Marlies Discussion: 2013-2014 Marlies Edition Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

mikebel111*

Been playing my NHL14 recently, random thought came up: Who should back up Mac down in the Marlies. Who's playing better right now, Sparks or Gibson? I don't follow the Marlies at all unfortunately.

U cant really go wrong with either one.
Also u need to start following them. They are hungry kids who put in effort.
Complete opposite of the leafs

Jer416

Oct 8, 2013
Ontario
U cant really go wrong with either one.
Also u need to start following them. They are hungry kids who put in effort.
Complete opposite of the leafs

How does it work anyways? Mac starts I assume, and they just rotat as backups? Let's hope we actually develop them through the years. Never knew what happened TO Ryan's and Owuya

mikebel111*

How does it work anyways? Mac starts I assume, and they just rotat as backups? Let's hope we actually develop them through the years. Never knew what happened TO Ryan's and Owuya

Yup mac is starter. And than rotation. If one guy is in AHL, other is in ECHL. And vice versa

Joey Hoser

Jan 8, 2008
Guelph
ross is done unless there is a miracle uturn. mcgregg also has a shorter leash with verhaeghe coming up in 2 seasons, and if toninato or camenasari turn it up. i think that brown or verhaeghe have more potential than mcgregg, who is behind holland in skill imo.

Why would McKegg have a short leash, and what does that have to do with Verhaeghe?

McKegg was more productive in junior, on a worse team, and is nearly a PPG player in the AHL at 21.

ULF_55

Feb 27, 2002
Mountain Standard Ti
Visit site
Why would McKegg have a short leash, and what does that have to do with Verhaeghe?

McKegg was more productive in junior, on a worse team, and is nearly a PPG player in the AHL at 21.

McKegg done at 21, Abbott is a lock ...

Younger is better unless you have a favorite and then it doesn't matter that he spent 4 years in the NCAA.

goonx

Nov 7, 2010
Petter Granberg should be vying for a spot on our D next year, will be nice to have 2 smart, defensively sound D men on our D next year in Gunnarson and Granberg next year.

With Rielly with another year under his belt. Things should be improving for us. If we can lose Gardiner and Franson on the blueline.

Gardiner? Jake Gardiner? the D who's scored a bunch of clutch goals these few games while our forwards couldn't?

Yes, we didn't win the games he scored goals on but he gave us a chance to come back.

i'm not saying he doesn't have his own deficiencies as well but he's not a piece to just get "rid of"

ChrisCall

Jun 25, 2012
My best guess with Ross is that his heart just isn't in it.
Or not enough to elevate his game to the level of his peers.
At least, it has never looked that way.

For all the problems on the big squad,
my concerns are elated greatly by the farm system.

BertCorbeau

F*ck cancer - RIP Fugu and Buffaloed
Jan 6, 2012
Simcoe County

my concerns are elated grea systemtly by the farm.

Mine too .. I have no idea where people get this idea that the Leafs have a bad prospect pool, the farm team is full of quality heart and soul guys that play with an edge and will make excellent role players in the future if not anything else

Best part is that the Marlies will have an influx of young players coming in from the junior ranks/overseas next season too

Sucks about Ross - he looked like such a gem in junior .. Doesn't seem like he has the drive or work ethic to elevate his game to the pro level

johnny_rudeboy

Mar 20, 2006
Karlstad

my concerns are elated greatly by the farm system.

Ross was a super pest in juniors and played a physical aggressive style. But to play that style as a pro when you dont have the size is very difficult. So my guess is that what worked for him in juniors does not work at the AHL level and will then of course not work at the NHL level.

kilgro

Tank nation
Dec 3, 2007
Toronto
watching Marlies game before my bud gets here for Leafs. Carrick just whooped the opposing centreman in a fight after exchanging a couple crosschecks before the linesman dropped the puck

Northernguy10

May 26, 2013
Timmins Ontario
Sounds like a goal-scorer! Let's call him up so we can put him on a line with Colton Orr and play him 5 minutes a night.
...exactly, and this is just one of my complaints about Carlyle.I thought the blue and white disease was supposed to end with him and players played , or didn't play, based on their merits or lack thereof. A player needs a good stretch at the NHL level to prove whether or not he can cut it.Putting players in the best position for them to succeed is the way to go. Then he either shows he belongs...or he doesn't.

mikebel111*

...exactly, and this is just one of my complaints about Carlyle.I thought the blue and white disease was supposed to end with him and players played , or didn't play, based on their merits or lack thereof. A player needs a good stretch at the NHL level to prove whether or not he can cut it.Putting players in the best position for them to succeed is the way to go. Then he either shows he belongs...or he doesn't.

So much this!
Holland was on 4th line and nonis.told randy to not do that

Randy just isnt smart

BertCorbeau

F*ck cancer - RIP Fugu and Buffaloed
Jan 6, 2012
Simcoe County

Definitely agree, well said

kilgro

Tank nation
Dec 3, 2007
Toronto
Leivo just got in a fight standing up for Abbott after he took a nice check. Leivo with the win

Now Carrick takes on a huge mother ****er. Gotta love him

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad