OT: 2012 Redskins Thread IV (Playoffs?!?! Edition)

Status
Not open for further replies.

RandyHolt

Keep truckin'
Nov 3, 2006
Cousins may fetch a low first but with RGIII's injury history, Cousins may be worth more than that to us, at least for the next year or 2.

We should be able to get an upgraded vet QB to be our 2 in 2014 though.

Does any fan really want Rex to be on the field? Emergency services only, and any QB can do that. I now want a guy that can run the read option being groomed over an old vet taking a spot as a 3/clipboard guy. Do we even want him as a mentor?

I know its a long shot but what about White on game day taking over Banks role in our gimmick option offense. Two highly mobile guys that can throw should cause fits for DC's.

tycoonheart

Apr 7, 2010
Granted it's the preseason and Rambo has been mentioned a couple times in a not so flattering way, but how did the secondary look?

A wily, veteran Sean Taylor would be such a godsend for this team. Sigh.

Secondary I thought looked pretty good in coverage but didn't good in run support. I guess to be expected since we trotted out all rookies back there.

Amerson looks like he can play. He had good coverage most nice. Whiffed on one tackle.

Minnifield looked decent. Crawford had a good night.

Disappointed in Rambo though 'coz word out of TC was that he had been impressing. Perhaps I expected too much.

Haslett's scheme is still questionable, IMO.

Cush

Dec 1, 2002
Northern Virginia
Yeah, I don't miss Danny Smith as the ST coach. Landy Jones' first play results in a safety. Simple handoff to the back and they run into each other on the goal line

Jacoby4HOF66

Pull my finger
Mar 13, 2009
Just listened to bits and pieces of Griffins press conference today. WTF? This kid needs to grow up. Talking about marking his territory, he doesn't fully understand or afree with the plan to ease him back to game action and giving Shanahan an ultimatum to play him week 1 or else. What a Diva.

The Griffin bloom is off the rose for me. Griffin needs to stop putting himself above the team, grow up, shut up and just ****ing play.

strungout

Professional Killer
Jul 1, 2002
North Carolina
I dont see the big deal.

Dude wants to play. Nothing wrong with that. He's asked all these stupid ****ing questions about it...and just wants to go out there and get to it.

BrooklynCapsFan

No more choking!
Oct 23, 2002
Brooklyn, New York
Just listened to bits and pieces of Griffins press conference today. WTF? This kid needs to grow up. Talking about marking his territory, he doesn't fully understand or afree with the plan to ease him back to game action and giving Shanahan an ultimatum to play him week 1 or else. What a Diva.

The Griffin bloom is off the rose for me. Griffin needs to stop putting himself above the team, grow up, shut up and just ****ing play.

Who cares?

If he throws touchdowns and runs the offense and wins games, who cares? He's just a jock. Nothing he says matters.

Jacoby4HOF66

Pull my finger
Mar 13, 2009
Whats the big deal? The face of the franchise actively calling out his HC via the media in order to put pressure on the HC to play him is a huge deal, IMO. And listening to the radio it would appear I am not alone.

Another big deal is that is the same bull **** Griffin pulled prior to and after the Cleveland win. Griffin used the media to proclaim his fitness to play when it was clear Griffin should of sat out 1 to 2 more games after the Cleveland win. As a result, Griffin goes into the Seahawks playoff game at nothing near 100% and gets hurt again. Then Griffin spends the majority of the offseason hinting at the fact that he is not happy how Shanahan handled his injuries last year.

There is a pattern of behavior emerging. Anything and everything out of Griffin's mouth is about what benefits Griffin. The team as a whole is a distant second. Using the media to apply pressure on the coaches to play him before they want to and keeping his injury away from his HC during a playoff game is a selfish move, a childish move.

The icing on the cake for me is before and after surgery questions on how to handle Griffins rehab emerged. It was said an agreement was reached that the Skins would be cautious with Griffin's recovery, that lessons were learned from the end of last year. That everyone was on the same page, that whats best for Griffin would be done. Now we have Griffin questioning the recovery process he was supposedly on board with months ago. Claiming that he doesn't understand the process completely, that he doesn't understand why how he feels/looks is not factored into a predetermined recovery process. Its complete bull ****.

The way Griffin is going I can see one of two things happening. Griffin forces his way out of DC, or Griffin gets LiL Danny to fire Shanahan. As the old saying goes, if something is to good to be true, it usually is.

Edit:

It was just announced on 980 that a complete replay of Griffin's presser will be on at 3:15.

http://espn.go.com/espnradio/affPopup?s=wtem-am

Last edited:

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
I'm not happy with RG3's attempt to pressure Shanny via the media either. That's no bueno.

Look guy, you were supposedly allowed to make your own calls about health and playing and such, and the result was a ruined knee. It's the organization's turn to make those decisions now.

Jacoby4HOF66

Pull my finger
Mar 13, 2009
Shanahan slammed the door on Griffin in an appropriate way in his own press conference today in regards to Griffin playing the pre-season. And Griffin goes to twitter shortly after to say there is no friction between the two.

As I said before, the kid needs to grow up. I understand he likes to talk to the media, but he doesn't need to answer every question he is asked. That experience will come with age. The Skins could stand to get a PR person to work with the kid in the mean time.

usiel

Where wolf’s ears are, wolf’s teeth are near.
Sponsor
Jul 29, 2002
Klendathu
www.myspace.com
Shanahan slammed the door on Griffin in an appropriate way in his own press conference today in regards to Griffin playing the pre-season. And Griffin goes to twitter shortly after to say there is no friction between the two.

As I said before, the kid needs to grow up. I understand he likes to talk to the media, but he doesn't need to answer every question he is asked. That experience will come with age. The Skins could stand to get a PR person to work with the kid in the mean time.

Seems like much to do about nothing, IMO.

CapitalsCupReality

It’s Go Time!!
Feb 27, 2002

While I agree he's got some maturing to do, it's not like this should alter your view of the team's young star QB. He wants to play badly and he's pushing Shanny over it. I like that he's this driven. I don't like the way he phrases things to the press sometimes, but it could be a lot worse.

CapitalsCupReality

It’s Go Time!!
Feb 27, 2002
Whats the big deal? The face of the franchise actively calling out his HC via the media in order to put pressure on the HC to play him is a huge deal, IMO. And listening to the radio it would appear I am not alone.

Another big deal is that is the same bull **** Griffin pulled prior to and after the Cleveland win. Griffin used the media to proclaim his fitness to play when it was clear Griffin should of sat out 1 to 2 more games after the Cleveland win. As a result, Griffin goes into the Seahawks playoff game at nothing near 100% and gets hurt again. Then Griffin spends the majority of the offseason hinting at the fact that he is not happy how Shanahan handled his injuries last year.

There is a pattern of behavior emerging. Anything and everything out of Griffin's mouth is about what benefits Griffin. The team as a whole is a distant second. Using the media to apply pressure on the coaches to play him before they want to and keeping his injury away from his HC during a playoff game is a selfish move, a childish move.

The icing on the cake for me is before and after surgery questions on how to handle Griffins rehab emerged. It was said an agreement was reached that the Skins would be cautious with Griffin's recovery, that lessons were learned from the end of last year. That everyone was on the same page, that whats best for Griffin would be done. Now we have Griffin questioning the recovery process he was supposedly on board with months ago. Claiming that he doesn't understand the process completely, that he doesn't understand why how he feels/looks is not factored into a predetermined recovery process. Its complete bull ****.

The way Griffin is going I can see one of two things happening. Griffin forces his way out of DC, or Griffin gets LiL Danny to fire Shanahan. As the old saying goes, if something is to good to be true, it usually is.

Edit:

It was just announced on 980 that a complete replay of Griffin's presser will be on at 3:15.

http://espn.go.com/espnradio/affPopup?s=wtem-am

You don't really think that Shanny is going to cave to pressure from the Press do you??!!?

I think this is much less an attempt to pressure Shanny and more of Griffin needing a little more of a filter on his eagerness and his mouth. I have yet to see anything from Griffin to indicate he cares more about himself than the team. I think the issue is he truly believes the team is better off with him at 75% than without him.

CapitalsCupReality

It’s Go Time!!
Feb 27, 2002
I'm not happy with RG3's attempt to pressure Shanny via the media either. That's no bueno.

Look guy, you were supposedly allowed to make your own calls about health and playing and such, and the result was a ruined knee. It's the organization's turn to make those decisions now.

Except that the organization blew it too (last time) which resulted in a ruined knee. This is a case of Shanny needing to play Dad and do what's right for the team and RG3. He didn't do that last time around and it cost us Griffin and a playoff game. Hopefully they've all learned.

Jacoby4HOF66

Pull my finger
Mar 13, 2009
You don't really think that Shanny is going to cave to pressure from the Press do you??!!?

Shanahan wouldn't cave, but LiL Danny would.

LiL Danny's personal dinners with Griffin are more valuable than a winning team. If Griffin said "its him or me or no more going out to dinner together" LiL Danny would drop Shanahan in a heart beat.

That's what I fear.

And now we have a "set the record straight" press conference, followed by one of the most akward Shanahan news conferences I have ever heard. Painfull. Add Jason Whitlock, and its officially a circus.

CapitalsCupReality

It’s Go Time!!
Feb 27, 2002
Seems like an overreaction to me. Will be nice when RG3 learns what questions are just sinkholes into controversy and avoids them altogether.

Now we're hearing his words were "twisted".....

RandyHolt

Keep truckin'
Nov 3, 2006
I fully expect a 22 year old male to screw up at the podium. Anyone who is not a professional speaker will screw up. Who cares. He is not god.

The modern media makes everything a blowup. Every pass of RGIIIs in practice is being reported, and every single thing he says is heard by millions of people. There is simply no better news and every reports the same thing, so its a big to do over really what is free speech. If I were a pro athlete I don't think I would be able to resist feeding the media false info. Walk with a limp for a few steps and see if its on twitter. Fack with them.

Bah.

Vegas O/U on Merriweather GP... is 1.5. I am taking the under. Jackson is probably holed up in a crack house. Rambo is going to be lost at times. Thomas is out. Gomes gets injured often but is super man compared to Merriweather.

SS Reed did great vs Russel Wilson. His best game ever. He will be in the mix at SS. Behind him, its Slim Pickens

I am intrigued by the idea of Ball Halwk Hall to FS. SSDD, I used to say the same about Springs. We are stronger at corner. I am excited about Minnie and Amerson. Biggers is no slouch and can help. Wilson is in the mix. Crawford has always looked good to me.

Ridley Simon

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
Marin County — SF Bay Area, CA
You know who I can't stand? More than Tyler f'ing Sloan?

Jason Whitlock.

What a piece of garbage that dude is.

I think its good that someone other than the Washington Media is commenting on it. These are strong words, and maybe are what RG3 needs to see happens, when he talks like he did.

But lets not get ahead of ourselves. RG3 is *not* Johny Manziel here (even though they are only 2.5 years apart in age), so we need to temper our concerns.

All the *great* athletes have some sort of issues due to ego. RG3 will be no different. Its not about these episodes to me, but how things change after them. If we get another RG3 compaint in a few weeks about not playing, then I will be concerned.

Until then, this is just part of the maturation process of a great athlete

BrooklynCapsFan

No more choking!
Oct 23, 2002
Brooklyn, New York
The one thing I really don't understand is what in the world Donovan McNabb has to do with anything. Shouldn't he be bothering the Eagles?

Also, Jason Whitlock is a piece of crap.

ChibiPooky

Yay hockey!
May 25, 2011
Fairfax, VA
I fully expect a 22 year old male to screw up at the podium. Anyone who is not a professional speaker will screw up. Who cares. He is not god.

The modern media makes everything a blowup. Every pass of RGIIIs in practice is being reported, and every single thing he says is heard by millions of people. There is simply no better news and every reports the same thing, so its a big to do over really what is free speech. If I were a pro athlete I don't think I would be able to resist feeding the media false info. Walk with a limp for a few steps and see if its on twitter. Fack with them.

Bah.

Vegas O/U on Merriweather GP... is 1.5. I am taking the under. Jackson is probably holed up in a crack house. Rambo is going to be lost at times. Thomas is out. Gomes gets injured often but is super man compared to Merriweather.

SS Reed did great vs Russel Wilson. His best game ever. He will be in the mix at SS. Behind him, its Slim Pickens

I am intrigued by the idea of Ball Halwk Hall to FS. SSDD, I used to say the same about Springs. We are stronger at corner. I am excited about Minnie and Amerson. Biggers is no slouch and can help. Wilson is in the mix. Crawford has always looked good to me.

Is that Chase Minnifield? How does he look? I always thought he'd do better than his draft position.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad