2012-2013 Phoenix Coyotes Roster

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
Really? I think Stone has been fantastic. Not offensively, but I've liked what he's shown apart from offense.

I thought Stone had been good, except the last game against Colorado, he looked slow and confused, didn't move his feet. But I guess he should be allowed to have a bad game now and then, just like everyone else on our defense.

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
I'm reading Stone is being sent down, and Rundblad up. I'm fine with this as I want to see more of Rundblad in the show.

I wish that either Stone or Rundblad would step up and show that they belong full time in the NHL.It takes a little longer, most times, for defensemen to make it full time.

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
I expected a huge bounce back. I'm getting another small step back. He's going the wrong way for going on two seasons.

I did to, but I fear, what we see is what we get. Maybe that is why is was available this offseason, GMDM and Tipp had a feeling this might happen.

BUX7PHX

Jul 7, 2011
Really? I think Stone has been fantastic. Not offensively, but I've liked what he's shown apart from offense.

He started off looking pretty good, but he looked over-matched over the past 3 games.

Eh, what do I know. I probably said the same thing during Schlemko's entire first season.

Kind of agree on some counts - he had a great first 2 games, then his game somewhat plateaued. Could have been simply up-tempo teams, cause he did not look great against the Avs. But he had been pretty reliable and made smart plays with the puck. When he did shoot, they had a lot of thunder behind them, but not positioned well to force the goalie into giving up rebounds.

With Klesla back in tow, I think we have our lines set with the space-eaters and defensive responsibility of Michalek/Morris/Klesla to pair with the guys who can move the puck into the zone in OEL/Yandle/Rundblad. Summers can play either role b/c of his footspeed.

tuxonpups

Mar 15, 2009
Sullivan-Chipchura-Boedker
Torres-Lombardi-Doan
Korpikoski-Vermette-Moss
Brown-Gordon-Johnson

edit: He skated with Torres-Gordon this morning so expect line changes from the end of Saturday lines above.

Last edited:

RafaNadal

Jul 8, 2011
Rundblad scratched for like 5 games in a row? How is that developing a prospect. Never even got a real shot at making the team, got praised after camp. Played one game and then either being scratched or playing like 5-8 minutes a game. If Stone has earned a spot, let Rundblad play and develop in AHL and let Summers ride the pressbox.

RABBIT

wasn’t gonna be a fan but Utalked me into it
Rundblad scratched for like 5 games in a row? How is that developing a prospect. Never even got a real shot at making the team, got praised after camp. Played one game and then either being scratched or playing like 5-8 minutes a game. If Stone has earned a spot, let Rundblad play and develop in AHL and let Summers ride the pressbox.

I think they had intentions to interchange him and Stone game ro game, but Stone got his turn and has been rock solid. I'm a huge Rundblad supporter, i hope they both stay.

hbk

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Visit site

Rundblad got a chance to earn a spot. Stone is more NHL ready which is not a huge revelation to those of us who follow Portland. As bodies return from injury Rundblad will be sent back to the A. Until then he should be soaking up as much knowledge as possible from Playfair.

Kaibur

Jan 23, 2009
Phoenix, AZ

I would normally agree with this, because Summers is the older, more polished prospect, and Rundblad could use a little more polish. I tend to think it's a money thing. Rundblad came over to play with Ottawa with the understanding he'd get NHL pay. For most of his time with the Yotes, he's been getting AHL pay and playing in Portland.

zz

Nov 1, 2006
I'm a huge Rundblad supporter, i hope they both stay.

Nothing against him, but he might be the odd man out. I wonder if his sitting out has to do with Maloney putting together a trade and avoiding injury.

I expect one of our Ds to be gone before the deadline. I don't think it'll be either Michalek, Klesla or Morris as they have no trade value. OEL is safe. Stone's upside is not very clear, I don't think he would fetch much yet. Summers hasn't shown he blongs in the NHL yet, and he's getting old. I can't imagine we'd get much for him.

That leaves us with Yandle, Schlemko & Rundblad. If we're still in the hunt by the deadline, there's no way we trade Yandle. So I think it would be one of Schlemko or Rundblad, whichever garners the best return.

RafaNadal

Jul 8, 2011
Nothing against him, but he might be the odd man out. I wonder if his sitting out has to do with Maloney putting together a trade and avoiding injury.

I expect one of our Ds to be gone before the deadline. I don't think it'll be either Michalek, Klesla or Morris as they have no trade value. OEL is safe. Stone's upside is not very clear, I don't think he would fetch much yet. Summers hasn't shown he blongs in the NHL yet, and he's getting old. I can't imagine we'd get much for him.

That leaves us with Yandle, Schlemko & Rundblad. If we're still in the hunt by the deadline, there's no way we trade Yandle. So I think it would be one of Schlemko or Rundblad, whichever garners the best return.

That has been my feeling all along, I even got that feeling right from the start with all the praising during camp and then not getting any actual playing time. Baiting for a trade.

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011

I agree. With Stone stepping up his play the last few games, send down Rundblad down.

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011

I disagree about Michalek, Klesla and Morris. I think they all have good trade value, especially with a contending team. In the playoff experience is invaluable and all three have played very well this year. I do not want to trade Schlemko because of his salary and what he brings to the table. Rundblad or Klesla would be the pieces I would look to trade if we had to. I would prefer to keep both.

zz

Nov 1, 2006
I disagree about Michalek, Klesla and Morris. I think they all have good trade value, especially with a contending team. In the playoff experience is invaluable and all three have played very well this year. I do not want to trade Schlemko because of his salary and what he brings to the table. Rundblad or Klesla would be the pieces I would look to trade if we had to. I would prefer to keep both.

Please. We got Michalek for a 3rd round pick and a couple nobodies. Morris for a 4th round pick. Klesla's the only one we had to give value for: one broken forward (Upshall) and a 3rd pairing d-man (Lepisto).

_Del_

Jul 4, 2003
One of those guys had a NTC and wanted to come back only here and came back for peanuts. The GM did the other one a solid and asked him where he wanted to go and traded him for what was widely considered under value at the draft to clear salary... Veteran dmen bring back a haul at the deadline.

hbk

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Visit site
One of those guys had a NTC and wanted to come back only here and came back for peanuts. The GM did the other one a solid and asked him where he wanted to go and traded him for what was widely considered under value at the draft to clear salary... Veteran dmen bring back a haul at the deadline.

Paul Gaustad went for a first round pick. Fair value and trade deadline do not go together.

_Del_

Jul 4, 2003
Paul Gaustad went for a first round pick. Fair value and trade deadline do not go together.

I agree. My comment was responding to the statement that Morris, Klesla and Z had no trade value. I think Klesla gets the best return and is the guy to move if we have to move someone. I'd be happy with a Stempniak-type pick up this year to be honest. Preferably a mid-level center, but someone who isn't going to cost a bundle. Keep Klesla for a playoff push.

KG

Sep 23, 2010
I don't know, I am liking our center depth so far, assuming everyone is healthy. That's really the key factor. I'd rather pick up a pure scorer.

We always talk about trading D and then one of them gets hurt and we breathe a sigh of relief. But if a move is going to be made Schlemko or Kesla makes the most sense. Rundbland too but I'd rather we keep him around and develop him to see what he turns into. If we end up moving Yandle at any point we can use him to replace the lost production.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad