GDT: 2013 Trade Deadline Deal/Rumor Discussion

tyratoku

May 28, 2010
MN
Anybody got ideas on the Washington mystery trade?

It's kind of baffling how secretive this all is.

My guess: 3 Columbus 1st rounders + Savard for Ovechkin. Yup.

Gaps

Oct 3, 2012
Anybody got ideas on the Washington mystery trade?

It's kind of baffling how secretive this all is.

My guess: 3 Columbus 1st rounders + Savard for Ovechkin. Yup.

Dreger says they may have traded Filip Forsberg for a huge return.

tyratoku

May 28, 2010
MN
14 minutes late... They're on lockdown here at Bridgestone arena

Forsberg? Radulov? Ovechkin? WHO IS INVOLVED?

edit:
everyone.gif

Nick Cotsonika ‏@cotsonika
Informed speculation: Erat for Forsberg, with some other things involved. Erat has a no-trade clause but wants out.

This isn't even that big of a trade...?

Avder

The Very Weedcat
Jun 2, 2011
A place.
That's hilarious. :laugh:

But really though, I think this is a fantastic trade for Nashville. They have Watson and then crickets when it comes to forward prospects. Good on them for grabbing Forsberg.

Washington failed this trade miserably though. What the **** :laugh:

Washington fails everything forever. I'm honestly a little shocked that Ovechkin hasn't tried to get out some how at this point.

Puhis

Nah.
Jul 4, 2011
Jaervenpaeae
Erat for FeikkiFoppa? Hah. Ha. HAHA. HAHAHA. AAAAHHHAHAHAHAHAHA.

Washington will be even worse down the line with this, and I love it.

tyratoku

May 28, 2010
MN
My views on the trade deadline today and of the past week:

Pittsburgh: Obviously added Morrow and Iginla and Murray. And then today Jokinen. I'm not taking anything away from those players, but Morrow and Iginla are not who they used to be. Sure, it helps Pittsburgh a bunch but I don't think it is going to be as significant come playoff time as many think. Their advantage here is that they practically gave up peanuts for all four. Good on them I guess. Trade Deadline Grade: 8/10
St. Louis: Bouwmeester and Leopold(sp?). Fantastic pickups for what they gave. Really bolsters their back end. They dumped Redden(a free pick up) for a 6th/7th round pick, which is great asset management. 9/10
Ottawa: Dumped Bishop, who was redundant for them, for Conacher, a 1st/2nd line guy down the line. As well as a draft pick. Good trade. Helps them down the road. 8/10
Tampa Bay: What are you doing dude? Trading Conacher for Bishop? After you traded for Lindback last season? I can't help but feel that Bishop is going to be a marginal upgrade on Lindback, who was already failing on expectations. 5/10
Washington: lol. Just...lol. 2/10
Nashville: Forsberg, eh? Good on them. Helps the forward prospect pool. And traded a guy who clearly no longer wanted to be there. 7/10
Buffalo: Helps the rebuild. A lot. They should have gone for gold and traded away Vanek as well, but I can't fault them for keeping him in an attempt to look like they are trying to stay competitive. But without a Captain, most signs point to the C going to Steve Ott. Just...lol 7/10
Rangers: Dumped Gaborik and got a decent amount of depth back. Also got Clowe. Depth all around. Just need to get rid of Torts and I think they will do well. They need to figure out what to do with Richards, but I like what they did. 7/10
Philadelphia: Really, Philly? Really? You think Steve ****ing Mason is the answer to your goalie and defense problem? Just hilarious. They must be banking on grabbing Jones or Nurse in the first round. Embarrassing. 3/10
Columbus: Well, they added the sniper they wanted. Hopefully Gabs is up to the challenge of leading a team into the playoffs. Not sure if he's the Greg Jennings type of player who will put da team on his back doe. Also, dumped Steve Mason for an actual return. 7/10
Boston: Jagr and Redden being the primary pickups to a team that does not really need any, I can't even fault them. Good job. 8/10
Dallas: Almost as terrible as Washington. Just...wow. 3/10
Calgary: ****ing LOL 1/10
Vancouver: **** you guys ****/10
Minnesota: LETS PLAN THE PARADE ROUTE BOYS AND GIRLS! WE GOT DA BEST 1ST LINE IN DA LEEEEEAGUE 10/10 obviously

RussosBurner

Jun 19, 2012
State of Hockey
Would have loved to had Vanek included in an even bigger deal with Buffalo since they obviously are in rebuild mode. But don't blame them for keeping him, they need something to draw fans.

Caior89

Mar 31, 2011
finally have time to look at all the trades and wow! quite a day! My brain cant believe yet that Gabby is a Jackets

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad