2012-13 Ticket Holders

hoowaa

Oct 22, 2011
Winnipeg
Searched and found no thread related to Jets season ticket holders and their intentions when the lockout is lifted.

I have one full seat in section 321 - great seat with TV like sight-lines.

Regardless, of what happens now with NHL/NHLPA in terms of this season, I will not be attending 2012-13 regular season NHL games this season - both sides can officially kiss my posterior due to the consideration fans received from both entities in this process.

I intend to put up the lot of as a package the minute the schedule is announced for face value on Kijiji. If they make the playoffs, I’ll consider attending those games as it will be on my own terms at that time.

What are your intentions ?

puck stoppa

Jul 5, 2011
Winnipeg
I think your nuts. Im going to all my games and can't wait for them to start. Im pissed too but understand its all about business. I can't wait to see my Jets play live again and after waiting 15 years to see NHL again I will never turn my back on the Jets! Last year was an awesome winter cause of the Jets and Im thankful to Chipman for all TNSE has done to bring them back, not going to games seems childish to me.

King Woodballs

Captain Awesome
Sep 25, 2007
Your Mind
If I had tickets I wouldnt be going. I am not even getting the Jets channel.

I think your nuts. Im going to all my games and can't wait for them to start. Im pissed too but understand its all about business. I can't wait to see my Jets play live again and after waiting 15 years to see NHL again I will never turn my back on the Jets! Last year was an awesome winter cause of the Jets and Im thankful to Chipman for all TNSE has done to bring them back, not going to games seems childish to me.

Disagree.
What the NHL and NHLPA are doing is childish

bodybreak

Whiteshell Wild
Jul 11, 2006
Talked to my group about the "fan lockout" that was organized by some folks in California I believe. Bob McKenzie tweeted their video about it. In the video, there were fans of several different teams, living in different cities saying the fan lockout would come into effect if NHL lockout continued past Dec. ?? (15th maybe, or 21st are the two dates jumping into my head)...

The idea was that for every game their team missed past that date, the fans would not go to that same number of games, nor would they watch the games on TV or purchase merchandise during that time.

My group was not interested in trying this, as they believed that if we sold our tickets back to the Jets, they would quickly be snapped up as single game tickets, and at a higher price, possibly leading to more money for the NHL / NHLPA (I'm not sure if ticket revenue in that case stays with the team or what might happen with it).

garret9

AKA#VitoCorrelationi
Mar 31, 2012
Vancouver
www.hockey-graphs.com
If I had tickets I wouldnt be going. I am not even getting the Jets channel.

Disagree.
What the NHL and NHLPA are doing is childish

Aren't they mutually exclusive? Can't not both be true?
TBH, I'm among the opinion of anyone who boycott's to make a statement in regards to this lockout is foolish. The only people that would really be of any consequence are the people who are truly leaving the sport all together and permanently, and I think they will be replaced in time.
No worries or harm done to owners or players in the end.

Some of my faves:
20120904-04.JPG

20120904-02.JPG

Last edited:

Jaffray15

Mar 12, 2008
Winnipeg
www.nhl94.com

(Thumbs Up) 1 person likes this post

LOL

King Woodballs

Captain Awesome
Sep 25, 2007
Your Mind
If people keep crawling back to the nhl, they will never learn.
They will charge you more and more, and will continuously treat you like ****.

Who would want to intentionally put themselves through that?

The 04 lockout was about cost certanty and trying to fix something that was really broken
Now it's about spoiled children arguing over money that isnt theirs

wpgsilver

Jun 14, 2011
Winnipeg
I plan on going to every game. The boycott makes no sense to me. Especially if someone will be attending the game in your place (if your boycott involved not going and not selling your seat at least TNSE would lose out of concession revenue.) The ONLY one who loses when people boycott is the person boycotting.
I've expanded on this in the past so I'll stop, but frankly I think boycotting is stupid, and effectively cutting off your nose to spite your face.

hoowaa

Oct 22, 2011
Winnipeg
It's not a boycott.

Do I think my move impacts the NHL or NHLPA in any fashion? Not in our market.

Will my personal hard earned money go to either the NHL or NHL players in a shortened year ? No. A shortened year is worth far far less than a full year, I just won't pay them full dollar it, someone else can though.

I do fully expect TNSE to be polling us season ticket holders about our attendance, just as they did last year - they will at least be armed with some information for the future when sellouts aren't baked in.

Will I cheer my team as I watch every game on TV ? Yes, with my hard earned money waiting to pay on my own terms.

Jet

Free Capo!
Jul 20, 2004
Florida
If people keep crawling back to the nhl, they will never learn.
They will charge you more and more, and will continuously treat you like ****.

Who would want to intentionally put themselves through that?

The 04 lockout was about cost certanty and trying to fix something that was really broken
Now it's about spoiled children arguing over money that isnt theirs

I disagree. I see Gary Bettman trying to make the small market teams viable. The Jets might not need his help at this very moment, but if times ever get tough we will be thankful that he got a true 50/50 split and contract restrictions.

I don't care if I come off totally pro owner, but the players have gotten too much for too long while too many of the guys who make this league actually exist lose money. If it's one or 2 unhealthy franchises, you can say its the owners or poor location. when a third or more are losing money you have to look at costs and when players are getting more than half it's easy to see what's wrong.

Back in the Bigs

and lovin' it !!
Oct 17, 2006
as much as this lockout has pissed me off, I still hope a deal gets done....but it still wouldn't surprise me if the dumb **** players manage to get the season cancelled

....but assuming there's an eleventh hour deal next Friday, I'll be back!
I have a third of 2 seats, and I CAN'T WAIT to see my 8 home games at MTS Centre and I'll watch all the rest in glorious HD Jets TV :yo::nod::handclap::D

viper0220

Oct 10, 2008
Are we all upset that there is no NHL this year? Yes. Should we be? Yes. But if you look at the long term, this lockout maybe a good thing for the jets. With the new CBA, costs will be cut and it will be at 50-50, this gives the Jets long term stable ability and make sure they put out a competive team. And also this gives the young players an extra year to get ready and it gives Bogo time to fully heal.

ps241

The Ballad of Ville Bobby
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
I respect the opinions, sentiment, and actions of those who are done. Professional sports lock outs, strikes, and work stoppages are a slap in the face to the people who pay the bills. Collectively they are treating their customers like $&&@ and deserve whatever fait falls upon them.

However on a personal level Chipman said the last lockout that brought in the salary cap made it possible for our city to get a team back. This lockout, although ugly, is step 2 on a continuing path to ensure we can afford to have a team remain in Winnipeg long term and compete for the Stanley cup. The fight although grotesque is a nessesary evil for the City I love. TNSE stepped up and put their money on the line to bring the NHL back to Winnipeg. I am not only in for this year but I am in for as long as I live and can afford it. I am mad at the league and the players but I love our owners and the game. I look forward to growing old and making memories with my friends and family at the MTS centre.

puck stoppa

Jul 5, 2011
Winnipeg
I respect the opinions, sentiment, and actions of those who are done. Professional sports lock outs, strikes, and work stoppages are a slap in the face to the people who pay the bills. Collectively they are treating their customers like $&&@ and deserve whatever fait falls upon them.

However on a personal level Chipman said the last lockout that brought in the salary cap made it possible for our city to get a team back. This lockout, although ugly, is step 2 on a continuing path to ensure we can afford to have a team remain in Winnipeg long term and compete for the Stanley cup. The fight although grotesque is a nessesary evil for the City I love. TNSE stepped up and put their money on the line to bring the NHL back to Winnipeg. I am not only in for this year but I am in for as long as I live and can afford it. I am mad at the league and the players but I love our owners and the game. I look forward to growing old and making memories with my friends and family at the MTS centre.

Booya on the pootos, whatever that means. Well said!

truck

Jun 27, 2012
www.arcticicehockey.com
I will go to my games.

The lockout saved me money.

I really don't understand being upset either. We aren't born entitled to a specific allotment of NHL hockey.

I enjoy the game and I enjoy being qt the games. That is what I pay for.

wpgsilver

Jun 14, 2011
Winnipeg

Well said sir.

BobEssensa

Jun 16, 2011
Searched and found no thread related to Jets season ticket holders and their intentions when the lockout is lifted.

Regardless, of what happens now with NHL/NHLPA in terms of this season, I will not be attending 2012-13 regular season NHL games this season - both sides can officially kiss my posterior due to the consideration fans received from both entities in this process.

I intend to put up the lot of as a package the minute the schedule is announced for face value on Kijiji. If they make the playoffs, I’ll consider attending those games as it will be on my own terms at that time.

Your best bet would be to attend the games, but not buy any food or drink. Minimize the money they make off of you. They already have your season ticket money. Might as well minimize the money they make off you. If you need a drink, just go to Tavern United in between periods for beer. Cheaper too.

sipowicz

The thrill is gone
Mar 16, 2011

Amen, if the NHL comes back this season we need a FANS revolt and boycott to show the NHLPA, owners and NHL that fans have rights too.

To me, even starting the season this late is meaningless. Records, stats. and everything else is just meaningless. The NHL is already talking about an extra four teams making the playoffs. You've got guys who haven't played in 9 months, guys that have played a little and guys who are already banged up playing in Europe, what kind of product do you think you will have on the ice with a shortened training camps and no exhibition games.

But I will be back for the 2013-2014 season.;)

Last edited:

mzappa

Jets fans in space
Jun 27, 2011
I have season tickets (however long the season is), and plan to attend a large proportion of games. Although I have been enjoying the "Chipman dollars" refund every month. Always thought charging full price for preseason games was ridiculous. But happy to have tickets so no complaints. :handclap:

Sorry @Jaffray15, no extras, and especially not at a cheap price!!

Becel

I Hate Jamie Macoun
Sep 14, 2011
I have season tickets (however long the season is), and plan to attend a large proportion of games. Although I have been enjoying the "Chipman dollars" refund every month. Always thought charging full price for preseason games was ridiculous. But happy to have tickets so no complaints. :handclap:

Sorry @Jaffray15, no extras, and especially not at a cheap price!!

I'm pretty happy with not paying for preseason - if there is a season.

As far as going to games I am looking forward to it. I don't hold TrueNorth and the Jets responsible for this lockout at all. As for the players I am frustrated with them like many. Owners have all the risk while players are guaranteed millions - it's been said a hundred times I know. I don't see a need or have any desire to try to send a message to them though.

Like others have said this lockout will only help NHL hockey in Winnipeg in the long run. As much as the last lockout sucked, if it hadn't happened we wouldn't even have a team. Maybe this is the lockout that we can look back on and say if this one didn't happen we would have always been a small market team that was just happy to get into the playoffs rather than the Stanley Cup Champions of 2017(?) or something like that. Call me glass half full I guess...

tbcwpg

Jan 25, 2011
My group will be there. I feel as though the leaked details of some of the new CBA stuff that has been apparently agreed upon is going to help the Jets long-term, and despite being more on the owners' side, I'll be looking forward to seeing Hainsey on the ice as well, at least for the remainder of the season.

Back in the Bigs

and lovin' it !!
Oct 17, 2006
Amen, if the NHL comes back this season we need a FANS revolt and boycott to show the NHLPA, owners and NHL that fans have rights too.

To me, even starting the season this late is meaningless. Records, stats. and everything else is just meaningless. The NHL is already talking about an extra four teams making the playoffs. You've got guys who haven't played in 9 months, guys that have played a little and guys who are already banged up playing in Europe, what kind of product do you think you will have on the ice with a shortened training camps and no exhibition games.

But I will be back for the 2013-2014 season.;)

My concern is if this doesn't get settled in the next week, what guarantee is there that there will be something to be back for in October?

Last edited by a moderator:

Jeti

Blue-Line Dekes
Jul 8, 2011
MTL
There's no point to selling your tickets or even giving them away. They have your money if you're a season ticket holder. It'd work in some markets but not here. You'd be better off bringing a series of angry signs to hold up every game of the season.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad