Prospect Info: 2012-2013 Rangers Prospects Thread (Player Stats in Post #1; Updated 5/9) *Part III*

Status
Not open for further replies.

BroadwayStorm

Aug 2, 2005
New York City
To my Swedish friends with huge familiarity with the Sel and how players translate from it to the NHL. First off let me say I envy you because you get to run into the hottest women in the world all the time. But anyway what I really want to know is if Jesper is the offensive diva we have all been hoping for and dreaming of since Zetterberg and Datsyuk did it for the Wings all the way from the lower rounds? Detailed responses would be appreciated.

Brooklyn Rangers Fan

Change is good.
Aug 23, 2005
Brooklyn & Upstate
Okay, this has been bugging me for weeks, so I'm going to get it off my chest: I for one don't want an offensive "DIVA".

The official definition of a diva is:
a distinguished female singer; prima donna.
http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/diva

The slang definition of a diva is:
a *****y woman that must have her way exactly, or no way at all. often rude and belittles people, believes that everyone is beneath her and thinks that she is so much more loved than what she really is. selfish, spoiled, and overly dramatic.
http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=diva

Now, an offensive dynamo? Yes. An offensive phenom? Yes. An offensive natural? Yes. An offensive diamond in the rough? Yes.

Diva? No. :)

Last edited:

Joey Bones

***** 2k16
Jul 27, 2012
Nowhere
Okay, this has been bugging me for weeks, so I'm going to get it off my chest: I for one don't want an offensive "DIVA".

Now, an offensive dynamo? Yes. An offensive phenom? Yes. An offensive natural? Yes. An offensive diamond in the rough? Yes.

^
^
I wish there was a like button on HF.

JohnC

Jan 26, 2013
New York

So happy someone said it! When I hear diva, I think of like a spoiled primma donna

Ola

Apr 10, 2004
Sweden
To my Swedish friends with huge familiarity with the Sel and how players translate from it to the NHL. First off let me say I envy you because you get to run into the hottest women in the world all the time. But anyway what I really want to know is if Jesper is the offensive diva we have all been hoping for and dreaming of since Zetterberg and Datsyuk did it for the Wings all the way from the lower rounds? Detailed responses would be appreciated.

He isn't! ;)

I am not sure if I want to take poision on it, but best case -- more or less (could potentially be more I guess, but that's a real long shot) -- is in the lines of Filpulla/Hagelin/Callahan for Jesper Fasth.

I figure absolut best case for Oscar Lindbergh is say Travis Zajac, and now we are definitely talking the highest end of potential a lá John LeClair. Comparing OL with Zajac is like comparing Christian Thomas with Brian Gionta, if you get what I mean.

I think Fasth is more likely to become a high end player, in the form of a very good 2nd-3rd line winger (and nowadays that means you definitely is an ok option to fill out on a 1st).

So happy someone said it! When I hear diva, I think of like a spoiled primma donna

The term is thrown around alot with Soccer players, in a negative sense.

BroadwayStorm

Aug 2, 2005
New York City
I use Diva as this glorified huge offensive threat that probably doesn't play a lot of defense but is dangerous and puts the puck in the net a lot. Examples of offensive Divas include Pavel Pure, Jagr, Sidney Crosby and guys of that ilk. Gaborik is a good example when they let him play his style. Basically Dynamo. I forgot to use that term.

NYR Viper

Sep 9, 2007
Jacksonville, FL
I use Diva as this glorified huge offensive threat that probably doesn't play a lot of defense but is dangerous and puts the puck in the net a lot. Examples of offensive Divas include Pavel Pure, Jagr, Sidney Crosby and guys of that ilk. Gaborik is a good example when they let him play his style.

Fasth and Lindberg are not bad defensively. So no, neither of them will be pure offense and defensive liabilities.

They are both 2-way players.

iamitter

Thornton's Hen
May 19, 2011
NYC
I use Diva as this glorified huge offensive threat that probably doesn't play a lot of defense but is dangerous and puts the puck in the net a lot. Examples of offensive Divas include Pavel Pure, Jagr, Sidney Crosby and guys of that ilk. Gaborik is a good example when they let him play his style. Basically Dynamo. I forgot to use that term.

Crosby's a two-way guy.

BBKers

Jan 9, 2006
Bialystok, Poland
Fasth and Lindberg are not bad defensively. So no, neither of them will be pure offense and defensive liabilities.

They are both 2-way players.

To be totally honest, I do not see Fast as a Torts guy. At all. Lindberg moreso though.

I guess they could be taught to suck on the PP, block shots, dump the puck in at every given opportunity, switch lines aimlessly throughout every game + period of the year and play an acceptable NHL defense - but they will never become elite board grinders in the NHL. Not enough JAM there...

iamitter

Thornton's Hen
May 19, 2011
NYC
Not that there is anything wrong with that.

I know. But he called him an offensive diva and his definition of that was "I use Diva as this glorified huge offensive threat that probably doesn't play a lot of defense but is dangerous and puts the puck in the net a lot." That doesn't really fit Crosby.

Beacon

Embrace the tank
May 28, 2007
Lindberg's team up 2-0 in the first, but he has no points. He was called for a penalty.

BroadwayStorm

Aug 2, 2005
New York City
How much longer will we have to wait for our offensive Dynamo to come save the day? Is it too much to ask to get a real home grown New York Ranger who can score 60-80 points or more in a season? Without having to buy one or play a system that atrophies him?

Thirty One

Safe is safe.
Dec 28, 2003
How much longer will we have to wait for our offensive Dynamo to come save the day? Is it too much to ask to get a real home grown New York Ranger who can score 60-80 points or more in a season? Without having to buy one or play a system that atrophies him?
What is an offensive dynamo? Is that like a diva? ;)

cd211

Feb 6, 2010
New York, NY
has anyone been watching the whale, besides looking at stats?

hows McIrath, Palmieri, thomas playing? you think anyone could come up this year and stay to contribute?

whats your assessment on them??

BroadwayStorm

Aug 2, 2005
New York City
I remember Palmieri was supposed to score a lot of goals for the Devils and a lot of people hated him on this board because he took icetime away from Kreider or played with Kreider or Stepan or one of those guys for team USA and he was a me first kind of guy who made too many moves and coughed up the puck. What happened to this guy?

Jan 8, 2012
NY
I remember Palmieri was supposed to score a lot of goals for the Devils and a lot of people hated him on this board because he took icetime away from Kreider or played with Kreider or Stepan or one of those guys for team USA and he was a me first kind of guy who made too many moves and coughed up the puck. What happened to this guy?

He's doing very well with the Ducks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad