D'amigo - Mckegg - Leivo
Ross - Carrick - Ryan
Broll - Crezcenzi - Biggs

Ranger - Blacker
Percy - Holzer
Marshall - Granberg

Macintyre
Sparks

I think the bolded players are on the Leafs to start the season.

snizzbone*

I think the bolded players are on the Leafs to start the season.

I think Granberg will get some looks but then sent down to the minors to adapt to the NA game better. Probably get called up though.

StuckOutHere

Feb 10, 2010
I think Granberg will get some looks but then sent down to the minors to adapt to the NA game better. Probably get called up though.

I honestly think, outside of Rielly and Gardiner, that he is our best bet on the blue line prospect-wise. Love this player. Plays like a man and he's only 20. Very stoked.

The Saurus

May 12, 2006
Ashton - Smith - Zigomanis
D'amigo - Mckegg - Leivo
Ross - Carrick - Ryan
Broll - Crezcenzi - Biggs

Ranger - Blacker
Percy - Holzer
Marshall - Granberg

Macintyre
Sparks

Zigomanis is a UFA, as is Ranger. Also, as it stands at this moment, one of Ashton or D'Amigo will be up with the Leafs full time on the third line beside Bolland.

P.S.: Who is Smith?

SprDaVE

Sep 20, 2008
Very likely to sign a couple AHL contracts in next couple weeks and/or NHL 2-way contracts.

I'm not sure who fits the bill but there's always a couple of them every year.

They usually get signed at a later date when they are not offered their preferred one-way NHL contracts. They then assess the best team to go to.

Neil Hamburger

Five Bagger!
Jun 15, 2010
Toronto
Zigomanis is a UFA, as is Ranger. Also, as it stands at this moment, one of Ashton or D'Amigo will be up with the Leafs full time on the third line beside Bolland.

P.S.: Who is Smith?

I think D'amigo could slot in well with Bolland and Kulemin, and add a little bit of speed to that line. He's a gritty guy who's not afraid to go to the dirty areas, I think they could be a great two-way unit.

I don't like the idea of us having Biggs on the 4th line next year, like in WhatASaveDaves post. If D'amigo's with the big club next year, these would be my lines:

Ashton-Smith-Leivo
Ross-Mckegg-Zigo
Ryan-Carrick-Biggs
Devane-Crescenzi-Broll

Yeo/Brennan/Ranger-Holzer
Percy-Blacker
Marshall-Granberg

MacIntyre
Sparks

With Sparks getting a good number of games to see where his development is at.

This Marlies team looks a little weaker than in the last two years, and we've lost Eakins. We still have a lot of NHL calibre prospects, but no real high-end guys here.

Last edited:

ShLou Foot

6-8-5-13
Jul 3, 2011
crusoed
D'amigo-McKegg - Ashton
Biggs - Smith - Leivo
Ross - Carrick - Ryan
Devane - Crezcenzi -Broll

Brennan*- Blacker
Percy - Holzer
Marshall - Granberg
MacWilliam

Macintyre
Sparks
Gibson
*can play forward

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
Really happy some of the veterans have moved on. I really liked Hamilton, sucks he is gone, but Scott, Acton, Yeo i'm happy left.

I feel the Marlies should be for our prospects, not filled with veterans.

Heck, I would be fine if Ziggy didn't come back. Make Ranger captain if he doesn't want to play in the NHL.

SprDaVE

Sep 20, 2008
Really happy some of the veterans have moved on. I really liked Hamilton, sucks he is gone, but Scott, Acton, Yeo i'm happy left.

I feel the Marlies should be for our prospects, not filled with veterans.

Heck, I would be fine if Ziggy didn't come back. Make Ranger captain if he doesn't want to play in the NHL.

Spott did say that the Marlies should be very heavy on rookies and young players. You have Leivo, Percy, Biggs, MacWilliam, Granberg (likely) and Sparks all on their first year on pro contracts. That's a lot of players joining them.

So I do expect a veteran or two but likely not as much as this year.

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
Spott did say that the Marlies should be very heavy on rookies and young players. You have Leivo, Percy, Biggs, MacWilliam, Granberg (likely) and Sparks all on their first year on pro contracts. That's a lot of players joining them.

So I do expect a veteran or two but likely not as much as this year.

And I agree, a veteran or two is fine, but you want to give your rookies as much ice time as you can.

I would be fine if Ziggy came back, but wouldn't be upset if he didn't

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
I wouldn't count on Ashton/D'Amigo, or Blacker being in the AHL next season.

I think Liles will eventually be moved this summer.

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
What kind of coaching style does Steve Spott go with?

It really sucks to lose Eakins..

I believe the plan is to play the same style as Carlyle. So the kids get used to how they need to play.

Things seem to set up for Randy Carlyle to be our coach for a LONG time.

Which I'm fine with, I like having a coach we KNOW will be here a long time. Enough with the 3 or 4 years and then switch

namttebih

Dec 11, 2010
East York
I wouldn't count on Ashton/D'Amigo, or Blacker being in the AHL next season.

I think Liles will eventually be moved this summer.

I think that RC really wants Ashton and Blacker to be up this year. It's most likely their jobs to lose in training camp.

They are fun to watch.

LeafsNation75

Jan 15, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
With Ryan Hamilton now gone who do you think will replace him as the next Marlies Captain? If Mike Zigomanis is back next season I think he would be the obvious choice.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad