Injury Report: 2012-2013 Injury Thread

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
No word on Downie, McG and PAP is not at practice, but I was under the impression that they were taking a maintenance day.

I am under that same impression. Curious why Dater wouldn't say if Downie was on the ice or not considering he wrote about how he left the game.

Sherm put the thread under injury report!

Mr Serious

Jul 23, 2011
According to the Avs Twitter feed:

"Steve Downie (knee injury) will not practice today"

"Jamie McGinn, PA Parenteau & Gabriel Landeskog will also not practice today (maintainence)."

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012
Also Hunwick to make his season debut on Thursday :yo:

This must be what it was like for Blues fans when Tarasenko debuted.

Goulet17

May 22, 2003
Downie out, Kobasew in on Thursday.

More tests being done on Downie.

The delayed announcement on Downie has me expecting the worst. This sounds like an NFL knee injury where they run tests for a few days before publicly stating it is a season-ending ACL injury.

I hope I am wrong.

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
The delayed announcement on Downie has me expecting the worst. This sounds like an NFL knee injury where they run tests for a few days before publicly stating it is a season-ending ACL injury.

I hope I am wrong.

I actually think it's the opposite. Doc's always test for the worst cases and if it was season-ending, I think they would already know.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012
It can't be that bad if he skated off the ice by himself.

I've torn both my MCLs before playing hockey and could still skate/play. A slight tear to the MCL should keep a player out ~2 weeks, and a full tear could be up to ~12. A further injury to the ACL would be the main concern if he played with a torn MCL.

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
Sgarbossa time? Please just bring Kobasew in and "everything is fine"

Neither one of them can do what Downie does so either way it's a huge hit and everything won't be fine.

We thought we would have three very good lines and quickly went from Downie-O'Reilly-Hejduk to Kobasew-Mitchell-Hejduk.

hockeyfish

Feb 23, 2007
DENVER!!!!!!!
Neither one of them can do what Downie does so either way it's a huge hit and everything won't be fine.

We thought we would have three very good lines and quickly went from Downie-O'Reilly-Hejduk to Kobasew-Mitchell-Hejduk.

This should give O'Reilly some ammo in negotiations. We are going to need him.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012
adater ‏@adater
Steve Downie torn ACL, out for season. Brad Malone called up

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad