2013 NHL Draft Thread III (6/30, 3PM EDT)

Status
Not open for further replies.

CBJx614

May 25, 2012
C-137
If Lindholm was available at #7 would any of you do the following:

To EDM: Johansen, #27 OA
To CBJ: #7 (Lindholm) and PRV

I'm not sure I would want to give up the big center, however, Anisimov appears to be a very solid center in his own right and Lindholm could play another year in Sweden and be brought along slowly. We'd give up size but may ultimately get a better player and adding PRV to the forward group would help in my opinion.

Just brainstorming and maybe it's fried....
I've suggested a very similar trade and i would definitely do it. We get a very young winger to go along with Gaborik, Atkinson and Calvert. While at the same time getting a center for the future. I really don't like the thought of losing Johansen because I think he still has a lot of untapped potential and I'd feel really comfortable about it. But if I knew there was a FA signing in the works or if I knew Jenner was ready step up to the nhl I'd feel a little better about it.

Last edited:

stevo61

Jul 5, 2011
Canada
If Lindholm was available at #7 would any of you do the following:

To EDM: Johansen, #27 OA
To CBJ: #7 (Lindholm) and PRV

I'm not sure I would want to give up the big center, however, Anisimov appears to be a very solid center in his own right and Lindholm could play another year in Sweden and be brought along slowly. We'd give up size but may ultimately get a better player and adding PRV to the forward group would help in my opinion.

Just brainstorming and maybe it's fried....

I'd do that if Lindholm is available pretty easily. I'm a pretty big fan and feel he and Barkov at times are the 2 most over looked players in the draft for the simple fact they don't play over here. Guy is gonna be a big time player for whoevers lap he falls into

InjuredChoker

Dec 25, 2011
LTIR or golf course
“If you get two (players) out of seven (rounds) each year that are significant NHL players, you’re doing a pretty good job,” Blue Jackets general manager Jarmo Kekalainen said. “Three out of seven, and it’s a home run. That’s just the reality.” -

“I have a very simple philosophy: You work hard and you rely on your instincts, which are shaped by your experiences,” Kekalainen said. “You have to get to the core of the player, find out what motivates them, find out what they’re about. I wish we could draft 20-year-olds (like the NFL and NBA), but that’s not the way it works.”

“When he was here, Jarmo was seen as a draft guru,” said Jeremy Rutherford, who covers the Blues for the St. Louis Post-Dispatch. “When he left, fans were really disappointed. They thought he was the guy — more than anybody else — who was the driving force in the Blues coming back to prominence.”

Johnson, a 6-foot-4, 236-pound defenseman, was viewed by many as a “franchise” player with great offensive instincts, but he has been barely more than a serviceable player. He was traded to Colorado during the 2010-11 season. “I’d like to see the lists of the 29 other teams and see where they had (Johnson),” Kekalainen said. “I know we weren’t alone … not that it makes me feel any better. Some guys from that draft have already won Stanley Cups, so I get the criticism of that pick. But Erik Johnson is still young in his career. We’ll see where he is in 10 years.”

“We would have taken Eller at No. 9, but we thought we’d get him later, and we were right,” Kekalainen said. “For San Jose, Couture was definitely a player worth moving up for. “We had Perron ahead of Cole on our list, but we were convinced we could get Perron later, and we’d already taken a forward, so we went with (Cole). I remember sweating it out that Perron might not be there, but we got lucky.”

This year, the Blue Jackets have the 14th, 19th and 27th picks. Kekalainen said the team will be ready. “Every draft is different, not just the players available but the conversations between clubs,” he said. “We’re going to be active and aggressive.”

http://bluejacketsxtra.dispatch.com.../23/first-draft-awaits-blue-jackets-boss.html

CBJx614

May 25, 2012
C-137

Because we receive a NHL young high potential winger, and a pick. Doesn't even have to necessarily be Lindholm we get. Maybe JK has somebody higher up on his board, or maybe somebody else slips. For a center who everyone seems to think has an "attitude" problem and a later in the first round pick. It lets JK make his "mark" on the team and while it could potentially push the team back a year or two(depending on who is selected with the 7th pick) but it could right the course. Maybe Johansen really does have an attitude and we could possibly be saving ourselves some stress in the future(I personally don't think that's the case). Or maybe we're giving up a perennial all star. We just don't know. Its a calculated risk they would have to figure out.

I wont be disappointed if we don't make any moves at the draft. I think Johansen still has a lot of potential and a lot of room to grow, and adding 8 or 9 more players into the system by a highly touted scouting guru wont hurt any.

Roadman

Moving On
Sep 9, 2009
London OH

Good stuff! Thanks

This kind of stood out for me.

Gregor: How much, if any, has advanced stats entered into your scouting reports?

Conte: We talk a lot about it, the Moneyball theory and everything else, and I don’t think that the hockey playing public is a big a sample as all of that. It is totally relevant, clearly it is relevant, and clearly there are some trends. If you’re going to invest your picks and your money into high-level young talent, there should be some substantiation via productivity and height and weights and various factors, but the real factor is watching them play. It comes down to “Do you want them on the team or you don’t want them on the team?â€

GrahamCracker215

Jun 27, 2011
My favorite mock so far

http://hockeythisweek.com/hockey-this-week-2013-nhl-draft-mock-up-1-0-by-tony-stabile/#.UcWsM5wlmkx

Domi, Zykov, Hartman

So many mocks I've seen have us taking 2 D. One maybe but 2?

If MacKinnon falls to Tampa Bay, I would think they would be listening to trades to improve their defense. What do you guys think about Murray and the 14th pick to jump up for MacKinnon? Maybe throw in the 27th pick if needed.

It's just a thought and I'd like to hear some feedback.

InjuredChoker

Dec 25, 2011
LTIR or golf course
If MacKinnon falls to Tampa Bay, I would think they would be listening to trades to improve their defense. What do you guys think about Murray and the 14th pick to jump up for MacKinnon? Maybe throw in the 27th pick if needed.

Well, Tampa could be possibly looking at upgrade on C too, if/when Lecavalier gets bought out next offseason.

Nate and Stamkos at middle and they would be set for decade. That is hard to pass.

I think Yzerman is looking some upgrade on D but they do have some good kids coming up and wants to see what Cooper (the new coach) can bring before making changes. At least significant ones.

That offer has been discussed hear a lot, maybe too much for Sore Loser, one could say..

The value is pretty close to fair, but I'm not sure if neither team would do it. Both are somewhat unproven, and I think teams would hate to lose a trade like that.

Jackets16

Jan 7, 2005

I probably wouldn't trade Murray straight up for MacKinnon. I definitely wouldn't add any picks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad