Prospect Info: 2013-14 Colorado Avalanche Prospects Thread II

Status
Not open for further replies.

R S

Sep 18, 2006
Surprised Roy wouldn't help give one of his good QMJHL buddies a nice upgrade as an AHL head coach in Lake Erie...at least he hasn't yet.

Gigantor The Goalie

Speak for the Goalies
Feb 4, 2012
New London
Surprised Roy wouldn't help give one of his good QMJHL buddies a nice upgrade as an AHL head coach in Lake Erie...at least he hasn't yet.

There's a chance that the coaches he wants in the AHL don't want to leave their homes and Q teams to coach in the AHL.

R S

Sep 18, 2006
There's a chance that the coaches he wants in the AHL don't want to leave their homes and Q teams to coach in the AHL.

Possibly, but not likely.

Coaches are like players, most of them are in it to get to the next level, be challenged, prove themselves and become an NHL coach one day.

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
I'm sure I could just troll the prospects board but I'll ask here, why didn't Winnipeg sign Sutter? 39th overall is a surprise.

- Never really improved since his draft year.
- Stagnated in development.
- Realistically debatable that he actually regressed.

Always had the best upside for a solid 3rd line grinder like Talbot, but considering all the things I mentioned above, Jets probably thought it wasn't worth signing a forward who is looking more like a gritty two-way AHLer. With all that said, he is reentering the draft and someone who I wouldn't mind picking in the later rounds. And if he's not worth a top 7 selection, someone I would easily invite to a prospect camp and perhaps even the main training camp.

Ivan13

Not posting anymore
May 3, 2011
Zagreb, Croatia
I'm really disappointed with Lukas's development, I wanted us to draft him back then, but his career really took a nose-dive since then.

R S

Sep 18, 2006
Sutter had a killer draft year, but was still drafted 2 rounds higher than he should have been. I had him as a 4th rounder in his draft year, but figured he would go higher than that.

In the end, he never lived up to the hype of being a high pick, never developed the parts of his game that needed work and also had some injury problems.

Lonewolfe2015

Rom Com Male Lead
Sponsor
Dec 2, 2007
So we lost Clarke and Blandisi's rights, correct? I think they re-enter the draft now at least... Young, Condon and Moffatt we have a bit longer I believe.

Lonewolfe2015

Rom Com Male Lead
Sponsor
Dec 2, 2007
So I can't check from my phone, but apparently I have a connection to Chynoweth on LinkedIn and his profile lists him as GM/Head Coach of Swift Current (both profiles...he's one of them). I'm pretty sure he just never updated it, but still thought I'd share.

Woops, not the LEM thread. Feel free to move...

not a troll

Oct 24, 2012
If Bourke isn't coming back then that means Harkins will have to find someone else to drive him to the rink now.

R S

Sep 18, 2006
He signed a pro contract, of course he's not going back to the WHL.... How does anyone use that as the basis of an article?

tigervixxxen

Optimism=Delusional
Jul 7, 2013
Denver
burgundy-review.com
I know, I know. I thought that was a bit off myself. I think that community is going to have a tough time letting him go. Though, didn't Heard get sent back for part of his overage year? Not that that's going to happen to Bourke.

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003
I'm sure it's just an oversight, but I just noticed Cameron Gaunce is still listed in the Colorado Avalanche Prospects ticker above, even though he was traded over a year ago. Somebody might want to update that.

Cousin Eddie

You Serious Clark?
Nov 3, 2006
I'm sure it's just an oversight, but I just noticed Cameron Gaunce is still listed in the Colorado Avalanche Prospects ticker above, even though he was traded over a year ago. Somebody might want to update that.

Gaunce is currently playing in the AHL finals for Texas and is playing very well!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad