**** 2012 Entry Draft Thread ****

Ohio Jones

Game on...
Feb 28, 2002
Great White North
Another list to keep track of, if it's not here already somewhere:

Players on scouting reports who've been drafted in the HFNHL already. Starting with...

- Seth Griffith (London, OHL) drafted by Florida in 2011
- Jim Vesey (South Shore, EJHL) drafted by Calgary in 2011
- Michael Houser (London, OHL) drafted by St. Louis in 2011
- Andrei Makarov (Saskatoon, WHL) drafted by Dallas in 2011
- Zakhar Arazmatsev (Novokuznetsk, RUS) drafted by St. Louis in 2011
- Matej Machovsky (Brampton, OHL) drafted by New Jersey in 2011
- Nikita Gusev (CSKA, RUS) drafted by Tampa Bay in 2010
- Jeremy Boyce-Rotevall (Timra, SWE) drafted by Vancouver in 2011
- Daniel Gunnarsson (Lulea, SWE) drafted by Nashville in 2010

Last edited:

Ville Isopaa

Feb 27, 2002
Helsinki, Finland
Visit site
If someone is looking for picks I might be willing to trade out of the first day. I have COL2, FLA2 and WSH3. Those are picks number 43, 54(or is it 55?) and 64. I'm looking to get 2013-picks in return.

MatthewFlames

Jul 21, 2003
'Murica
The Flames are looking to bundle some picks to move up wherever they can. If anyone is looking to add picks in this draft they can find me.

CAR 3, PHI 3, CGY 4, CBJ 4, CGY 5, FLA 5, NJD 5, SAN 5, CHI 5, CAR 6, PHI 6, CGY 6, WAS 6, VAN 6, TOR 7

MatthewFlames

Jul 21, 2003
'Murica
http://www.hfnhl.com/draft/index.html

Rounds 1-3 of the 2012 HFNHL Entry Draft will be held LIVE on Saturday, June 16th at 10:00 AM EDT (GMT -5:00).

Here is the preliminary draft order (by original team) so far.

1: Tampa Bay
2: San Jose
3: New Jersey
4: Washington
5: Minnesota
6: New York Rangers
7: Winnipeg
8: Edmonton
9: Pittsburgh
10: Phoenix
11: Toronto
12: Calgary
13: Colorado
14: Dallas
15: Boston
16: New York Islanders
17: Detroit
18: St. Louis
19: Chicago
20: Buffalo
21: Columbus
22: Vancouver
23: Philadelphia
24: Ottawa
25: Florida
26: Anaheim
27: Montreal
28: Nashville
29: Carolina or LA
30: Carolina or LA

FIRST ROUND

1: New York Islanders (from San Jose) ** Lottery winners **
2: Tampa Bay
3: New Jersey
4: Pittsburgh (from Washington)
5: Philadelphia (from Minnesota)
6: New York Rangers
7: Winnipeg
8: Edmonton
9: Pittsburgh
10: Phoenix
11: San Jose (from Toronto)
12: Pittsburgh (from Calgary)
13: San Jose (from Colorado)
14: Dallas
15: Boston
16: NYI
17: Montreal (from Detroit)
18: St. Louis
19: Chicago
20: Buffalo
21: Tampa Bay (from Columbus)
22: Tampa Bay (from Vancouver)
23: Winnipeg (from Philadelphia)
24: Ottawa
25: Florida
26: Anaheim
27: New Jersey (from Montreal)
28: Nashville
29: Winnipeg (from Carolina) or Los Angeles
30: Winnipeg (from Carolina) or Los Angeles

MatthewFlames

Jul 21, 2003
'Murica
The Flames are looking for a draft pick in the 30-50 range. I have a trio of 3rd rounders and willing to part with my 2nd next year - plus a ton of later picks. But basically if you see something you want off my roster make me an offer

Wildman

Feb 28, 2002
Toronto
NYI are willing to move down from 16th pick. I am also looking to add couple of more 3rd rounds and willing to trade SJ 2013 and Win 2013 picks.

Brock

Feb 27, 2002
The GTA
ohlprospects.blogspot.com
Guys,

I will be running the entire draft this year. Our great Commish is having some health issues (the head again) so his participation will be limited.

If you plan on missing the draft, send me an email to let me know. Also send me a draft list with instructions, or give them to another GM. Make sure your ass is covered for Saturday.

CoyotesHFNHL

May 30, 2010
Hey guys, We're pretty open to any moves first day or beyond. Feel free to e-mail the hfnhlcoyotes hotmail account or send me a bbm for those that have it. We're willing to move in either direction. We currently have picks 10, 40, 70, 75, 98, 124, 130, 160, 190. We would also be willing to consider moving some of our already drafted players for those who are uninterested in this year's draft or who like one of the names that come up. I'm approaching this as first come first serve if I like the offer. We would also be willing to move a pick or two in 2012 for 2013 Draft picks to spread out the wealth. I'll name off a few already drafted prospects off the top of my head we'd be willing to move either due to depth at a position or they may be questionable in our future and someone we may be willing to give up for a pick in the 2012 or 2013 draft: Joey Leach, Michael Caruso, Ryan O'Connor, Andrew Yogan, Anthony Nigro, Byron Froese, David Toews, James Livingston, Kent Simpson, Luke Lockhart, Richard Clune, Dale Mitchell, Xavier Ouellet, Andreas Thuresson, Christian Hanson, Tony DeHart. Anyone is available for the right price, feel free to make an offer on those or any others you might be interested in and I'll give it a look.

Fooladelfia

Nov 11, 2007
Hey guys, We're pretty open to any moves first day or beyond. Feel free to e-mail the hfnhlcoyotes hotmail account or send me a bbm for those that have it. We're willing to move in either direction. We currently have picks 10, 40, 70, 75, 98, 124, 130, 160, 190. We would also be willing to consider moving some of our already drafted players for those who are uninterested in this year's draft or who like one of the names that come up. I'm approaching this as first come first serve if I like the offer. We would also be willing to move a pick or two in 2012 for 2013 Draft picks to spread out the wealth. I'll name off a few already drafted prospects off the top of my head we'd be willing to move either due to depth at a position or they may be questionable in our future and someone we may be willing to give up for a pick in the 2012 or 2013 draft: Joey Leach, Michael Caruso, Ryan O'Connor, Andrew Yogan, Anthony Nigro, Byron Froese, David Toews, James Livingston, Kent Simpson, Luke Lockhart, Richard Clune, Dale Mitchell, Xavier Ouellet, Andreas Thuresson, Christian Hanson, Tony DeHart. Anyone is available for the right price, feel free to make an offer on those or any others you might be interested in and I'll give it a look.

Hodgson
Brassard
but not my 5th overall ;)

Ohio Jones

Game on...
Feb 28, 2002
Great White North
Guys,

I will be running the entire draft this year. Our great Commish is having some health issues (the head again) so his participation will be limited.

If you plan on missing the draft, send me an email to let me know. Also send me a draft list with instructions, or give them to another GM. Make sure your ass is covered for Saturday.

Thanks for stepping forward once again, Brock, especially presiding over what promises to be a thoroughly unexciting draft class.

Our best wishes to ol' jello head Gledhill as well - that sucks truly, madly, deeply. :(

Fooladelfia

Nov 11, 2007
Thanks for stepping forward once again, Brock, especially presiding over what promises to be a thoroughly unexciting draft class.

Our best wishes to ol' jello head Gledhill as well - that sucks truly, madly, deeply. :(

Matt will comeback stronger. recover Matt and we will trade like crazy.

Ohio Jones

Game on...
Feb 28, 2002
Great White North
http://www.hfnhl.com/chat.html

Last minute trading and general draft chat. Doesn't run on my current version of Firefox for Mac, but runs just fine in Google Chrome.

EDIT: Actually, scratch that. Can't get it to run in any browser - Google Chrome it opens but I can't type to log in. I get missing plugin (no plugin available) form Firefox, and Safari just sits there with a link to Java's software page, but no content. Which reminds me, didn't we end up using a different chat tool last time around? I can't remember who set it up... Ryan? Sean? :dunno: Do we have a link to that somewhere?

Last edited:

MatthewFlames

Jul 21, 2003
'Murica
http://www.hfnhl.com/chat.html

Last minute trading and general draft chat. Doesn't run on my current version of Firefox for Mac, but runs just fine in Google Chrome.

EDIT: Actually, scratch that. Can't get it to run in any browser - Google Chrome it opens but I can't type to log in. I get missing plugin (no plugin available) form Firefox, and Safari just sits there with a link to Java's software page, but no content. Which reminds me, didn't we end up using a different chat tool last time around? I can't remember who set it up... Ryan? Sean? :dunno: Do we have a link to that somewhere?

In Safari I had to re-activate the plug-in and restart my browser - it works fine now. Tony set it up I believe.

EDIT: I "right" clicked on the inactive plug in message. Or Command click for Mac users

Dr.Sens(e)

Feb 27, 2002
Ottawa
Visit site
The Blues have the 15th, 33rd, 43rd, 63rd and 65th overall picks.

One possible scenario for the Blues is there may be interest in moving up into the late 1st round by packaging the 33rd overall pick and another pick (or something else) if a team in the 22-30 range is interested in moving back a bit and getting another valuable pick or piece in excahnge for dropping 5-10 spots.

For teams in that range, let me know in advance so we can discuss a scenario whereby we might do a deal.

I also might trade back from any one of those picks, depending how the board looks, so feel free to reach out to discuss that scenario as well.

Dempsey

Mark it zero
Mar 1, 2002
Ladner, BC
Ya, I would definitely recommend everyone try out the chat room now and get it working on your computers so that there are no technical surprises in the morning on Saturday.

I just had to manually install Java to get it working on firefox.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad