Speculation: 2013 NHL Trade Deadline Thread (CBJ deadline discussion here)

blahblah

Nov 24, 2005
We really have set ourselves up for some real excitement for next year with realignment. I can't wait to face NYR and the Flyers. Sadly the Letestu deal doesn't quite spark the same emotions with the Pens, but man the games with the Rangers should be really fun to watch.

I'm really not looking forward to facing Dorse... That dude will hold a grudge until the end of time... lol

Samkow

Now do Classical Gas
Jul 4, 2002
Detroit
Did we win the trade deadline?

If the criteria is page space on major news organizations (the Gaborik trade made the front page of espn.com), yes we did.

However, will it lead to wins? I'm not so convinced. Dorsett and Brassard were huge parts of the locker room. I'm really wondering how the team will react to losing them.

Samkow

Now do Classical Gas
Jul 4, 2002
Detroit
And we got a major star to waive his NTC to come to Columbus. Given how Nash and Carters departures were perceived by NHL fans and media, that's a pretty big moral victory.

Last edited:

DJA

over the horizon radar
Sponsor
Apr 17, 2002
Beyond the Infinite
If the criteria is page space on major news organizations (the Gaborik trade made the front page of espn.com), yes we did.

However, will it lead to wins? I'm not so convinced. Dorsett and Brassard were huge parts of the locker room. I'm really wondering how the team will react to losing them.

I think they will react positively to their GM going out and getting them a superstar to help with their fight to get into the playoffs.

Robert

Foligno family
Mar 9, 2006
Louisville, KY
I think they will react positively to their GM going out and getting them a superstar to help with their fight to get into the playoffs.

I do as well.... I also think the star status of Gaborik will be secondary in the room unlike with Nash..

The current roster has proven they can win without a star (unless Bob or Anisimov are considered one) and Gaborik will be integrated as a piece not THE piece...

Losing Dorse is an issue as far as the room goes but he's been injured and the Jackets seem to be doing ok without him...

Dying Alive

Phil = 2x Champ
Mar 11, 2007
Pittsburgh
Pens fan here...wanted to stop by and congratulate you guys on your pick ups today, especially Gaborik. Awesome move for you guys. You have great things on the horizon with your new GM and the team you're building. I've always kinda liked the BJs and rooted for them from afar, especially after seeing a Pens/Jackets game at Nationwide. I guess I'll have to stop that once we're in the same conference next year but good luck all the same. :)

We really have set ourselves up for some real excitement for next year with realignment. I can't wait to face NYR and the Flyers. Sadly the Letestu deal doesn't quite spark the same emotions with the Pens, but man the games with the Rangers should be really fun to watch.

I'm really not looking forward to facing Dorse... That dude will hold a grudge until the end of time... lol

Most of us were just happy to see him get a shot somewhere and we're glad he's having success. He was liked here, there just wasn't a spot in the line-up for him. That turned out to be a win/win for everybody.

TheHudlinator

Nov 21, 2011
Victoria,BC
Hey guys Flames fan just stopping by to say I love what you guys have done in the last year and have been really cheering for you guys to do well. Comeau isn't anything special but he gives 100% every night. I hope you guys can make the playoffs I for one will be cheering for you.

blahblah

Nov 24, 2005
Hey guys Flames fan just stopping by to say I love what you guys have done in the last year and have been really cheering for you guys to do well. Comeau isn't anything special but he gives 100% every night. I hope you guys can make the playoffs I for one will be cheering for you.

We appreciate it. Thanks.

NotWendell

Has also never won the lottery.
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2005
Columbus, Ohio

That's exactly what I was expecting. Thanks for the heads up.

Robert

Foligno family
Mar 9, 2006
Louisville, KY
How about this trade deadline thought......

Nash/Brassard/Moore/Dorsett for Gaborik/Anisimov/Dubinsky/Erixon???? It's a blockbuster, thoughts?

Fro

Cheatin on CBJ w TBL
Mar 11, 2009
The Beach, FL
Allyson Gronowitz ‏@AllysonGrono 3m
Brassard said he was sitting with Dorsett, Moore and Mason watching TSN when they all learned about their trades. #starsarejustlikeus

Robert

Foligno family
Mar 9, 2006
Louisville, KY
Allyson Gronowitz ‏@AllysonGrono 3m
Brassard said he was sitting with Dorsett, Moore and Mason watching TSN when they all learned about their trades. #starsarejustlikeus

Brass also seemed very happy on NBC (post game interview) tonight.. as he should, he did well.

Kane At Mifflin

Jan 24, 2012
Hawks fan here. Congrats on the deal guys. Your GM seems like something special to pull off that deal that quick into his tenure. To land an all world winger that will likely be in Columbus a long time without giving up many long term assets is outstanding considering the price of rentals this year. Absolutely fleeced New York considering he came out and said one of his first round picks would be in play. You got the best player in the deal, by far. I can root for your rebuild now that you're moving east. I really appreciate GM's that want to rebuild the right way, and Jarmo seems to get it. Best of luck in the playoff race. Enjoy Gaborik.

Last edited:

ErnieLeafs

Apr 7, 2009
Leafs fan....

I really like how Jarmo stepped in, and put his vision to work. Fortune favours the bold, as it goes, and I really think you're about to walk out of the woods, so to speak.

With multiple 1st round picks in a strong draft, I like the way the future is shaping up for your club.

I only live 3-4 hours away, and have made my way to Columbus on a number of occasions, and love the atmosphere.

Good luck going forward, and we'll get to see a lot more of you soon :)

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad