Prospect Info: 2013 Penguins Development Camp

Jacob

as seen on TV
Feb 27, 2002
*waves hands and stares intently into a crystal ball* Sundqvist is really standing out in these scrimmages

BlindWillyMcHurt

ti kallisti
May 31, 2004
*nods solemnly in assent to Jacob and throws some chicken bones on the ground*

The bones say that Jarry's fundamentals are surprisingly sound and keeps his cool, as advertised... but he could obviously use more seasoning as the go-to guy.

Gwydyr

Allons-y Alonso
Jul 12, 2013
Is Zoblin in there as well?

Interesting to see how Sundqvist switched to defence this year. In a couple of years, he can be a regular Chris Pronger, no doubt.

Zlobin, unfortunately, decided to head off to the KHL to follow his mentor, Ilya Kovalchuk, so he's not at camp. Rather, he has been replaced by the gritty Canadian forward, Dan Smith.

Sjb141

Dec 11, 2008
Bluegers gained a ton of weight, but not the good kind. Needs to start gettin the brown rice at chipotle...

Gwydyr

Allons-y Alonso
Jul 12, 2013
I can't believe they invited Zolnierczyk to camp. He's already taken out 4 players and a coach.

Wait, what's this? He just ripped off his jersey, revealing a Flyers jersey underneath! Bad news for our future Penguins.

Crafton

Liver-Eating Johnson
May 6, 2010
San Francisco
Buster_Keaton_The_General.jpg

Gwydyr

Allons-y Alonso
Jul 12, 2013
Do you have any link about it? Because Zlobin was on the camp roster and he is on ELC with Penguins, so doesn't look that he can sign at KHL.

Just following in the spirit of sarcasm that is this thread. But maybe it was a bit too soon to make that joke. My bad :laugh:

Sideline

May 23, 2004
In the future I want all of you to put the same effort into fantasy questions.

SchultzSquared*

I have been watching camp invite Carter Rowney since Bantam... guy comes from a town of 2400 people in North Alberta... played Midget in a second tier provincial league that is not around anymore... was the undisputed top player at that level but was only about 5'9 150 lbs... comes into Junior A and puberty does its thing... he ended up 6'2 but skinny and awkward... took him some time but he figured it out and led his team to a league title as playoff MVP... UND has done him good and now he's a big, strong winger with a pro-level shot.

If the Pens are looking at finding depth for WBS that can one day play a fourth line NHL role Rowney should be top of the list... he plays a simple up and down game and could pop in 20 goals for the Baby Pens next year.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad