He's a smart player but he's still learning the pro game, I'm sure next year will be a positive step for him.

Atomos2

Jun 28, 2012
Toronto, Ontario
Any word on how Bibeau has looked?

Also how about Biggs and Ross now?

Bibeau - has been looking very very promising

Biggs - ...meh. Doesn't really stand out unless you're really looking for him.

Ross is kinda the same as Biggs, but he can annoy the hell out of the opposition. He took a cross check to the chest/face area from a pissed off Jared Tinordi on Friday.

ULF_55

Feb 27, 2002
Mountain Standard Ti
Visit site

From my understanding one of his problems is he does take things slowly. j/k

Hopefully he gets all the ice time he can handle, and extra sessions with Underhill.

We'd have to think why he never made the WJC, is the same reason he's been sent down, footspeed. Nothing else has ever been identified as a weakness.

SprDaVE

Sep 20, 2008
Is Dakota Joshua going to the WJC's with Team USA? Or am I missing something from this tweet?

Dakota Joshua ‏@DakotaJoshua
Headed off to Canada to wear the Red White and Blue and represent this great country! #GoingForGold #USA ������������

EDIT: Got the answer. It's not actually for the WJC but for the World Junior A Challenge Dec 14-20 in Saskatchewan. Makes sense because he's not really a top USA prospect.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $36,790.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Cagliari vs Lecce