2014-15 AUS Regular Season

rantfather

Apr 28, 2009
Or any AUS team can beat another on a given night!

Or, maybe UPEI isn't that good....

Should.be an exciting season in the AUS as ANY team can beat any another on a any given night.
Should be a scramble for those playoff spots!

The Tommies only.managed 1 point vs Acadia and UNB but DID show improved "intentions".under new coaching and recruiting group at St.Thomas.
Coupled with EXCELLANT coaching,year two of the rebuild is looking impressive.

GO TOMMIES GO :yo::yo::yo:

RANTFATHER.

Rob

Feb 27, 2002
New Brunswick
Visit site
It will be a huge game for the Tommies Saturday night against Dal. This is a team they have to beat in order to make the playoffs. I think the Tommies swept them last year?

UNB Bruins Fan

Mar 11, 2008
Fredericton, NB
Or, maybe UPEI isn't that good....

That very well could be. On paper, a lot of the teams look pretty good, but obviously not everyone can have a great record at the end of the day...so there is going to be a team or two who will look like they underachieved. The last few years that team has been St. FX.

Rob

Feb 27, 2002
New Brunswick
Visit site
Don't look but Les Aigles are in first place. :amazed:
Pretty good considering most of us placed them no higher than 6th.

Acadia over UNB in ot. Question about the game. Why were both teams wearing their away jerseys? Made it kind of hard to distinguish the teams while watching on my iPhone. :laugh:

Drummer

Better Red than Dead
Mar 20, 2009
Freddy Beach, NB
www.vredshockey.com

Acadia over UNB in ot. Question about the game. Why were both teams wearing their away jerseys? Made it kind of hard to distinguish the teams while watching on my iPhone. :laugh:

Agree - that was hard to watch at times to figure out who had the puck. Great 3rd goal for UNB though.

radapex

Sep 21, 2012
Canada, Eh

Don't complain. I spent the evening watching "This webcast will start at it's scheduled time". Tried on my phone & tablet after hearing mobile streams worked, but all I got was low quality audio.

UNB Bruins Fan

Mar 11, 2008
Fredericton, NB
Don't complain. I spent the evening watching "This webcast will start at it's scheduled time". Tried on my phone & tablet after hearing mobile streams worked, but all I got was low quality audio.

Tell me about it...it was working fine for the pre-game and then as soon as the game started...nothing. Ended up watching most of the Dal/UPEI game...I would argue the Panthers have the best web-cast in the AUS when considering the combination of picture quality and announcing.

radapex

Sep 21, 2012
Canada, Eh
Tell me about it...it was working fine for the pre-game and then as soon as the game started...nothing. Ended up watching most of the Dal/UPEI game...I would argue the Panthers have the best web-cast in the AUS when considering the combination of picture quality and announcing.

My only complaint about the Panthers broadcast is that go a little overboard with replays. I remember missing a full 2:00 of play one time because they kept showing the slow motion replay of a goal.

Rob

Feb 27, 2002
New Brunswick
Visit site
Dal 6 Stu 4 - Took in this game at the Grant Harvey Centre. The Tigers scored 5 unanswered goals to erase a 4-1 deficit. Tommies came out to play but couldn't maintain their early dominance. Teichmann did not have a good game for the Tommies in net while Wye made some big saves for the Tigers in the second half of the game. Huge win for the Tigers while the Tommies are the last team in the AUS without a win. Although I would be shocked if either team makes the playoffs.

UPEI 4 STFX 1 - The box score indicates this was a nasty game. Fighting majors, game misconducts, a match penalty and several hitting from behind penalties handed out. Panthers are my dark horse team this season.

Acadia 3 Moncton 2 - The Axemen erase a two goal deficit to hand Les Aigles their first loss of the season. Both teams are now tied for first.

SMU 2 UNB 0 - Andrew Peters makes 39 saves for the shutout win. First time the VReds have been shutout in regular season action since 2005.

RED ARMY EAST

Feb 14, 2010
Freddy Beach,N.B.Canada
Lots of parity between Acadia,SMU,Moncton and UNB especially early on in the AUS.
The Christmas break will tell the tale, as I expect these teams to add at least a top 6 forward.
I'm not sure how many spots Acadia and SMU have left, as far as UNB goes, they will look to add a couple impact players for sure.
Moncton?
The Varsity Reds are running thin on D, with two experienced defenseman out indefinitely (Wall,Robertson).
As for X (UCup hosts) do they have any roster spots open?

UNB Bruins Fan

Mar 11, 2008
Fredericton, NB
I'm not sure how many spots Acadia and SMU have left, as far as UNB goes, they will look to add a couple impact players for sure.
Moncton?As for X (UCup hosts) do they have any roster spots open?

As far as I can tell here is how each of those teams look:

Acadia - With Owens back they have now dressed 21 skaters so far. Neither Schemitsch or Girman have played yet. They are probably done adding since they have 1 more player than available roster spots....and I would say it is a very good bet Schemitsch goes right back into the line-up after he recovers from his injury.

SMU - Have only dressed 19 skaters so far. I don't see anyone else listed on their roster who has yet to play....so they should be able to add up to 3 more skaters.

Moncton - Have dressed 20 skaters with defencemen Patrick Doucette and Keven Levesque yet to play. Possible they could add if they plan on sitting out one of those guys for the year.

St. FX - Have dressed 21 skaters so far with forward Greg Jansz and defenceman Mitchell Taylor yet to play. Have to think they are probably done adding since they already have 1 more guy on the team than roster spots available, unless they plan on sitting both of them for the year.

UPEI - Have used 20 skaters so far with defenceman Ryan Taylor and forward Nick Czinder listed on roster but yet to dress. I could see them adding another skater and just having Taylor sit out the year (only has 1 assist in 36 games spread out over the last 3 years).

UNB - Have dressed 19 skaters thus far and will be 20 once Carroll returns. Can add two more players.

Last edited:

Drummer

Better Red than Dead
Mar 20, 2009
Freddy Beach, NB
www.vredshockey.com
Match Penalty

A Match Penalty is rare call, but a Major & Match is very rare. I hadn't read about this - heard about it through the grapevine.

StFX 05:25 Cole Grbavac: SLASHING MAJOR-5 minutes
StFX 05:25 Cole Grbavac: SLASHING MATCH-5 minutes
StFX 05:25 Cole Grbavac: FIGHTING MAJOR-5 minutes
StFX 05:25 Cole Grbavac: GAME MISCONDUCT

UPEI 05:25 Spencer Metcalfe: FIGHTING MAJOR-5 minutes
UPEI 05:25 Spencer Metcalfe: GAME MISCONDUCT

Game Report

The Match is 3 games and the fighting is 1 for a total of 4 games

AUS Fan

Aug 1, 2008
At the Rink
Anyone else think they shouldn't have scheduled any games for Friday night (Halloween)?
It is going to be a huge blow to attendance.

It won't matter in Halifax. Dal will get the usual family and friends for UdeM and UNB.

dale 1919

Jun 9, 2009
they are the only ones who actually know there is a game! wouldn't want to advertise in the CISsler!
heck wouldn't hurt to wonder down the halls of RES. and say there is free beer at the rink tonight

even if there isnt! psych!

Big Bad Jon

Jan 29, 2012
Freddy Beach
What a season we're in store for..UNB needs late heroics to knock off Stfx and Moncton who looked like the team to beat a week ago gets beaten by DAL...there has always been talk about how great the parity is in the AUS but it seems like it may be up a notch again this year.....truly anyone can beat anyone on any given night.

UNB Bruins Fan

Mar 11, 2008
Fredericton, NB
Big win for UNB tonight to rally from 2-0 deficit. They really needed this one, especially considering X was playing without Grbavav and Dirk....and lost O'Connor for the game in the 1st period. Nice to see them take advantage of a shorthanded St. FX team.

UNB Bruins Fan

Mar 11, 2008
Fredericton, NB
What a season we're in store for..UNB needs late heroics to knock off Stfx and Moncton who looked like the team to beat a week ago gets beaten by DAL...there has always been talk about how great the parity is in the AUS but it seems like it may be up a notch again this year.....truly anyone can beat anyone on any given night.

No kidding...Moncton went from tied for 1st at the start of the night to 4th place by the end of the night.

AUS Fan

Aug 1, 2008
At the Rink
Good tilt tonight at Dal. UdeM carried the play in the 1st, Dal adjusted in the 2nd and UdeM did not play great after that. Both teams played physical, finishing their checks. Big win for Dal.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad