OT: 2013 Philadelphia Phillies (MLB): Charlie Manuel has been fired (Aug. 16)

Status
Not open for further replies.

SnS

Global Moderator
Jan 27, 2009
Wilson, North Carolina

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
Rumors that the phils have signed 2013 1st round pick J.P. Crawford, it should be announced soon and he should report to the GCL phils (rookie ball).

In other prospect news, Williamsport (rookie ball) opened their season yesterday, listened to much of the game on the radio. Supplemental 1st rounder from 2012, Mitch Gueller got the win, sounded like he had a good outing. Some names to follow on the crosscutters, Andrew Pullin (2B), Zach Green (3B), Dylan Cozens (RF), Andrew Knapp (C).

Also sounds like the phils top position prospect Maikel Franco will be moved up to Reading (AA) soon, he's having a great year in Clearwater (A+). Not sure if the phils 2nd round pick from 2009, Kelly Dugan will follow him to Reading as he has been lighting it up in Clearwater as well and he's now healthy and hitting well.

jml87

Jun 27, 2011
They're mediocre which sucks worse than anything.

Utley starts his rehab assignment tonight.

zarley zelepukin

Oct 25, 2008
Norristown, PA
Also sounds like the phils top position prospect Maikel Franco will be moved up to Reading (AA) soon, he's having a great year in Clearwater (A+). Not sure if the phils 2nd round pick from 2009, Kelly Dugan will follow him to Reading as he has been lighting it up in Clearwater as well and he's now healthy and hitting well.

Franco officially promoted to Reading.

JDinkalage Morgoone

U of South Flurrida
Oct 7, 2008
308 Negra Arroyo Ln.
I've been hearing about Franco from a lot of fans from other teams, which is usually a great thing. We've got some up and coming guys to be excited about, and if this team really goes into sell mode, perhaps many more!

Stonehands77

Jul 8, 2002
Waltham, MA
Interesting article on Phillies Nation about pulling the plug on Delmon Young: http://philliesnation.com/archives/2013/06/pulling-the-plug-on-delmon-young.

Sadly not about them ACTUALLY doing it, and the arguments will likely be familiar to many here. But the broader conclusions are what I've been arguing with family and friends for a while now: the management on this team is totally lost. They continue to ignore the modern reality of baseball, and this disdain for analytics is costing the team. I'm not sure why RAJ so detests them, but he either needs to get over it, or be gotten rid of. I LIKED having my baseball team be relevant. The current Phillies are not.

Protest

C`est La Vie
Mar 28, 2008
Deptford, NJ
Interesting article on Phillies Nation about pulling the plug on Delmon Young: http://philliesnation.com/archives/2013/06/pulling-the-plug-on-delmon-young.

Sadly not about them ACTUALLY doing it, and the arguments will likely be familiar to many here. But the broader conclusions are what I've been arguing with family and friends for a while now: the management on this team is totally lost. They continue to ignore the modern reality of baseball, and this disdain for analytics is costing the team. I'm not sure why RAJ so detests them, but he either needs to get over it, or be gotten rid of. I LIKED having my baseball team be relevant. The current Phillies are not.

He actually really does detest them too if I'm not mistaken. I believe he's made some snide remarks about advances stats in interviews, which makes no sense considering the rest of the sports world, not just baseball, are all getting deep into analytic's. I feel like our team is being run by a poster from the main boards.

SolidSnakeUS

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2009
Baldwinsville, NY
**** you Charlie. **** you. You ****ing take Kendrick out of the game with 2 outs in the 8th with no one on and only 92 pitches and he's up 2-1. ARE YOU ****ING REAL!?

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
**** you Charlie. **** you. You ****ing take Kendrick out of the game with 2 outs in the 8th with no one on and only 92 pitches and he's up 2-1. ARE YOU ****ING REAL!?

Wait. He did that? I listened on Nats radio on the way home from work and they couldn't stop talking about how incredibly well Kendrick was pitching.

"At this point, we just have to hope Kendrick gets tired, but that's looking unlikely at this rate."

SolidSnakeUS

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2009
Baldwinsville, NY
Wait. He did that? I listened on Nats radio on the way home from work and they couldn't stop talking about how incredibly well Kendrick was pitching.

"At this point, we just have to hope Kendrick gets tired, but that's looking unlikely at this rate."

He took him out with 2 outs in the 8th and no one on. He only had 92 pitches. Did it just so he could play Bastardo... against a righty.

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
He took him out with 2 outs in the 8th and no one on. He only had 92 pitches. Did it just so he could play Bastardo... against a righty.

I assume this isn't the change SnS was calling for with the thread title. Holy **** I'm glad I went for a run instead of turning on the game, I would have been livid watching that.

JWEKD

Apr 9, 2013
Charlie has lost it. Ruben is at the point where he's just GMing to keep his job year by year. He's not really trying to help the organization in the long run anymore. If he concedes to a rebuild he knows he may not be a part of it.

The Couturier Effect

Aug 8, 2012
I didn't watch the game, but Charlie took Kendrick out with only 92 pitches and no men on? That's ridiculous.

Oh well. I'm happy with 2/3 against the Nats. I despise them.

jml87

Jun 27, 2011
It doesn't even surprise me anymore. The phillies are the poster child for poorly run sports organizations.

Ruben Amaro has absolutely run this team (and the farm system) into the ground in just 4+ short years at the helm.

RAJ makes Paul Holmgren look like a genius, and that's tough to do.

Similar career paths too. They seem to start out making great moves then questionable then WTF are you doing?! ARG!!!

And what a surprise, Phillies 2 games under .500 gotta lose again then we'll win again then lose then win then lose then :cry:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad