2013-14 Senators Player Rankings: #1

Lehner

Jul 2, 2009
Ottawa
Who were our best players this season?

We'll include all players that have played at least 20 regular season games for the Sens or were used in prominent roles.

Note: Please take only on-ice production and performance into account.

**Stole this from the Tampa board, thx **

Laoghaire

Jun 1, 2008
Ottawa
I want to go Turris but he had a long stretch where he did absolutely nothing. MacArthur was consistently one of our best players.

Vesa Awesaka

#KeepTheSenate
Jul 4, 2013
MacArthur followed by Turris. People will say karlsson but i was disappointed in his lack of ability defensively and outright laziness some games.

Xspyrit

DJ Dorion
Jun 29, 2008
Montreal, Canada
Question is vague, so people vote for different interpretations, which gives you weak poll results

So what do we want to know? Who is the best player? Who played the best according to expectations? Who was MVP? Who disappointed you the less?

Personally I voted Turris, who was our best player all year even when not recording points. Awesome player

Lenny the Lynx

Sep 20, 2008
ON
Voted Karlsson. I really can't believe how close it is, I guess we can consider that a good thing though.

Caje

Mar 18, 2010
This shouldn't be close, people are basing this on their expectations going into the season. Karlsson played 27:04 minutes a game which was second in the league and more than 6 minutes more than the next highest Senator. His defense wasn't the greatest but his offense easily made up for it.

Yes, Karlsson was a disappointment this year. But a disappointing season from a Norris trophy winner doesn't take away from the fact that he was still way better than anyone else on the team. Turris and Mac surpassed all expectations, but did not contribute as much as Karlsson.

saskriders

Can't Hold Leads
Sep 11, 2010
Calgary
This shouldn't be close, people are basing this on their expectations going into the season. Karlsson played 27:04 minutes a game which was second in the league and more than 6 minutes more than the next highest Senator. His defense wasn't the greatest but his offense easily made up for it.

Yes, Karlsson was a disappointment this year. But a disappointing season from a Norris trophy winner doesn't take away from the fact that he was still way better than anyone else on the team. Turris and Mac surpassed all expectations, but did not contribute as much as Karlsson.

Or maybe people interpret the poll as that

internetdotcom

11 + 15 + 19 = 666
Jun 23, 2009
Capital O
As is apparently the case with most people, I was torn between Turris, Mac, and EK. I went with EK, but they have all been so SO good for us this year. Ryan has been very good overall as well, especially in light of the injury he was playing through.

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
MacArthur followed by Turris. People will say karlsson but i was disappointed in his lack of ability defensively and outright laziness some games.

hes a defenseman who cant play defense so apparently that's when its acceptable...

Turris and macarthur were head and shoulders above anyone else on the team in terms of overall game...
Ill give the edge Turris, center>winger

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad