Draft Picks Available:
1st Round #24
3rd Round #85
4th Round #115
5th Round #145
6th Round #175
7th Round #205

Sources:
Bob's Mid-season Rankings [January 2013] : http://www.tsn.ca/draftcentre/feature/?id=9840
Craig Button's Monthly Rankings: http://www.tsn.ca/draftcentre/feature/?id=49649
McKeens Hockey: http://www.mckeenshockey.com/draft/
CSS Final Rankings: http://www.nhl.com/ice/draftprospectbrowse.htm
ISS Rankings: http://www.isshockey.com/
The Hockey Writers: http://thehockeywriters.com/category/nhl-entry-draft-2/
Lastwordonsports Draft HQ: http://lastwordonsports.com/2013-nhl-draft-headquarters/

Previous Threads:
Draft Talk I: http://hfboards.mandatory.com/showthread.php?t=1264589
Draft Talk II: http://hfboards.mandatory.com/showthread.php?t=1395973
Draft Talk III: http://hfboards.mandatory.com/showthread.php?t=1435573

Aqualung

Nov 16, 2007
Just watched the video on Shea Theodore and he's very impressive offensively.

Heard he's prone to turn-overs because he favors offense and makes defensive gaffs.

But he has high hockey IQ and is coachable, and is very tall and lanky and has yet to fill in his frame which should help his defense grow. Plus he skates extremely well.

No idea if he'll be around by the time Canucks pick, as most newer mock drafts have him going earlier now.

Mr. Canucklehead

Kitimat Canuck
Dec 14, 2002
Kitimat, BC
Just watched the video on Shea Theodore and he's very impressive offensively.

Heard he's prone to turn-overs because he favors offense and makes defensive gaffs.

But he has high hockey IQ and is coachable, and is very tall and lanky and has yet to fill in his frame which should help his defense grow. Plus he skates extremely well.

No idea if he'll be around by the time Canucks pick, as most newer mock drafts have him going earlier now.

I saw him in a game last October vs. the Giants. He was definitely one of their better players, I think he factored in on almost all of Seattle's 6 goals in that game (was 6-4 T-Birds if I recall right).

Nuckles

_________
Apr 27, 2010
heck
http://www.bellmediapr.ca/Network/T...late-of-NHL-Draft-Specials-Beginning-Tomorrow
TSN’s slate of Draft specials include:
BOB MCKENZIE’S NHL DRAFT RANKING SPECIAL – Tuesday, June 25 at 7:30 p.m. ET
2013 NHL MOCK DRAFT – Tuesday, June 25 at 8 p.m. ET
NHL DRAFT RETROSPECTIVE: 2003 – Tuesday, June 25 at 8:30 p.m. ET
COUNTDOWN TO THE NHL DRAFT – Thursday, June 27 at 7:30 p.m. ET

NHL DRAFT RETROSPECTIVE: 2003
Tuesday, June 25 at 8:30 p.m. ET
TSN’s Darren Dutchyshen takes a look back at the 2003 NHL Draft, widely considered the best draft in NHL history with First Round picks including Ryan Getzlaf, Corey Perry, Mike Richards, and Jeff Carter. Additional NHL stars drafted in the First Round include Eric Staal, Nathan Horton, Zach Parise, Ryan Suter, and Dion Phaneuf. The 30-minute special takes fans behind-the-scenes with insight from some of the GMs who made the top picks and trades, along with perspective from Hockey Insider Bob McKenzie and TSN Scout Craig Button.

They're also airing the entire draft (all 7 rounds) on Sunday at 11:30am PT.

My body is ready.

Bitz and Bites

May 5, 2012
Victoria
Theodore seems like he has a lot of potential offensive upside,probably more so than than the forwards that might be available around our #24 draft slot like Rychel,Erne,etc who sound like tweener 3rd/2nd liners and maybe #2 PP guys.
If developed properly and all things going right,Theodore could well be a top pairing PMD/#1 PP QB which would be huge for the organization.
I can see why the Canucks would be interested although we have another player in the system in Patrick McNally who's very similar in the game he plays,body type and in his strengths/weaknesses who's probably NHL ready around the same time.

IMO,we really need to address our needs at forward in a bad way so I would hope that MG would have acquired another 1st/early 2nd for that need if we do pick Theodore with our first rounder.However,if the Canucks feel that he is the BPA then all we can do is hope for the best.

Personally I think it would be cool to have a top prospect in the western division of the WHL that us in B.C. could see play live on a regular basis although that would be a real change in drafting philosophy.

Nuckles

_________
Apr 27, 2010
heck
Over/under how long the draft lasts?

I got 6 hours :yo:

I'm thinking it'll last 7 or 8 hours.
The 1st round usually takes 3-3.5 hours by itself. They will also probably take a couple of breaks in-between rounds to stretch their legs and get food/coffee.

Mr. Canucklehead

Kitimat Canuck
Dec 14, 2002
Kitimat, BC
Theodore seems like he has a lot of potential offensive upside,probably more so than than the forwards that might be available around our #24 draft slot like Rychel,Erne,etc who sound like tweener 3rd/2nd liners and maybe #2 PP guys.
If developed properly and all things going right,Theodore could well be a top pairing PMD/#1 PP QB which would be huge for the organization.
I can see why the Canucks would be interested although we have another player in the system in Patrick McNally who's very similar in the game he plays,body type and in his strengths/weaknesses who's probably NHL ready around the same time.

IMO,we really need to address our needs at forward in a bad way so I would hope that MG would have acquired another 1st/early 2nd for that need if we do pick Theodore with our first rounder.However,if the Canucks feel that he is the BPA then all we can do is hope for the best.

Personally I think it would be cool to have a top prospect in the western division of the WHL that us in B.C. could see play live on a regular basis although that would be a real change in drafting philosophy.

Pretty well agree with this. I like Theodore at our picking range, but there's more than a few forwards who would have to be gone before I'd really like to see him picked.

Even still, I think he would be a solid pick at that spot. Selecting a promising young local with our 1st could also help add some buzz to an organization that seems to be lacking it lately (Tortorella's hire not withstanding)

thefeebster

Mar 13, 2009
Vancouver
Omg...That video posted by lph in the past thread, has our draft rankings for 2010.

In HD you can see the names. It is very eye opening.

1. Hall, Taylor
2. Seguin, Tyler
3. Burmistrov, Alex
4. Gormley, Brandon
5. Campbell, Jack
6. Tarasenko, Vladimir
7. Gudbranson, Erik
8. Skinner, Jeff
9. Fowler, Cam
10. Forbort, Derek
11. Johansen, Ryan
12. Connelly, Brett
13. McIlrath, Dylan
14. Visentin, Mark
15. Granlund, Mikael
16. Kuznetsov, Evgeny
17. Neiderreiter, Nino
18. Tinordi, Jarred
19. Bennett, Beau
20. Sheahan, Riley
21. Bjugstad, Nick
22. Merrill, Jon
23. Melchiori, Julian
24. Corbiel-Therault, Mathieu
25. Hishon, Joey
26. McNally, Patrick
27. Straka, Petr
28. Jarnkrok, Calle
29. Gailev, Stanislav
30. Lindberg, Oscar
31. Polasek, Adam
32. Kabanov, Kirill
33. Ross, Brad
34. Rensfeldt, Ludvig
35. Hayes, Kevin
36. Dominque, Louis
37. Petterson-Wentzel
38. Shwartz, Jaden
39. Knight, Jared
40. McFarland, John
41. Faulk, Justin
42. Zucker, Jason
43. Larsson, Johan
44. Watson, Austin
45. Toffoli, Tyler
46. Etem, Emerson
47. Pitlick, Tyler
48. Pickard, Calvin
49. Johns, Stephen
50. Pysyk, Mark
51. Marincin, Martin
52. Culek, Jakub
53. Howden, Quinton
54. Hamilton, Curtis
55. Friesen, Alex
56. Spooner, Ryan
57. Gudas, Radko
58. Mrazek, Petr
59. Holl, Justin
60. Pulkkinen, Teemu
61. Wannstrom, Sebastion
62. Bocharov, Stanislav
63. Nelson, Brock
64. Alt, Mark
65. Martindale, Ryan
66. McNeill, Reid
67. Aubry, Louis
68. Leach, Joey
69. MacMillan, Mark
70. Petrovic, Alex
71. Simpson, Kent
72. Brittain, Sam
73. Cehlin, Patrick
74. Gustafsson, Johan
75. Iilahti, Jonathan
76. Brodin, Daniel
77. Nemeth, Patrik
78. Coyle, Charlie
79. McCormick, Max
80. Kitsyn, Maxim
81. Donskoi, Joonas
82. Wind, Cameron
83. Smith Pelley, Devante
84. Tommernes, Henrik in 2011
85. Hannay, Sawyer :help::help::help::help::help:
86. Zahn, Teigan
87. MacKenzie, Matt
88. Weal, Jordan
89. Chudinov, Maxim
90. Houser, Michael
91. Wedgewood, Scott
92. Sundher, Kevin
93. Beukeboom, Brock
94. O'Donnell, Brendan
95. Herbert, Caleb
96. Archibald, Brandon
97. Chaput, Michael
98. Salmivirta, Mikael
99. Hjalmarsson, Simon
100. Marchenko, Alexei
101. Brickley, Connor
102. Clark, Jason
103. Henley, Cedrick
104. Gauthier Leduc, Jerome
105. Gardiner, Max
106. Schemitsch, Geoffrey
107. Smith, Dalton
108. Yogan, Andrew
109. Barbeshev, Sergei
110. Hakanpaa, Jani
111. Aittokallio, Sami
112. Stahl, Tyler
113. Kantor, Michael
114. Marshall, Ben
115. Abeltshauser, Konrad
116. Shipley, Steven
117. Kuhnhackl, Tom
118. Bulmer, Brett
119. Grubauer, Phillip
120. Arnold, Bill

-Wow, that is the most eye opening thing we've gotten from the Canucks about the draft ever.
-We had Tommernes ranked higher, but decided to skip him to take Hannay. I don't understand this decision.
-Several shocking rankings not using hindsight but what i thought at the draft

Last edited:
Reactions: Peen

Vankiller Whale

Fire Benning
May 12, 2012
Toronto
Omg...That video posted by lph in the past thread, has our draft rankings for 2010.

-Wow, that is the most eye opening thing we've gotten from the Canucks about the draft ever.
-We had Tommernes ranked higher, but decided to skip him to take Hannay. I don't understand this decision.

That's actually really awesome. Good catch. Although I'll be honest and say that the rankings don't exactly instill confidence in my opinion of our scouts.

DennisReynolds

the implication
Dec 11, 2011
I'm thinking it'll last 7 or 8 hours.
The 1st round usually takes 3-3.5 hours by itself. They will also probably take a couple of breaks in-between rounds to stretch their legs and get food/coffee.
How do they actually draft 7th round players? Do they just call their name because I'm going to assume that players who expect to be undrafted or go to 7th round wouldn't show up

PhilMick

Formerly PRNuck
May 20, 2009
Calgary

Oh that's just gross. Thanks for typing it out though.

Nuckles

_________
Apr 27, 2010
heck
How do they actually draft 7th round players? Do they just call their name because I'm going to assume that players who expect to be undrafted or go to 7th round wouldn't show up

The only players who show up to the draft are guys who are expected to be drafted in the 1st round.

Rounds 2-7 are done very quickly (compared to the 1st round). The teams announce their pick via microphone while sitting at their team's table, they don't go on stage or present the player with a jersey.

Vankiller Whale

Fire Benning
May 12, 2012
Toronto
Maybe they purposely made up a phony list to put in the video to throw people off so they wouldn't actually know how our scouting works...?

...I'm trying my best, here.

Pip

Feb 2, 2012
Granduland

Thanks for going through the names, I found it nearly impossible (although I was looking on my phone at the time). That is some awesome info to have.

arsmaster*

I just watched the video for the first time and noticed the first few, but couldn't zoom in close enough.

Those are effing terrible rankings and exactly why I hate our scouts. I'm wondering if some of them are sitting too far away from the games.

I really hope that wasn't our final list, like really hope, that was just one copy of one scouts list.

If it is our 2010 list, I don't understand how we traded for Ballard depending on the availability of a certain player. Kuznetsov is #16 (ahead of Bennett and Tinordi - our rumoured targets).

Vankiller Whale

Fire Benning
May 12, 2012
Toronto
I just watched the video for the first time and noticed the first few, but couldn't zoom in close enough.

Those are effing terrible rankings and exactly why I hate our scouts. I'm wondering if some of them are sitting too far away from the games.

I really hope that wasn't our final list, like really hope, that was just one copy of one scouts list.

If it is our 2010 list, I don't understand how we traded for Ballard depending on the availability of a certain player. Kuznetsov is #16 (ahead of Bennett and Tinordi - our rumoured targets).

While it might have been the scouts' final ranking of players by talent, it might not account for Gillis being unwilling to take the risk of him staying in the KHL.

nameless1

Apr 29, 2009

1. Hall
2. Seguin
3. Burmistrov
4. Gormley
5. JACK CAMPBELL
6. Tarasenko
7.Gudbranson
8. Skinner
9. Fowler
10.Forbort
11. Johansen
12. Connelly
13. McIlrath
14. Visentin
15. Granlund
16. Kuznetsov
17. Nino
18. Tinordi
19. Bennett
20. Sheahan
21. Bjugstad
22. Merrill
23. Melchiori
24. Corbiel-Therault
25. Hishon
26. McNally
27. Straka, Petr
28. Jarnkrok, Calle
29. Gailev, Stanislav
30. Lindberg, Oscar
31. Polasek, Adam
32. Kabanov
33. Ross, Brad
34. Rensfeldt
35. Hayes, Kevin
36. Dominque, Louis
37. Petterson-Wentzel
38. Shwartz, Jaden
39. Knight, Jared
40. McFarland, John
41. Faulk, Justin
42. Zucker, Jason
43. Larsson, Johan
44. Watson, Austin
45. Toffoli, Tyler
46. Etem, Emerson
47. Pitlick, Tyler
48. Pickard, Calvin
49. Johns, Stephen
50. Pysyk, Mark
51. Marincin, Martin
52. Culek, Jakub
53. Howden, Quinton
54. Hamilton, Curtis
55. Friesen, Alex
56. Spooner, Ryan
57. Gudas, Radko
58. Mrazek, Petr
59. Holl, Justin
60. Pulkkinen, Teemu
61. Wannstrom, Sebastion
62. Bocharov, Stanislav
63. Nelson, Brock
64. Alt, Mark
65. Martindale, Ryan
66. McNeill, Reid
67. Aubry, Louis
68. Leach, Joey
69. MacMillan, Mark
70. Petrovic, Alex
71. Simpson, Kent
72. Brittain, Sam
73. Cehlin, Patrick
74. Gustafsson, Johan
75. Iilahti, Jonathan
76. Brodin, Danielk
77. Nemeth, Patrik
78. Coyle, Charlie
79. McCormick, Max
80. Kitsyn, Maxim
81. Donskoi, Joonas
82. Wind, Cameron
83. Smith Pelley, Devante
84. Tommernes, Henrik in 2011
85. Hannay, Sawyer :help::help::help::help::help:
86. Zahn, Teigan
87. MacKenzie, Matt
88. Weal, Jordan
89. Chudinov, Maxim
90. Houser, Michael
91. Wedgewood, Scott
92. Sundher, Kevin
93. Beukeboom, Brock
94. O'Donnell, Brendan
95. Herbert, Caleb
96. Archibald, Brandon
97. Chaput, Michael
98. Salmivirta, Mikael
99. Hjalmarsson, Simon
100. Marchenko, Alexei
101. Brickley, Connor
102. Clark, Jason
103. Henley, Cedrick
104. Gauthier Leduc, Jerome
105. Gardiner, Max
106. Schemitsch, Geoffrey
107. Smith, Dalton
108. Yogan, Andrew
109. Barbeshev, Sergei
110. Hakanpaa, Jani
111. Aittokallio, Sami
112. Stahl, Tyler
113. Kantor, Michael
114. Marshall, Ben
115. Abeltshauser, Konrad
116. Shipley, Steven
117. Kuhnhackl, Tom
118. Bulmer, Brett
119. Grubauer, Phillip
120. Arnold, Bill

Good job thefeebster.
Thank you for posting the list.
That must have taken a long time.
I appreciate the effort.

Last edited:

thefeebster

Mar 13, 2009
Vancouver
Hahah a very controversial list, indeed.

The top of the list said "2010 Final Meeting final los angeles". Seeing as it said final twice and the draft was held in LA that year... i'm leaning towards it being the final copy and technically we picked BPA mostly according to that list. We skipped one Russian between a couple of our picks as well, so i do think Vankiller is right that we may have been passing on some Russians. May explain Kuznetsov.

Also, another thing that tells me it was used at the draft table. The highlighted players were those taken up to a certain point and someone hand wrote on the side the number some of those players were taken.

Agree with all you guys, the list doesn't really instill much confidence.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad