OT: 2013 Redskins Thread Part III: Barfs on the Warpath

Status
Not open for further replies.

CapitalsCupReality

It’s Go Time!!
Feb 27, 2002
you trotted out TO to try and win a flawed argument. I said they're "usually right".....you added a bunch of made up garbage about proven track record and without hurting them.

Last edited by a moderator:

sillygoose

Jan 15, 2009
Buyer beware. The Eagles are usually right on when it comes time to part ways with players who've outgrown their worth. Should have a giant chip on his shoulder though.

Are you looking at this with a blindfold on or something? Judge the player, the players in the past the Eagles have lost to FA haven't been people they released coming off their best season as a pro about to turn 28.

And LAPD has already dismissed all claims of DeSean and gang/criminal affiliation.

About the leadership thing about the lockerroom, what is the reason for that, cause some guys had some pot issues? There seems to be by all accounts strong leadership on the team.

CapitalsCupReality

It’s Go Time!!
Feb 27, 2002
Are you looking at this with a blindfold on or something? Judge the player, the players in the past the Eagles have lost to FA haven't been people they released coming off their best season as a pro about to turn 28.

And LAPD has already dismissed all claims of DeSean and gang/criminal affiliation.

About the leadership thing about the lockerroom, what is the reason for that, cause some guys had some pot issues? There seems to be by all accounts strong leadership on the team.

Another Thuglife fan....and I never suggested he couldn't play well and put up good numbers, just buyer beware in the off the field garbage.

BobRouse

Mar 18, 2009
Buyer beware. The Eagles are usually right on when it comes time to part ways with players who've outgrown their worth. Should have a giant chip on his shoulder though.

It would be foolish to ignore their track record on being right in these situations.

Elite players like him in their prime are almost never let go like this. And to think they took a $6 mil cap hit to not have him on the team.

The guy is definitely an elite player so if we sign him I'll root for him but I'm not "all in" on this one.

Midnight Judges

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 10, 2010
I am hearing that Jackson canceled his other team visits and MeAngelo is saying there is big news coming from Redskins park.

RandyHolt

Keep truckin'
Nov 3, 2006
Get yer bets in. I am saying 5 year 60M

Don't let the sticker shock fool you. Allen is doing some good work minimizing our risk. Just like Philly did with DeSean in the first place, and were on the hook to pay him 12 + 10 + 10 for the next 3 years.

The NFL salary cap is a joke, contracts get renegotiated as needed, contracts go away faster than you can say Nylander on Loan to Grand Rapids

BobRouse

Mar 18, 2009
ESPN is saying he's deep in negotiations with two unnamed teams and they are far along in the process. Who the hell knows.

I heard NO and San Fran. Neither has much cap space and how could they be in "deep" negotiations when he is here for two days and going to take a physical??

Apparently RG3 met with him in LA this past weekend before his visit as per TMZ.

The deep negotiation thing sounds like his agent planting info to try and drive up the demand to get a better deal.

It sure seems like he is going to sign here or Oakland. I'm guessing here b/c the skins are a better team (not record wise last year but they clearly are from a talent standpoint) and he gets a chance to stick it to the Eagles 2x a year.

I'm sure he's seen what happens to pretty much every big free agent/big name that goes out to Oakland lately (Moss, Sapp, Seymour etc)

Hivemind

We're Touched
Oct 8, 2010
Philadelphia
:help:

It's hard to say no to his talent, especially at a position that's not exactly one of the team's strengths. But another Snyder-esque contract, when RGIII and Morris are going to need new ones soon, combined with his attitude issues paint giant "STAY AWAY" signs all over this.

strungout

Professional Killer
Jul 1, 2002
North Carolina
tCp90.gif

Brian23

Dec 3, 2011
Chris Russel saying we just signed Ryan Clark so there's your stop gap FS, hopfully he can coach up Rambo and Thomas.

He's always been a great character individual too, doesn't hurt to have him on a young team.

AlexBrovechkin8

At least there was 2018.
Sponsor
Feb 18, 2012
District of Champions
Interesting timing on the Clark news. Coincidence that he agrees to terms the night Danny takes DJ out to dinner?

Regardless, awesome news. Welcome home, #25. Should have never let him leave in the first place.

Ridley Simon

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
Marin County — SF Bay Area, CA
I want to win. Tired of being an after thought. No first round pick and we can get D Jax without giving up any assets? Absolutely. Just protect ourselves with the contract.

Followed by this all in vote.

Then a fight defending your position?

Lol.

Anyway. Good singing on Clark, and I'd sign DeThug. Not my money, and will make the team more gun to watch.

The Cap is also sky rocketing the next few years, and he's only 28, so there's that too.

BobRouse

Mar 18, 2009
Great news on Clark. He still has some gas left and it allows Merriweather to move to SS where he is much much better.

Apparently Jackson was hanging with Garcon and Hall last night after dinner and they met up with some big time rapper.

His agent is now staying through tomorrow to get a deal done and cancelled a trip to another team I think.

If we get him we can focus on Oline and perhaps ILB in the draft.

Its hard not to get a bit excited but I can totally see having a wide variety of mixed feelings with this player.

AlexBrovechkin8

At least there was 2018.
Sponsor
Feb 18, 2012
District of Champions
Followed by this all in vote.

Then a fight defending your position?

Lol.

Anyway. Good singing on Clark, and I'd sign DeThug. Not my money, and will make the team more gun to watch.

The Cap is also sky rocketing the next few years, and he's only 28, so there's that too.

LOL -- that **** is funny. The first post was the Redskins fan in me who hated D-Jax, LOATHED him. And I bought into the gang affiliation article.

The second post is the same Redskins fan who tries to rationalize everything because it's what I've done for 20 years to make everything OK.

Being a D.C. sports fan is brutal. My psyche is broken. I'm firmly in sign DJax because he'll make us better, unless he signs some where else then he's a gang banger and I hate him.

Ridley Simon

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
Marin County — SF Bay Area, CA
LOL -- that **** is funny. The first post was the Redskins fan in me who hated D-Jax, LOATHED him. And I bought into the gang affiliation article.

The second post is the same Redskins fan who tries to rationalize everything because it's what I've done for 20 years to make everything OK.

Being a D.C. sports fan is brutal. My psyche is broken. I'm firmly in sign DJax because he'll make us better, unless he signs some where else then he's a gang banger and I hate him.

I hear you on every level.

Skins get DJax, there offense will be a lot better -- assuming he's not a terrible locker room presence. I honestly wouldn't worry about that his first year (or 2) as he will need to be on his best behavior to rehab his image. Unless the Skins pay him stupid upfront money (north of 15m) as a signing bonus.

To Bob's point. Draft will be about adding O linemen, and any added depth to defense and special teams.

How's this for a projection? Skins take the top C in the draft at #34. Or perhaps a top guard. Early 2nd is a great place to get an impact player at those positions, and it's a spot of need for them.

Go get it, Bruce!

BobRouse

Mar 18, 2009
Rids,

I think that guy McGlynn or whatever is actually a very good C and a poor G. I'm pretty sure they brought him in to take Lichtensteiger's position at C.

To me they need to upgrade Polumbus in the worst way.

But I'm in the boat that if we sign Jackson I'll be pumped. If we lose out on him then it is a relief as he had too much crazy baggage anyhow.

Win either way.

AlexBrovechkin8

At least there was 2018.
Sponsor
Feb 18, 2012
District of Champions
I hear you on every level.

Skins get DJax, there offense will be a lot better -- assuming he's not a terrible locker room presence. I honestly wouldn't worry about that his first year (or 2) as he will need to be on his best behavior to rehab his image. Unless the Skins pay him stupid upfront money (north of 15m) as a signing bonus.

To Bob's point. Draft will be about adding O linemen, and any added depth to defense and special teams.

How's this for a projection? Skins take the top C in the draft at #34. Or perhaps a top guard. Early 2nd is a great place to get an impact player at those positions, and it's a spot of need for them.

Go get it, Bruce!

This gif sums up my feelings on D Jax from when I first heard we were interested until now:

Conan-Obrien-Shock-then-Approval.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad