2013 Memorial Cup

Libbs

Jul 20, 2010
Halifax, NS
No thread? :shakehead

London wins a squeaker last night over a really well rested Saskatoon team 3-2.

Mooseheads light up Portland tonight 7-4 with MacKinnon putting on a clinic!

I don't think tomorrows game is going to be pretty.

NTDP

Dec 20, 2010
Cleveland, OH
No thread? :shakehead

London wins a squeaker last night over a really well rested Saskatoon team 3-2.

Mooseheads light up Portland tonight 7-4 with MacKinnon putting on a clinic!

I don't think tomorrows game is going to be pretty.

Yeah and Portland put on a clinic in the first period and beginning of the 2nd. Moose got some dirty goals and it showed that's what it took to beat Portland. They couldn't do the toe drag/tic tac toe stuff they dominate the Q with all game long. Portland was picking them off left and right through most of the first half of the game until Carruth took a **** in net.

Lodon also kinda dominated Saskatoon through most of that game. Makarov played very well to keep them in it.

Alerion

Dec 24, 2012
Halifax, NS
Yeah and Portland put on a clinic in the first period and beginning of the 2nd. Moose got some dirty goals and it showed that's what it took to beat Portland. They couldn't do the toe drag/tic tac toe stuff they dominate the Q with all game long. Portland was picking them off left and right through most of the first half of the game until Carruth took a **** in net.

Lodon also kinda dominated Saskatoon through most of that game. Makarov played very well to keep them in it.

The Moose sucked for the first half of the game. Very lazy and hesitant. They dominated play in the second half of the game even without Carruth being awful.

lavoy

Nov 3, 2011
I don't see tomorrow being "ugly", despite the on paper match-up.

Moose 5-3 though is what I expect. I know, 7 on Portland, 5 on Sask, seems weird, but it doesn't always work like that.

Our offense has come to play I suppose, and our depth is what could win us a game against a hard-working Blades team.

KingKadri

Apr 26, 2013
Halifax
While goaltending hasen't really decided the first two games it did play a large role in the outcomes. A dominate London team wins a game that should not have been close due to the stellar play of Makorov. Carrath ***** the bed in what should have and would have been a very tight game between Portland and Hali.

Will Makorov be able to keep tonights game close? and will Portland continue to suffer with awful goaltending performances?

King Mapes

Sub to My YouTube Blocks_4_days
Feb 9, 2008
Edmonton
What a sad attempt at the National anthems.

On to the game. Nate was definitely best player on either side. Even took Jones to school on one of them (big moment in the game). Jones, aside from that goal, was solid. Haven't seen much of him tbh, but I was impressed. Drouin was definitely the worst of the 3 but that's why he's ranked third. Still has a huge future. I want a Portland/Halifax final

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad