Tickets: 2013-2014 Individual Game Tickets For Sale IV

Status
Not open for further replies.

patnyrnyg

Sep 16, 2004
As a STH you are responsible for your cancelled stubs. If a victim is aggressive enough you are putting your entire account at risk of cancellation

And, if a STH printed them because he lost them? So, I bring the hard tickets. While eating dinner I realize I can't find them. Get to a staples, bring up my account and print new tickets. Someone finds them on the street. Walks to the garden and sells to an unsuspecting person, dont get how they can pin it on me.

Not buying it. You buy on the street or from craigslist or wherever else, and you are taking a risk. Not sure if they still do, but in the past they have had signs warning about buying from scalpers and even a guy with a megaphone warning people not to buy from scalpers.

Last edited:

mti79

May 11, 2007
And, if a STH printed them because he lost them? So, I bring the hard tickets. While eating dinner I realize I can't find them. Get to a staples, bring up my account and print new tickets. Someone finds them on the street. Walks to the garden and sells to an unsuspecting person, dont get how they can pin it on me.

If you're buying a pair or more you can have somebody stay with the seller while someone else takes a ticket and enters. If it works, you pay the guy. If not, he's called out. I'm pretty sure if you ask someone with fake tickets they wouldn't go for this option.

NYRKING30

Apr 29, 2011
NYC
I have my pair in section 226 row 9 seats 4 and 5. looking for 500 each or best offer. PM me if interested.

lhg39

Manny Malhotra Fan
Dec 28, 2006
NJ
Thanks to the power of Twitter and the threat of going on NYC evening news they have just issued me a full refund. 20 hours of aggravation later, Whew! I cannot tell you how relieved I am.

17futurecap

Oct 8, 2008
NJ
Thanks to the power of Twitter and the threat of going on NYC evening news they have just issued me a full refund. 20 hours of aggravation later, Whew! I cannot tell you how relieved I am.

Good for you, nice job not giving up. :yo:

NYRFAN218

King
May 2, 2007
New York, NY

Glad to hear it was all resolved.

Now what happens with that order? I assume the guy that sold the tix still gets his money so I guess StubHub is on the hook for it right? Unless they just cancel it altogether and he has to relist his tickets.

lhg39

Manny Malhotra Fan
Dec 28, 2006
NJ
Thanks to all of you guys encouraging me I made one last charge to resolve it and it is amazing how well Twitter works. The rep said that I should rip up the tickets and that they were going to "use the we tickets for something else". Maybe a social media giveaway? Who knows.

goalsequalvictory

Apr 28, 2013

YAY! So glad it worked out!

Now, if you still want to go to the game, I'd keep an eye on the market tomorrow. Probably won't be $6 to get in the door, but I'd think you might be able to pull $500 for a pair tomorrow night.

SETHROLLINS

Mar 2, 2011
Glad to hear it was all resolved.

Now what happens with that order? I assume the guy that sold the tix still gets his money so I guess StubHub is on the hook for it right? Unless they just cancel it altogether and he has to relist his tickets.

The seller absolutely still gets paid. He probably doesn't even know about this whole fiasco. Stubhub's Fan Protect Guarantee protects the seller in cases like this. Stubhub will eat cost.

patnyrnyg

Sep 16, 2004
Glad it was resolved, but I will be honest, I was having a hard time feeling bad for you. You were trying to take advantage of an obvious mistake by the seller. Sometimes, when you try to screw someone, you wind up getting screwed yourself. Tickets were listed for ~2% of the next lowest priced ticket? Even if you finished the order before the seller changed the price, you were not going to get the tickets. Just like the guy in Jersey that was on the news last week whining that stubhub canceled his order for real cheap tickets. The buyer AND THE SELLER are their customers and they need to do what they have to do to protect the seller, as well.

GordonGecko

First Ping Pong Ball
Oct 28, 2010
New York City
The seller absolutely still gets paid. He probably doesn't even know about this whole fiasco. Stubhub's Fan Protect Guarantee protects the seller in cases like this. Stubhub will eat cost.

The seller knew exactly what happened. Most likely he made a mistake in the price (although there's a small chance he intentionally baited you), and then he scrambled to change the price by adding digits. When they sold right away he definitely knew someone got unwittingly caught in a price switch. The stubhub system is SUPPOSED to alert you before charging your card if the price has changed but it is BUGGY and UNRELIABLE. I've had it happen to me more than once

lhg39

Manny Malhotra Fan
Dec 28, 2006
NJ
As I said above, I would have completely understood if they cancelled the transaction. I would have even begrudgingly accepted if they were to charge me $440 or so, which was the price of the next lowest listing. However to charge someone $3000 when you think you are spending $20 is just not right.

Again, they ways protect the seller in these cases and I knew that, but I figured maybe this was a really pissed off fan. I did this just after they went down 3-0 in the game last night.

I definitely feel like the seller was baiting, as the price was not increased by a decimal place (or even two or three). He deliberately changed the price from $6.67 to $1421.74. I would have had more understanding if the price went to $667, but as it happened it was just wrong, and the fact that I did not even see the higher price until I pushed the buy button is ridiculous.

I will tell you, though, that I am amazed at the apparent power of Twitter.

qwertyaas

LGR@
Feb 19, 2008
New York
Glad it was resolved, but I will be honest, I was having a hard time feeling bad for you. You were trying to take advantage of an obvious mistake by the seller. Sometimes, when you try to screw someone, you wind up getting screwed yourself. Tickets were listed for ~2% of the next lowest priced ticket? Even if you finished the order before the seller changed the price, you were not going to get the tickets. Just like the guy in Jersey that was on the news last week whining that stubhub canceled his order for real cheap tickets. The buyer AND THE SELLER are their customers and they need to do what they have to do to protect the seller, as well.

So if they can cancel the buyers order if the seller makes a price mistake, the same courtesy should be offered the other way as in the case above.

cjc5103

Jan 21, 2013
Washington DC

WOWOWOWOOW. Been reading this thread all day and so glad that you got refunded! What a roller coaster!

... So you're buying tickets for Game 4 tomorrow though at $450 though right? :sarcasm:

Brooklyn Ranger

Feb 27, 2002
Brooklyn, of course
My mindset on going is that being a life-long Ranger fan in his mid-20's, this is something I'll remember for the rest of my life. What if they never get back? At least I can say I was there.

If the Kings win the Cup, it will be disappointing, but how many can say they saw the two most beautiful trophies in sports be presented? The Conn Smythe, and of course, the Stanley cup.

My grandfather and father said the same thing the night Boston won in 1972--just seeing the Stanley Cup in MSG was thrilling to them.

SETHROLLINS

Mar 2, 2011
The seller knew exactly what happened. Most likely he made a mistake in the price (although there's a small chance he intentionally baited you), and then he scrambled to change the price by adding digits. When they sold right away he definitely knew someone got unwittingly caught in a price switch. The stubhub system is SUPPOSED to alert you before charging your card if the price has changed but it is BUGGY and UNRELIABLE. I've had it happen to me more than once

Stubhub has had some latency issues recently but that's only with this display on the actual map. Whenever I click through to the next screen on my listings I notice price updates have already occurred.

lhg39

Manny Malhotra Fan
Dec 28, 2006
NJ
Stubhub has had some latency issues recently but that's only with this display on the actual map. Whenever I click through to the next screen on my listings I notice price updates have already occurred.

This is what happens on my PC. I will see a low price on the map page, but as soon as I add it to my cart it shows the higher price. On the iphone app there apparently is a longer latency as I swear that when I added the tickets to my cart the total price displayed as $20.02. The increased price on showed as I pressed the buy button and it started to process the ransaction.

lhg39

Manny Malhotra Fan
Dec 28, 2006
NJ
WOWOWOWOOW. Been reading this thread all day and so glad that you got refunded! What a roller coaster!

... So you're buying tickets for Game 4 tomorrow though at $450 though right? :sarcasm:

After all of this stress I barely have the energy to get up to pee!

cloax

Jan 20, 2013
NYC
My season tix seats are available for game 4- section 210, row 13, seats 3+4. Asking $500 each or best offer. Private message me if you're interested.

NYRfan11

Jun 20, 2006
Selling one single for tomorrow's game.

Section 209, Row 15, Seat 19

Looking for $525.

Please call/text 917-400-0840. Thanks Alex.

mrhockey193195

Nov 14, 2006
Denver, CO
Thought I would post here before I took it to the Kings board. I am still confident in this team, and think that we have a shot to take it to seven games. Call me crazy, but I am. If that comes to fruition, I would go to game seven no matter the cost. But I'd much rather not have to pay $1k+ per ticket.

Do you guys think it would be kosher to propose the following to Kings fans with tickets to game seven? I would pay face value for their tickets right now (non-refundable), so if the Rangers don't make it to game seven, they get their refund for their tickets plus they make a profit from me. If the Rangers do make it to game seven, I get their tickets at face value. Kind of a friendly wager on our respective teams. Is this kosher/legal?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad