2013-2014 CHL/NCAA/Euro Prospects thread 5.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

S Bah

Nov 7, 2010
victoria bc
When MB does the heavy lifting and the hard work required to build a perennial contending team I'll give him credit for make smart, long term decisions.

As an example, Chicago has traded away a bunch of wingers, also, but they have gotten back some decent assets for them. Asset management is one of the most important things a team can master and something I'd like to see improved by MB.

When I'm working and people start asking questions, my reply is lessons are extra's, unless they are my apprentice. Read up on why Chicago had to trade their prospects before putting it on the Habs and their GM.please. Tip; Florida and ex Chi. GM Dale Tallon had something to do with their problems not Bergevin.

Frozenice

No Reverse Gear
Jan 1, 2010
When I'm working and people start asking questions, my reply is lessons are extra's, unless they are my apprentice. Read up on why Chicago had to trade their prospects before putting it on the Habs and their GM.please. Tip; Florida and ex Chi. GM Dale Tallon had something to do with their problems not Bergevin.

They won 2 Stanley Cups + they were able to get assets back on their young players and we got 0 Cups and almost nothing back on our young players. Now I feel worse, thanks.

Analyzer*

They won 2 Stanley Cups + they were able to get assets back on their young players and we got 0 Cups and almost nothing back on our young players. Now I feel worse, thanks.

Which young players did we trade/ which ones are you referring to ?

S Bah

Nov 7, 2010
victoria bc

Look back through Chicago's draft history and at their draft position for many years, they built their team over yrs. and the Salary Cap restrictions created a necessity to trade some players. Atlanta benefitted amongst others from that, Bergevin has hardly put the Habs in any position even close to what happened under Gauthier. In two yrs. as GM the Habs have been in the playoffs twice and have improved.

There is no comparison between the jobs both have done, other than being GM's for the Habs, Bergevin has been elected for executive of the year both years, hardly in the same category IMHO.:nod:

Frozenice

No Reverse Gear
Jan 1, 2010
Look back through Chicago's draft history and at their draft position for many years, they built their team over yrs. and the Salary Cap restrictions created a necessity to trade some players. Atlanta benefitted amongst others from that, Bergevin has hardly put the Habs in any position even close to what happened under Gauthier. In two yrs. as GM the Habs have been in the playoffs twice and have improved.

There is no comparison between the jobs both have done, other than being GM's for the Habs, Bergevin has been elected for executive of the year both years, hardly in the same category IMHO.:nod:

If you look at the first 2 years of Gauthier and the first 2 years of MB there are a lot of similarities in terms of dealings and results. One year of losing in the first round and a trip to the final four. Traded 2 2nds for Wiz + Moore and didn't keep either and traded Vanek for a 2nd and Collberg. Both didn't make major changes to the core, dumped a few players, signed a few players, hired a French Canadian coach.

dackelljuneaubulis02

Oct 13, 2012
If you look at the first 2 years of Gauthier and the first 2 years of MB there are a lot of similarities in terms of dealings and results. One year of losing in the first round and a trip to the final four. Traded 2 2nds for Wiz + Moore and didn't keep either and traded Vanek for a 2nd and Collberg. Both didn't make major changes to the core, dumped a few players, signed a few players, hired a French Canadian coach.

wow that's cherrypicking some facts if i've ever seen it. lol.

we're a lot better now with better young players and better prospects

Frozenice

No Reverse Gear
Jan 1, 2010
wow that's cherrypicking some facts if i've ever seen it. lol.

we're a lot better now with better young players and better prospects

Make a list of results, accomplishments and transactions for the first 2 years under Gauthier and the first 2 years under Bergevin. Things went south fairly quickly after that for Gauthier and they can go south just as fast for Bergevin, whether you believe it's possible or not.

We have more prospects and more potential but not much in the way of sure-fire Top 6 forwards and Top 4 d-men (if you take out players who've played in the NHL like Tinordi and Beaulieu).

If S Bah is going to claim that Bergevin is Executive of the Year for 2 years running and Gauthier is dog p**p, that's a major distortion of the facts, especially when almost all of the young players you claim are making us a great young team came to us under the Gainey and Gauthier regime. Unless of course, if you want to drink the team Kool-aid that Bergevin and management team was able to make PK Subban into a serviceable, decent player at the NHL level, lol.

dackelljuneaubulis02

Oct 13, 2012
Make a list of results, accomplishments and transactions for the first 2 years under Gauthier and the first 2 years under Bergevin. Things went south fairly quickly after that for Gauthier and they can go south just as fast for Bergevin, whether you believe it's possible or not.

We have more prospects and more potential but not much in the way of sure-fire Top 6 forwards and Top 4 d-men (if you take out players who've played in the NHL like Tinordi and Beaulieu).

If S Bah is going to claim that Bergevin is Executive of the Year for 2 years running and Gauthier is dog p**p, that's a major distortion of the facts, especially when almost all of the young players you claim are making us a great young team came to us under the Gainey and Gauthier regime. Unless of course, if you want to drink the team Kool-aid that Bergevin and management team was able to make PK Subban into a serviceable, decent player at the NHL level, lol.

You're right. Things can go south quick for almost any team. I'm not going to write off the Bruins yet but I doubt they'd get much better if they stuck with what they have.

I did mention we have better young players as well, not just prospects. The two Gallys. And whether you still count NB and Tinordi as prospects or not they're still nowhere near their potential. Just like Galchenyuk and to a lesser extent Gallagher. Player and prospect wise we're in a way better spot then we were in 2010 ainec.

I think Gauthier made some very good trades. Only the Kaberle trade was bad imo (if you don't attribute the Gomez trade to PG).

D'agostini trade was a wash. O'Byrne trade seems to be a win. Eller trade seems to go back and forth with every Eller slump but I'm still happy with this one so far and I think Eller can still do better. I think Bourque has done almost as well as Cammy did in the playoffs, personally I'd argue he's been better. Both were underwhelming in the regular season but Cammy did better there. Add in a high 2nd rounder from a team that was just about a lock to finish in the bottom 5, I say good trade.

Got very solid returns from Gill and AK.

I still think MB's better and I believe he's really committed to winning. PG got a bad wrap but I think we needed a change regardless.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad