TSN: 2013-14 WJHC selection camp roster(Canada)

May 27, 2012
Earth
http://www.tsn.ca/world_jrs/feature/?id=109271

Goalies

Zachary Fucale
*Jake Paterson

Defence

Chris Bigras
Mathew Dumba
Aaron Ekblad
Josh Morrissey
Adam Pelech
Derrick Pouliot
*Griffin Reinhart
Damon Severson

Forwards

Josh Anderson
*Jonathan Drouin
Frederik Gauthier
Felix Girard
Bo Horvat
*+Charles Hudon
Scott Laughton
Curtis Lazar
Taylor Leier
Anthony Mantha
Connor McDavid
Nicolas Petan
Sam Reinhart
Kerby Rychel
Hunter Shinkaruk

Some questionable decisions. A lot of notables not invited.

tyflames

Jul 4, 2010
Poirier not on the selection roster surprised me since he plays gritty and can score. Nurse not being on it was a surprised but as Abottsford Heat mentioned in another thread, there may have been a reason for it.

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
Title pretty much says it all. Pretty pissed Poirer and even Klimchuk isn't even going to get a look. I can understand Jankowski not making it as he is an college player.

That ****ing ******, Shinkaruk is going, too.

Other than my anger of my homers not making it, it looks like a pretty deadly roster.

http://www.tsn.ca/world_jrs/feature/?id=109271
Klimchuk was hurt in the final game, will he even be ready for camp?

Poirier I think is in the same boat as Darnell Nurse. Good player but due to sometimes being overaggressive could be a liability on the international stage. I knew Thursday before the final game against the Russians that Nurse would not be invited, for the reasons I just stated. IMO Poirier also fits that explanation so I am not upset because I was fortunate enough to be privy to inside info that showed me a bit of the thought process.

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
Poirier not on the selection roster surprised me since he plays gritty and can score. Nurse not being on it was a surprised but as Abottsford Heat mentioned in another thread, there may have been a reason for it.
And in yet another thread I suggested Poirier was left off for similar reasons, he plays a sometimes uncontrolled game that can be a liability on the big ice with European officials. Poirier plays with an edge and sometimes straddles the line here in North America, in the WJC his borderline hits could easily lead to 5 minute majors and possible suspensions.

MarkGio

Nov 6, 2010
The only Flames prospects I'm seeing there are Ekblad and McDavid :sarcasm:

Sean Monahan

JIMMIES ARE RUSTLED
Nov 25, 2011
Murrica
McDavid and Sam will shine together again...this time on the big stage! They were dynamic (on a line with Klimchuk!) at the U18.

Hudon-Drouin-Mantha (worked pretty well in SSS)
Laughton-McDavid-Reinhart (a REALLY skilled line with two dynamic two-way wingers)
Horvat-Petan-Rychel (Petan needs to play center to show his dynamic stuff, all three are two-way players)
Anderson-Gauthier-Lazar (defensive/grind line)
ex. Shinkaruk for powerplays because he's pretty good with that

thank me later when you win the gold TC ;)

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
Gillies and Sieloff.... Team USA.... no nvm. this sucks
Sieloff will not be back in time for the WJC so he will not be going.

The only Flames prospects in the WJC this year will be Gillies and maybe Rafikov

TheHudlinator

Nov 21, 2011
Victoria,BC
It sucks not having Poirier going but I understand the reason to not bring him. There isn't a place for a pest type forward in international tournaments.

tc 23

#GaunceForGM
Dec 11, 2012
Vancouver
I'm disappointed Team Canada didn't give Poirier a look. I was looking forward to watching him as I don't get to watch much of the Q. Having said that, I'm glad to see that Flames fans have the decency to cheer for their own country and not jump ship simply because a prospect wasn't picked for the team. Here's to a good tournament from the boys in red!

Zirakzigil

Global Moderator
Jul 5, 2010
Canada
There are some surprises on that camp roster. Definitely a softer lineup then what has gone in the past.

tyflames

Jul 4, 2010
And in yet another thread I suggested Poirier was left off for similar reasons, he plays a sometimes uncontrolled game that can be a liability on the big ice with European officials. Poirier plays with an edge and sometimes straddles the line here in North America, in the WJC his borderline hits could easily lead to 5 minute majors and possible suspensions.
I know. Reread my post and I mentioned that

SmellOfVictory

Jun 3, 2011
I'm disappointed Team Canada didn't give Poirier a look. I was looking forward to watching him as I don't get to watch much of the Q. Having said that, I'm glad to see that Flames fans have the decency to cheer for their own country and not jump ship simply because a prospect wasn't picked for the team. Here's to a good tournament from the boys in red!

I still hope Gillies wrecks that tournament, but if the US happens to lose to Canada in a one goal gold medal game, I'd be okay with that.

tyflames

Jul 4, 2010
You should see the oilers board. They are in shambles over nurse not being on that team.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad