Olympics: 2014 — Canada Roster Discussion (Part XIV) Release: Tuesday @ 11:00 AM EST on TSN

Status
Not open for further replies.

LuGBuG

Quack Quack
Mar 16, 2006
Ducks
didnt realize it was an actual organization.

I've already seen it twice and i just don't get it. It's your country. Clearly they support 1-2 players more then National pride. Which is fine to each their own.

You just know some people will go on and on about how we will lose and if we do talk like they knew along. Although if we win, they will say how they always believed and blah blah blah.

kling66

Jun 29, 2010
Love how people act as if they took a terrible team without stars. Still easily the best team on paper, time will tell if they get chemistry though.

Also, how people can complain about Kunitz being on there when he's scoring at will next to Sid (which he will play with during the olympics as well).
Nash though, really?

darkbrew*

Holy overreaction by some people. I don't like some of the choices either but to act like this team has no chance to win gold is ridiculous.

Seriously on paper its the best team in the tournament no matter who we bring among bubble guys. :laugh:

I think Giroux or MSL will get on if Stamkos can't make it which seems likely. And Neal third after those 2 on the injury front.

This is great for the Flyers... Giroux is going to go beast mode.

radapex

Sep 21, 2012
Canada, Eh
How does Giroux not make the team and Kunitz make it? Chris Kunitz should be nowhere near this team!!!!!!!!

WTF?

They spent the entire 2010 Olympics trying to find wingers that would click with Crosby, and never really did. At least you know Kunitz has chemistry with Crosby, not to mention he played a lot with Getzlaf & Perry in Anaheim.

hitmen19

Jan 21, 2013
Giroux and MSL snubbed for Nash. Wow that's rough.

this is the one. I would say Giroux and msl snubbed for nash and kunitz. These guy just opened themselves up for critism and kunitz will be there zammner if Canada doesn't win

Penalty Kill Icing*

OH, next time around I want the team to be announced in French only.

Enough of these politics. I won't even complain about team not being announced in English.

Cowboy Dan

Reader Since '06
Jul 7, 2010
My Projected Lines

Duchene-Crosby-Stamkos
Tavares-Getzlaf-Perry
Marleau-Toews-Sharp
Benn-Bergeron-Nash
Kunitz
Carter

Keith-Weber
Vlasic-Doughty
Bouwmeester-Pietrangelo
Hamhuis-Subban

Luongo
Price
Smith​

WetcoastOrca

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 3, 2011
Vancouver, BC
Overall I like the team.
It looks like the Team Canada brass did their homework in selcting Sharp and Kunitz who are having amazing seasons. Getting duos who are familar with each other will be a huge advantage and this should get Crosby comfortable from day one playing with Kunitz.
The decision for the last forward probbaly came down to Nash, MSL and Giroux and the brass thought that Nash provided more size and strength down low. A tough choice but given Nash's performance last time around I can see why they went that way.

penguins2946*

The chemistry between Crosby and Kunitz would trump any more skilled winger that would be put in Kunitz's spot.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad