2013 Memorial Cup

ps241

The Ballad of Ville Bobby
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
I wonder how badly the Blades will get destroyed tonight.

Oh well, another chance to see Sutter.

The Blades were a solid team and they have been working their a55es off getting ready for this so I wouldn't sell them too short. Very tough to get up for the playoffs when you know you are already in the tournament. I am not expecting the Blades to win the Cup but I think they will be pretty competitive.

Tintin's Ghost

May 28, 2007
Saskatoon
The presence of Jones, MacKinnon, Drouin and Domi makes this an excellent Mem Cup before fist puck drop! Saturday night's game of Hawks and Moosehead will hopefully live up to all the hype.

Blades are well-rested and have a lot of practice in while the other teams went through more wear-and-tera just to get there. Hoping to see an all WHL final but the Blades need to pull off some rather big upsets to achieve that.

GO BLADES GO

ps241

Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
The presence of Jones, MacKinnon, Drouin and Domi makes this an excellent Mem Cup before fist puck drop! Saturday night's game of Hawks and Moosehead will hopefully live up to all the hype.

Blades are well-rested and have a lot of practice in while the other teams went through more wear-and-tera just to get there. Hoping to see an all WHL final but the Blades need to pull off some rather big upsets to achieve that.

GO BLADES GO

wouldn't it be Ironic if Sutter had a lights out tourney....his bandwagon has a bit of room on it at this point ;)

Tintin's Ghost

May 28, 2007
Saskatoon
wouldn't it be Ironic if Sutter had a lights out tourney....his bandwagon has a bit of room on it at this point ;)

It would be like a black fly in my chardonnay. It's great that anyone who wants to can watch him tonight because he plays much better that his production suggests. I see a useful player in him.

garret9

AKA#VitoCorrelationi
Mar 31, 2012
Vancouver
www.hockey-graphs.com
It would be like a black fly in my chardonnay. It's great that anyone who wants to can watch him tonight because he plays much better that his production suggests. I see a useful player in him.

It's possible... but history is against him.
Even NHL defensive players tend to have decent scoring in juniors.

nhlchart.JPG

ps241

Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
just a bit :laugh:

I'd still take him over Jones 99 times out of 100

Yea I was saying that for the past month.....I do not like D men picks 1st overall.....it hasn't worked out very well for the past 30 years.....why look a gift horse in the mouth......Nate is a can't miss beast!

truck

Jun 27, 2012
www.arcticicehockey.com
Yea I was saying that for the past month.....I do not like D men picks 1st overall.....it hasn't worked out very well for the past 30 years.....why look a gift horse in the mouth......Nate is a can't miss beast!
Another factor for me...

D men generally take longer to get acclimated in the league. If it takes a D man 4 years to hit his potential as a top pairing guy vs 2 to 3 for a forward that means you get less grade A controllable years out of your pick.

Guerzy

I'm a fricken baby
Jan 16, 2005
Anyone see that Domi hit on McColgan? Beautiful, textbook hit.

Very nice! He is a very strong kid, and though short, built very well.

Domi is who I'd like the Jets to draft. By all indications a great kid, and oozes talent. Great skater/mobility, excellent hands and playmaking game, strong shot. Would love Max as a Jet.

Last edited:

Mathmew Purrrr Oh

#meowmeowmeowmeow
Apr 18, 2013
meow
Yeah I'm a Domi fan too

I'm also a Horvat fan

Personally I think Domi's ceiling is higher than Horvat's but Horvat's floor much higher than Domi's just due to his hockey IQ and utility

Domi could be a 1w or 1w/2w tweener while Horvat could be a Bergeron-like 2-way 2c dynamo

as for a comparable Marchand+ is mentioned a lot for Domi but I see more Zach Parise in him

*to be clear the above doesn't mean there aren't others I like that will be available at 13

puck stoppa

Jul 5, 2011
Winnipeg
If we could add Domi and Scheif in the next few years we would look decent in the top six and Burmi could centre the third line between Lowry and whomever. That would be wicked in two years! Lets draft Domi, we need the talent.

LLW
Kane Scheif Domi
Lowry Odell Burmi
whomever

That may be too much youth but I like the potential with those young guys.

YWGinYYZ

Jul 3, 2011
Toronto
Very nice! He is a very strong kid, and though short, built very well.

Domi is who I'd like the Jets to draft. By all indications a great kid, and oozes talent. Great skater/mobility, excellent hands and playmaking game, strong shot. Would love Max as a Jet.

If no one of note slides, and Domi's available, I'd love to see him selected by the Jets. Great work ethic, fast and quick and strong on his skates, with great offensive instinct. Short, but strong - very hard to move off the puck. If he were 170 I'd have questions about his ability to play against larger players, but he's right around 200lbs already.

I see some Marchand and, some Parise, with a bit of the aggression of his Father in him.

EDIT: skating test at a combine:

ps241

Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
Domi made an unbelievable assist on London's 2nd goal.....it will be a TSN highlight of the night so you will have to check it out! I am also starting to come around on Horvat he is having a heck if a game.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad