Olympics: 2014 — Canada Roster Discussion (Part XVI) (Released, Post 1)

Status
Not open for further replies.

BWJM

Sponsor
Mar 16, 2011
Nash on the second line?

No Bouwmeester - Pietrangelo pairing?

Subban as a regular?

Bwhahhaaaahahaahahahahhhha

Benn-Tavares-Nash

Yes… Nash on the 2nd line with Benn. Tavares deserves the number 2C spot on this team without any doubt, he will make anyone good. With the size and skill of both Nash and Benn on the wings will make this line scary.

Subbans a difference maker.. This guy needs to be on the team. Provides energy, skill, hitting. Sure he's young but I'd rather have him on my team over Bouwmeester anyway.

I have a feeling Canada is gonna love PK after these Olympics.

Last edited:

SidGenoMario

Apr 10, 2009
Saskatoon, SK
My lineup:

Nash - Crosby - Benn
Tavares - Getzlaf - Carter
Toews - Bergeron - Kunitz
Sharp - Stamkos - Duchene (A)
Marleau (C)
Perry

Pietrangelo - Bouwmeester (A)
Hamhuis - Keith
Subban - Weber (A)
Doughty
Vlasic

Smith
Luongo
Price

Krautso

Nov 30, 2007
My lineup:

Nash - Crosby - Benn
Marleau (C)
Perry

Hamhuis - Keith
Subban - Weber (A)
Doughty
Vlasic

Smith
Luongo
Price

You're thinking outside the box on this one.

Kranix

Deranged Homer
Jun 27, 2012
Like, why would you have ********* MArleau as the capt--- and Nash on the team? I'll lapse back into my coma if that happens. And Nash on the first line? He's not even in the NHL anymore, and you want him to play with elite HOFSTAR Benn???????

Oberyn

Prince of Dorne
Mar 27, 2011
My lineup:

Nash - Crosby - Benn
Marleau (C)
Perry

Hamhuis - Keith
Subban - Weber (A)
Doughty
Vlasic

Smith
Luongo
Price

If this is what we iced I think I would cry.

BWJM

Sponsor
Mar 16, 2011
Nash on the team? I'll lapse back into my coma if that happens. And Nash on the first line? He's not even in the NHL anymore, and you want him to play with elite HOFSTAR Benn???????

I agree, he shouldn't be on the first line… but other then that what? :help:

DyerMaker66*

I agree, he shouldn't be on the first line… but other then that what? :help:

Well, for the D pairings he put 2 left-handed players on the same line, as well as 2 right-handed players despite not being forced to. He also has Doughty riding the pine, which shouldn't happen.

Kunitz needs to be with Crosby, Toews needs to be with Sharp, and Perry needs to be with Getzlaf, and Price should be the starter over Smith.

But other than that it's fine.

Last edited by a moderator:

BWJM

Sponsor
Mar 16, 2011
Well, for the D pairings he put 2 left-handed players on the same line, as well as 2 right-handed players despite not being forced to. He also has Doughty riding the pine, which shouldn't happen.

Kunitz needs to be with Crosby, Toews needs to be with Sharp, and Perry needs to be with Getzlaf, and Price should be the starter over Smith.

But other than that it's fine.

I was only talking about Nash.

But regarding what you said I disagree with the Toews and Sharp having to be on the same line. Better options for Toews even without teammate chemistry, in my opinion.

bumperkisser

Mar 31, 2009
why is mike smith on this team. the guy is so bloody terrible. 3 goals were at least his fault in the game tonight lol and hes been pretty bad for awhile

Bubba88

Toews = Savior
Nov 8, 2009
Bavaria
don't agree with Smith either. The team infront of him made his numbers look better than he truely is. Not to mention his antics.

Is Toews going to play with Sharp?

JohnLennon

Mar 26, 2011
People who think PK Subban is a "wildcard" or "selfish" don't know the first thing about him, and I highly doubt they've watched a single Habs game. Just watch his interviews and you can see the kid puts his team first and he is very respectful.

Those of you who think otherwise watch a little too much Don Cherry and too few hockey games.

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
People who think PK Subban is a "wildcard" or "selfish" don't know the first thing about him, and I highly doubt they've watched a single Habs game. Just watch his interviews and you can see the kid puts his team first and he is very respectful.

Those of you who think otherwise watch a little too much Don Cherry and too few hockey games.

I think playing the Olympics is really going to help him continue to grow as well. Being completely surrounded by elite teammates will bring out the best in him imo.

zidell*

This is probably the funniest thing I've ever read on HF. And that's saying a lot.

Uber Coca

Apr 23, 2003
Montreal

Trying to fight uneducated opinions on HFBoards is virtuous. Good luck with that.

Novak Djokovic

#24 and counting... #GOAT
Dec 10, 2006
Here's my line-up now that the roster is released:

Chris Kunitz - Sidney Crosby - Steven Stamkos
Jamie Benn - Ryan Getzlaf - Corey Perry
Patrick Sharp - Jonathan Toews - Rick Nash
Patrick Marleau - John Tavares - Matt Duchene
Patrice Bergeron

Extra: Jeff Carter

Duncan Keith - Drew Doughty
Jay Bouwmeester - Alex Pietrangelo