Injury Report: 2013-14 Injury Thread - Shaw practicing

IU Hawks fan

They call me IU
Dec 30, 2008
NW Burbs
Figured we'd get another catchall injury thread like we had last year. Can a MOD sticky?

Chris Kuc ‏@ChrisKuc 1m
#Blackhawks' Marian Hossa has upper-body injury and won't play in next 4 exhibition games. Team believes he'll be ready for season opener.

Last edited by a moderator:

UsernameWasTaken

Let's Go Hawks!
Feb 11, 2012
Toronto
Mark Lazerus ‏@MarkLazerus 4m
Brandon Pirri skated today but didn't finish the practice. Q said health will be a factor, but that "he's still in the mix." #Blackhawks

This really sucks for Pirri. Of all the times to get injured... :shakehead

This is likely to be chronic for Hossa.

Don't say that... :(

Mark Lazerus ‏@MarkLazerus 10m
Quenneville on Mike Kostka: "He's OK. Didn't skate today. He's better obviously than the other day. We'll say he's day-to-day." #Blackhawks

BobbyJet

watch the game, everything else is noise
Oct 27, 2010
Dundas, Ontario. Can
Rotten luck for Pirri. I reckon his injury could open a spot for LeBlanc to open the season with Hawks. Assuming of course that Q realizes he’s asking too much of Saad to play center at this point in his young career.

Hawkaholic

Dec 19, 2006
London, Ont.
Not good news about Hossa, have a feeling this will linger all season, then hopefully he get's surgery or something to try and rectify it.

But it's still speculation, could be a shoulder or something that was bothering him.

Hawkaholic

Dec 19, 2006
London, Ont.
Rotten luck for Pirri. I reckon his injury could open a spot for LeBlanc to open the season with Hawks. Assuming of course that Q realizes he’s asking too much of Saad to play center at this point in his young career.

The lines today were

Sharp - LeBlanc - Smith

so, maybe LeBlanc has really impressed Q so far. LeBlanc himself said that he is probably not NHL ready yet though, so who knows...Kruger?

(Saad was centreing the 3rd line)

wladyslaw

Aug 19, 2013
I wouldn't play him more than 50 games this year. There's no need for him to be worn down any further in what are really 'meaningless' regular season games.

I have disc issue in back. This is the beginning of the end for 81. He is my favorite Hawk- not trying to be downer- but if it is disc/nerve- it will not go away.
Surgery- option- but no guarantee- and will take time- and never be the Same!:(

IU Hawks fan

They call me IU
Dec 30, 2008
NW Burbs
I have disc issue in back. This is the beginning of the end for 81. He is my favorite Hawk- not trying to be downer- but if it is disc/nerve- it will not go away.
Surgery- option- but no guarantee- and will take time- and never be the Same!:(

1. LTIR him
2. Sign Gaborik for 3-4 years
3. PROFIT

Illinihockey

Jun 15, 2010
I wouldn't play him more than 50 games this year. There's no need for him to be worn down any further in what are really 'meaningless' regular season games.

I agree, he's going to have to be managed the rest of his career. Don't play him on the back ends of back to backs. Let him have nights off. Tim Duncan treatment.

Sevanston

Dec 27, 2009
NYC
If Hossa spends the entire year laying down on LTIR and only comes back in April, I'd still be happy with that.

IU Hawks fan

They call me IU
Dec 30, 2008
NW Burbs
Chicago Blackhawks ‏@NHLBlackhawks 3m
Blackhawks will be without Michael Kostka for 4-6 weeks. Lower body, no surgery. Happened at practice yesterday.

Adrian05

Jul 3, 2011
@ChrisKuc
Blackhawks do not plan on recalling a player to replace defenseman Michael Kostka at this time

Taze em

Apr 20, 2012
I find it interesting that we haven't called anyone up to fill the roster when we sent down Nordstrom AND won't call anyone up after the injury.

I don't know the rules well but could this be indicating an attempt at making a splash at the deadline with more cap space?

Trying to get Rockford some wins?

Kind of interesting to me.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad