2013 Memorial Cup

Joe Hallenback

Mar 4, 2005
I like Horvat a lot. Reminds me of Couture. Just a solid thick body type,smart player all over the ice. Soft hands and superb defensive player.

I think Domi is your typical boom or bust prospect. He is either going to light it up or he won't be in league. He has top 5 offensive skill.

ps241

The Ballad of Ville Bobby
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
I like Horvat a lot. Reminds me of Couture. Just a solid thick body type,smart player all over the ice. Soft hands and superb defensive player.

I think Domi is your typical boom or bust prospect. He is either going to light it up or he won't be in league. He has top 5 offensive skill.

I agree Joe.....Max will not be a bottom 6 forward on a team, he is a top 6 or nothing type. small guys that are boom bust usually scare me in the 1st round but he has some serious skills and if you get it right with that type they can bring allot to a team.

Horvat appears to be a much safer pick and he looked special in small sample size last night.

Last edited:

Guerzy

I'm a fricken baby
Jan 16, 2005

Disagree on Domi. He'll be an NHL'er in my opinion, whether it's a top 6 point scoring forward or finding a role in the bottom 6, even with his lack of height, exactly like a Chad LaRose. Not only does he have the natural talent with the vision, hands, hockey IQ, skating, while small, he's very stocky, and by all indications his center of gravity is extremely good. I think he'll end up being versatile no matter what whether he's putting up points or playing a bottom 6 two-way role, killing penalties, etc.

I know some of these small player comparisons get old and tiresome to hear/read, but my honest opinion is Domi could end up in a group ranging from P. Kane, St. Louis, Briere, Gionta, etc... or a Marchand, Gallagher (if he keeps it up)... to a Roy, Ennis... and if not then I feel he'll at a minimum and absolute worst be a versatile bottom 6 guy such as a LaRose.

He'll find a role regardless, in my opinion. He's just one of those guys, I think.

Last edited:

ps241

The Ballad of Ville Bobby
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
Disagree on Domi. He'll be an NHL'er in my opinion, whether it's a top 6 point scoring forward or finding a role in the bottom 6, even with his lack of height, exactly like a Chad LaRose. Not only does he have the natural talent with the vision, hands, hockey IQ, skating, while small, he's very stocky, and by all indications his center of gravity is extremely good. I think he'll end up being versatile no matter what whether he's putting up points or playing a bottom 6 two-way role, killing penalties, etc.

I know some of these small player comparisons get old and tiresome to hear/read, but my honest opinion is Domi could end up in a group ranging from P. Kane, St. Louis, Briere, Gionta, etc... or a Marchand, Gallagher (if he keeps it up)... to a Roy, Ennis... and if not then I feel he'll at a minimum and absolute worst be a versatile bottom 6 guy such as a LaRose.

He'll find a role regardless, in my opinion. He's just one of those guys, I think.

Interesting take and who knows Guerzy you may be correct it would depend on his willingness to adapt. When I have watched him his speed and skills stand out and I know he threw a very big hit in the Saskatoon game but one of the issues is from what I have seen (not much I admit) he seems to get outmuscled on the board battles easily which concerns me for a bottom six forward. I will have to watch this aspect of his game a bit closer over the balance of the tournament.

ajmidd12

Know-It-All
Apr 16, 2012
This Planet
Wouldn't it be cool to see Chevy pick Domi (if he's available) :)

Watched the game last night, the kid has some speed and skill. With some good line mates (Kane) I think he would do well in the NHL. The Mock draft has us picking a D at 13... please no more D!

Channelcat

Unhinged user
Feb 8, 2013
Canada
Wouldn't it be cool to see Chevy pick Domi (if he's available) :)

Watched the game last night, the kid has some speed and skill. With some good line mates (Kane) I think he would do well in the NHL. The Mock draft has us picking a D at 13... please no more D!

Domi is playing is way into the top ten. He is a much a "sure thing" as the big 3 in this draft (imho). I am actually starting to feel less confidence in our ability to take a top tier prospect at 13 and hope Chevy gets a chance to move up.

VictoriaJetsFan

Mar 24, 2013
Saw MacKinnon and Drouin put on an absolute show last night in the final game..there is nothing about Domi that says he is anywhere close to those two....hope the jets take Zadarov or Horvat instead..

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad