2014-15 CIS Pre-Season

leafhky88

Mar 16, 2009
Toronto
Sounds like Waterloo, McGill, UQTR and Carleton will dominate the OUA once again this year.
Decent U.S. trip by McGill so far, lost 3-2 to a very good Denver squad last night and going into OT (4-4) against Colorado College tonight.

Hard to believe Waterloo actually missed the playoffs last year. They have a strong roster and are off to a better start this year.

AdamMcg83

Oct 12, 2011
www.twitter.com
Hard to believe Waterloo actually missed the playoffs last year. They have a strong roster and are off to a better start this year.

Waterloo was a very talented team that was too easy to play against last year. Coach Brian Bourque was pretty quick to admit that, and pretty quick to mention that was a focus in recruiting and in training camp.

The real test will come when Waterloo starts heading out on the road - they had 10 home wins last year, and only 2 on the road.

MiamiHockey

Sep 12, 2012
RMC shouldn't play division 3 teams...

That's a pretty ignorant comment. Have you ever watched D-III hockey?

Over the years RMC has gone down and played exhibition games against D-III opponents, and faired quite well.

There is little doubt that RMC is not at the level of Vermont, which is a top D-I program. But there are a lot of lopsided scores when the CIS visits the better D-I programs ... a few scores in the range of 11-1 and 12-1 popped up last weekend.

Like a lot of the lower-end CIS programs, RMC should play the lower-end D-I programs and the higher-end D-III programs (e.g., Norwich, Manhattanville) in exhibition matches.

leafhky88

Mar 16, 2009
Toronto
Michigan over Laurier 5-2 (including 1 empty net goal).

Shots were 52-24 for Michigan. Given that Laurier has struggled with bottom NCAA opponents, a strong performance by the Golden Hawks in my opinion against a top 10 NCAA team (Michigan is #9). Laurier next plays #8 Ferris State.

Dutch

May 17, 2006
Trois-Rivières
That's a pretty ignorant comment. Have you ever watched D-III hockey?

Over the years RMC has gone down and played exhibition games against D-III opponents, and faired quite well.

There is little doubt that RMC is not at the level of Vermont, which is a top D-I program. But there are a lot of lopsided scores when the CIS visits the better D-I programs ... a few scores in the range of 11-1 and 12-1 popped up last weekend.

Like a lot of the lower-end CIS programs, RMC should play the lower-end D-I programs and the higher-end D-III programs (e.g., Norwich, Manhattanville) in exhibition matches.

UQTR faced Norwich two times and barely beat them (not even sure they did), which is why I said that RMC shouldn't face D-III teams, since it was far from a walk in the park.

But if you say that Norwich is a top end team, than I guess RMC can fare better against lower D-III teams. But I do agree that nothing good will come out for the Paladins in a matchup with Vermont.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad