Speculation: 2013-14 Hurricanes Trade Talk Part 3

cptjeff

Reprehensible User
Sep 18, 2008
Washington, DC.
Chris Johnston ‏@reporterchris 47s
If the #habs fail to make the playoffs, there are no picks involved in the Vanek trade. Would just be Vanek for Collberg.

This gets better and better.

tomdundo

Sep 11, 2011
Raleigh
Chris Johnston ‏@reporterchris 47s
If the #habs fail to make the playoffs, there are no picks involved in the Vanek trade. Would just be Vanek for Collberg.

This gets better and better.

EDIT: This is correct, Staple had it wrong.

Boom Boom Apathy

I am the Professor. Deal with it!
Sep 6, 2006
After seeing what some of these goalies are going for, it's pretty evident there was no market for Peters.

Carolinas Identity*

I'm a bad troll...
Jun 18, 2011
Calgary, AB
Gillis looks defeated.

And he really needs to shave, that's f***ing gross.

Reminds me of the my buddies here in Calgary, who during the 2004 cup run, shaved their faces and only grew facial hair on their necks. Makes me glad I didn't know them then :laugh:

cptjeff

Reprehensible User
Sep 18, 2008
Washington, DC.
Oh my, Gillis, what is on your face?

Just to provide some context for people with no reference for this comment:

hqdefault.jpg

Blueline Bomber

AI Generated Minnesota Wild
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2007
Conor McKenna ‏@mckennaconor · 9m
Luongo agent Pat Brisson tells TSN 1050 that if his client had played in Heritage Classic, he'd likely still be a Canuck.

Man, talk about handling a situation badly.

Boom Boom Apathy

Sep 6, 2006
Man, talk about handling a situation badly.

Wait, how did they handle it badly? I thought if a player wants a trade because of something petty like this, he is a classless baby and needs to grow up (main board comments re: St. Louis, not people on this board).

Blueline Bomber

Sponsor
Oct 31, 2007
Wait, how did they handle it badly? I thought if a player wants a trade because of something petty like this, he is a classless baby and needs to grow up (main board comments, not people on this board).

Just my opinion, but I see it as two different situations. Luongo asked for a trade last year, didn't get it, but saw the issue resolved when the Canucks moved Schneider. But then Lack showed up and essentially reignited the situation again. Meanwhile, the whole thing could have been resolved last year if they had simply moved Luongo then.

St. Louis only asked for a trade after being left off the Canadian team initially (an issue that was almost immediately resolved). But I can see where he's coming from as well. Hard to trust a GM or the organization after something like that. About the only issue I had with that entire situation is to demand a trade, then refuse to waive the NTC to anyone but one team. Didn't like it when Nash didn't, don't like it when St. Louis did it.

Blueline Bomber

Sponsor
Oct 31, 2007
Ben Kuzma ‏@benkuzma · 1h
Replacement Kesler centre, top prospect and first-round pick was #Canucks' line in the sand for Gillis.

Probably about the right price for Kesler, but I can see why he didn't get any takers.

Boom Boom Apathy

Sep 6, 2006
Still, going by that text, it sounds like he is saying if he played in that 1 game, he'd still be a Canuck. That's not that different of a situation. What you are saying is that other things led up to that point which may be true, but you (and I) have no idea if there were other things behind the scenes that led up to St. Louis asking for a trade either.

And re: the NTC. Luongo's NTC allowed him to list 5 teams that he'd go to. He could easily do that in way where Florida (where it was rumored he wanted to go last year) was the only real option. Again, not that different.

Honestly though, I don't look poorly upon either guy. It's within their right to ask for a trade, as is not waiving their NTC. If the team didn't want to have a player exercise their NTC, then they shouldn't have given it to them.

Blueline Bomber

Sponsor
Oct 31, 2007
Someone no one is talking about is Buffalo.

Lost Vanek, Miller, Ott, McNabb, McCormick, Moulson, Halak, two 2nd rounder and a 3rd rounder.

Gained Fasching, Conacher, Deslauriers, Mitchell, Stewart, Carrier, Neuvirth, Klesla, two 1st rounders, three 2nd rounders and a 3rd (which could become a 1st).

DougieSmash

WE'RE IN! WE'RE IN! YES! YES! WOO!
Jan 2, 2009
Buffalo future: winner. I hate to say it, hope they screw it legendary somehow.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad