2012/13 Injury Update Thread

Johnny Hoxville

The Return of a Legend
Jul 15, 2006
Calgary
Where does he fit tho? He can't beat out Widemen, Gio,Jbo, and Brodie has been great on the pp.

Out of the 4 you mentioned, Wideman is the only one who has a comparable shot. Depending on the opposing team, if having a shot like Babs on the 2nd PP unit could expose a weakness on their PK, he could be another weapon there. I actually don't think he has that bad defensively last season, but his skating is atrocious.

TheHudlinator

Nov 21, 2011
Victoria,BC
Out of the 4 you mentioned, Wideman is the only one who has a comparable shot. Depending on the opposing team, if having a shot like Babs on the 2nd PP unit could expose a weakness on their PK, he could be another weapon there. I actually don't think he has that bad defensively last season, but his skating is atrocious.

Last year I thought he was bad his first year I liked him alot more I hope he can find his form again. I don't see his shot being a huge weapon this team and pp is based on quick smart passes we don't use a big shot alot we try to move the puck around and step up a quick chance down low. Babs has never impressed me with his hockey IQ, maybe if we play him with Jbo it could work I just don't know how he would fit.

Johnny Hoxville

The Return of a Legend
Jul 15, 2006
Calgary
Last year I thought he was bad his first year I liked him alot more I hope he can find his form again. I don't see his shot being a huge weapon this team and pp is based on quick smart passes we don't use a big shot alot we try to move the puck around and step up a quick chance down low. Babs has never impressed me with his hockey IQ, maybe if we play him with Jbo it could work I just don't know how he would fit.

I agree with you, I'm just wondering if Hartley thinks he could use him. It doesn't like the Flames are planning on moving him. It sounds as if he's gonna play soon.

TheHudlinator

Nov 21, 2011
Victoria,BC
I agree with you, I'm just wondering if Hartley thinks he could use him. It doesn't like the Flames are planning on moving him. It sounds as if he's gonna play soon.

I think we will play him for a few games and show teams he is still a top 6 defensemen and then depending on injuries we will try and move Stempniak and Babchuck for a physical #4 defensemen to give us some depth on defense.

fallsviewafro*

He's been excellent in every appearance. I'm very pleased.

Zoombie

Oct 28, 2011
Any words on either Baertschi or Backlund's recovery? Is there an expected return day/month?

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
Any words on either Baertschi or Backlund's recovery? Is there an expected return day/month?
Backlund has been out a week and it was said 4-6 weeks. So he will probably return Mid-March.

Baertschi is listed as week to week. He has missed about 2 weeks now, I would guess since he is skating now that he could return in the next few games.

Johnny Hoxville

The Return of a Legend
Jul 15, 2006
Calgary
I heard Conroy on the Fan yesterday talking about the status on Kipper and Sven. He said Kipper is not quite ready yet, but he's close. He said he will be back sooner than later.

He said Sven has been practicing but no contact yet. Craig said he's personally been doing drills with Sven and they've been doing a little contact in the corners, and hes looks good to. Sven looks to be not to far away, but needs to be cleared for contact and then have a few contact practices with his teammates before he gets back to game action.

Evergreen

Any updates on Kiprusoff? I know he was expected to miss two more weeks as of February 14. That should give him about 5 more days before he's ready. Is he skating at all?

Svenner

Dec 2, 2008
Montreal, QC
Any updates on Kiprusoff? I know he was expected to miss two more weeks as of February 14. That should give him about 5 more days before he's ready. Is he skating at all?

I haven't heard anything about him. I wouldn't look into the injury length too much. He has a grade 2 MCL sprain so you can expect him to miss another 1-2 weeks.. Maybe more since he's 36 years old.

bishop12

Ovyously
Dec 1, 2006
I haven't heard anything about him. I wouldn't look into the injury length too much. He has a grade 2 MCL sprain so you can expect him to miss another 1-2 weeks.. Maybe more since he's 36 years old.

He's not a homeless 36 year guy...he's in the NHL. Im sure they'll cough up an update during HNIC tonight.

bishop12

Ovyously
Dec 1, 2006
If James Reimer farts it's on TSN...but you can't find a Kipper update to save your life.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad