2012-13 Ticket Holders

Soble

Jan 12, 2012
Toronto
Enh, I don't believe I'm vilifying TNSE. Most of my posts on this matter have been me poking fun at people grossly over reacting to what is IMO an extremely trivial matter.

But at the same time, if you're going to try to defend TNSE by making implausible claims I'm going to call you on it.

No no, YOU are not vilifying TSNE...The early reaction on this board and the 500 comments on the WFP site was what I was referring to.

Hank Chinaski

May 29, 2007
Northern MB
Overly sensitive, thrifty fans are dangerous for small market teams...

I know eh? My approach to any future TNSE cash grabs will be:

tumblr_m0scugsLut1r786ovo1_500.jpg

:naughty:

spicy

Aug 23, 2011
Winnipeg
Do you pay 13K a year for season tickets?

i have 2 seats in 316, and we have suite tickets within our family.

While I sympathize with the "quit your whining" crowd, I don't think the fact that TNSE has brought the NHL back to Winnipeg gives them carte blanche to nickel and dime everyone on idiotic fees.

Sure, Chipman opened up his (and Thomson's) wallet to the tune of $170 million, but 13000 opened up their considerably smaller wallets to the tune of $500 - $1000 per seat for a deposit (i.e. an interest free loan). They also pay one of the highest average ticket prices in the NHL. There wasn't a lot of complaining though - you have to pay to play in the bigs, right? I mean, we yell out "True North" during the anthem...we're grateful, ok?

But I don't think it's unreasonable that a STH would be upset that they were losing something of value (nice printed ticket books you could split up with a STH group) - and not only that, but the prospect of being charged $2.50 to do something that used to cost nothing (handing out tickets). As I've said about 3 times before in this thread, that adds up to about $175/year in fees if you've got a group of 4 sharing 2 seats. Also, those fees are ridiculous in the first place. The concession stand might as well charge $2.50 to put your popcorn in a bag or your beer in a cup - in fact the profit margin on the ticket printing and forwarding "convenience fee" is probably even higher.

fair enough, and well said. Wasnt the 2.50 charge already worked into the ticket prices last year, and was it not deducted off the electronic cards for this year? This was my assumption. If not, then shame on TNSE, but they have corrected it. And i stand by my prior statement saying if you did have an issue with the way they did things, to be vocal about it to the rep you speak to, but also remain calm and dont jump to rash decisions (like the guy who wants to get rid of his tickets). If enough level headed individuals voice their concerns, things will be looked at, and dealt with accordingly.

TNSE has come too far and made too many right business decisions to make too many bone headed ones.

Either way, if the charges did go through, $2.50 per each reprinted ticket isnt something worth getting rid of your season tickets about, or tossing in the towel on the team either.

People are still hot and bothered about the lockout, and rightly so. But to blame it on the team, the franchise, or anything else here is ridiculous. There were many other factors to blame, and to lose your marbles about a fee that ended up being waived anyways is the most ridiculously absurd notion.

Last edited:

SCP Guy

Jun 21, 2011
The Peg
I like I can sell unwanted tickets through ticket exchange and get a little extra money back.... Thanks TNSE!

Holden Caulfield

Eternal Skeptic
Feb 15, 2006
Winnipeg
i have 2 seats in 316, and we have suite tickets within our family.

fair enough, and well said. Wasnt the 2.50 charge already worked into the ticket prices last year, and was it not deducted off the electronic cards for this year? This was my assumption. If not, then shame on TNSE, but they have corrected it. And i stand by my prior statement saying if you did have an issue with the way they did things, to be vocal about it to the rep you speak to, but also remain calm and dont jump to rash decisions (like the guy who wants to get rid of his tickets). If enough level headed individuals voice their concerns, things will be looked at, and dealt with accordingly.

It wasn't. My tickets certainly weren't 2.50 cheaper (they were exactly 3% higher, as you would expect from the increase).

Either way, if the charges did go through, $2.50 per each reprinted ticket isnt something worth getting rid of your season tickets about, or tossing in the towel on the team either.

People are still hot and bothered about the lockout, and rightly so. But to blame it on the team, the franchise, or anything else here is ridiculous. There were many other factors to blame, and to lose your marbles about a fee that ended up being waived anyways is the most ridiculously absurd notion.

Agreed.

hoch7231

Aug 15, 2012
I like I can sell unwanted tickets through ticket exchange and get a little extra money back.... Thanks TNSE!

I was thinking about this...now I'm certainly not complaining, but I pay $96.75 for my P3 tix. If ticket exchange credits me $150 (for the "A" games), am I not considered to be making a profit? Again not complaining but am I missing something?

I looked up the definition of scalping:

"Ticket scalping, also known as ticket resales, is the time-honored practice of buying tickets to an event and reselling them for more than you paid for them. "

mzappa

Jets fans in space
Jun 27, 2011
The Season Ticket Holder TPA clearly states a ticket cannot be sold above "face value". That's how they get around the provincial law in this case.

I was thinking about this...now I'm certainly not complaining, but I pay $96.75 for my P3 tix. If ticket exchange credits me $150 (for the "A" games), am I not considered to be making a profit? Again not complaining but am I missing something?

I looked up the definition of scalping:

"Ticket scalping, also known as ticket resales, is the time-honored practice of buying tickets to an event and reselling them for more than you paid for them. "

Hollywood3

Bison/Jet/Moose Fan
May 12, 2007
It's been logistically annoying, and a lot more work than I want to do, especially with the tight window and having to get everyone/everything organized. Were the Jets planning on rolling this out for the 2012-13 season or did they know 100% that the lockout would happen in the summer? Seems like they could have introduced this system in the summer and not forced the panic. I think the big issue is that it was thrust on STH's in stealth fashion. It went from, your package will arrive within 2 days of the schedule, to getting a booklet and a card when everyone was expecting tickets. Being a STH of the Jets and Bombers (as well as long-time customer of the Moose), it was something I'd expect from the Bombers. True North have usually been pretty good about communicating with their customers.
This is so true. (I have never been a Bomber STH, and this is my 10th year with the Moose/Jets.) "Stealth" is a good word for this.

When I got the package I thought "WTF did they send me such a big folder for Jets Gear cards?"

They sent me 35 emails since last season and NOT ONE said anything about cards replacing tickets.

While I sympathize with the "quit your whining" crowd, I don't think the fact that TNSE has brought the NHL back to Winnipeg gives them carte blanche to nickel and dime everyone on idiotic fees.

Sure, Chipman opened up his (and Thomson's) wallet to the tune of $170 million, but 13000 opened up their considerably smaller wallets to the tune of $500 - $1000 per seat for a deposit (i.e. an interest free loan). They also pay one of the highest average ticket prices in the NHL. There wasn't a lot of complaining though - you have to pay to play in the bigs, right? I mean, we yell out "True North" during the anthem...we're grateful, ok?

But I don't think it's unreasonable that a STH would be upset that they were losing something of value (nice printed ticket books you could split up with a STH group) - and not only that, but the prospect of being charged $2.50 to do something that used to cost nothing (handing out tickets). As I've said about 3 times before in this thread, that adds up to about $175/year in fees if you've got a group of 4 sharing 2 seats. Also, those fees are ridiculous in the first place. The concession stand might as well charge $2.50 to put your popcorn in a bag or your beer in a cup - in fact the profit margin on the ticket printing and forwarding "convenience fee" is probably even higher.

:handclap:

All fees and charges of any type have to be factored into the price of a ticket. Maybe the Jets have worked with TicketBastard for too long now. Maybe next year they'll announce that tickets have been reduced by $5 per seat. Then afterwards say there is an administration fee of $2, convenience fee of $4, oxygen utilization fee of $2, floor usage levy of $1, and a stair replenishment fund assessment of $250 per season.

BTW, when Moose tickets were bought direct from your Moose rep there were NO fees whatsoever.

idontknow

Jul 16, 2011
I admit I have been leery about selling tickets for games I can't go to. I sold several tickets last season to people here on the boards and also to Seat Exchange. If I am going to get game day prices (less the fee) I see it easier to sell on Seat Exchange.

In addition, in all my Seat Exchange sales, I have yet to see one of my tickets become available for sale... they sell fast or they delay the release of the seats but I always received an email the following day that my ticket sold. lol

I for the first time just used Seat Exchange. I checked and the ticket was available right away. I am so happy with this, quick and easy. I put an expiry date and if it doesn't sell at least I have a few days to scramble and find someone, lol.

drumzan

#NHLJets
Jul 9, 2011
I for the first time just used Seat Exchange. I checked and the ticket was available right away. I am so happy with this, quick and easy. I put an expiry date and if it doesn't sell at least I have a few days to scramble and find someone, lol.

Which game?

drumzan

#NHLJets
Jul 9, 2011
This is so true. (I have never been a Bomber STH, and this is my 10th year with the Moose/Jets.) "Stealth" is a good word for this.

When I got the package I thought "WTF did they send me such a big folder for Jets Gear cards?"

They sent me 35 emails since last season and NOT ONE said anything about cards replacing tickets.

:handclap:

All fees and charges of any type have to be factored into the price of a ticket. Maybe the Jets have worked with TicketBastard for too long now. Maybe next year they'll announce that tickets have been reduced by $5 per seat. Then afterwards say there is an administration fee of $2, convenience fee of $4, oxygen utilization fee of $2, floor usage levy of $1, and a stair replenishment fund assessment of $250 per season.

BTW, when Moose tickets were bought direct from your Moose rep there were NO fees whatsoever.

OK, that made me really laugh.

BigZ65

Feb 2, 2010
Winnipeg
The rep was right. I still have NO idea why people think that printing the ticket, saving the file to your computer, emailing the ticket to a buddy, would cost a dime. It was ALWAYS free. Maybe if people had taken a few minutes to read the details and try out the system, rather than see "$2.50" and assume that if you don't use the plastic card it will cost you $$. TNSE then gave up on trying to explain it to people and just caved to the mob and decided lets just make the forwarding through the system free to shut people up since they don't understand the system ("print" vs forward) and the backlash isn't worth it.

"You can print any game ticket online via My Jets Account at no additional cost. Similar to Ticket Forwarding, Reprinting your tickets generates a paper TicketFast ticket that you can print from your home or office and bring to the game."

Not accurate. Ticketmaster charges $2.50 for each step (forward and print) if you've ever used their system for concert or other event tickets. The charge would actually be $5 per forwarded seat. TNSE has waived the printing fee permanently, so I'm guessing we'll still have the $2.50 per ticket forwarding fee next season.

1430MaroonsRoad

Sep 14, 2011
Winnipeg, MB
I just used the Jets' SeatExchange for the first time this season, still in disbelief I managed to get two P7s for the Montreal game off there. Unreal.

I think the Jets are able to credit season ticket holders the face value of the tickets they sell "less a fee" is because they tacked on more fees to the buyer this year on the SeatExchange website. A pair of P7s for the Montreal game, which is an A game, came to $210. The same pair of tickets on the regular Ticketmaster website would go for around $145 with fees included.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad