Prospect Info: #200OA - Hurricanes select G Yegor Naumov

TheReelChuckFletcher

Former TheRillestPaulFenton; Harverd Alum
Jun 30, 2011
Raleigh and Chapel Hill, NC
I was surprised they picked 0 goalies last year, especially late. Spending speculative late picks on goalies, a position more rewarding of speculation, just makes more sense to me.

Pashin and Seeley were way more tempting than a goalie in my mind, at least IMO. This draft doesn't have as many moonshot swings outside of maybe my favorite overager in the entire draft in Guslistov, so it's the right draft to look at goaltenders.

Last edited:

Discipline Daddy

Brentcent Van Burns
Nov 27, 2009
Raleigh, NC
Pashin and Seeley were way more tempting than a goalie in my mind, at least IMO. This draft doesn't have as many moonshot swings outside of maybe by favorite overager in the entire draft in Guslistov, so it's the right draft to look at goaltenders.

I was wondering this. In 2020 it seemed like our 6th/7th round scouting was literally to take the highest rated remaining skater on Euro or NA Central Scouting. Were there no "steals" of players left who were 50+ ranked higher this year? Or do you think we were shooting for a couple more Freddie Andersens this year?

Anton Dubinchuk

aho
Sponsor
Jul 18, 2010
Atlanta, GA
I am usually pretty-to-very on top of things when it comes to the Canes, and I forgot this guy exists. So thanks for the bump. Lol.

Am I reading his EliteProspects right? Has he not played a single game since we drafted him??

bleedgreen

Dec 8, 2003
colorado
Visit site
I am usually pretty-to-very on top of things when it comes to the Canes, and I forgot this guy exists. So thanks for the bump. Lol.

Am I reading his EliteProspects right? Has he not played a single game since we drafted him??

Nothing here.

I remember one time the Canes drafted a guy who if memory serves within days quit hockey to play baseball. Hoffman?

Reactions: DaveG

Cardiac Jerks

Asinine & immoral
Jan 13, 2006
Long Sault, Ontario

Nothing here.

I remember one time the Canes drafted a guy who if memory serves within days quit hockey to play baseball. Hoffman?
Mhmm, that was Jamie Hoffmann. I think he played for a bit with the dodgers.

I posted about Naumov on the Russian board to see if anyone knows what’s going on. I searched a few weeks ago and couldn’t find anything at all.

Last edited:

Novacane

Jan 25, 2012
Raleigh, NC
Is there any chance he’s involved in the special military operation in Ukraine?

I really hope not for many reasons but genuinely have no idea where the line gets drawn for conscription. I’m thinking/hoping not but curious

Caser

@RUSProspects
May 21, 2013
Riga/Yaroslavl
twitter.com
Is anyone on Russian social media? Can we confirm this guy actually exists?
Here's his instagram: https://www.instagram.com/egor_naumov_1/

@Caser - any scoop on Naumov?
During the last season I tried to ask around some sources about him, but they could get no info. All I can see that last season he was still under contract with Lokomotiv organization, but looks like it was terminated in May. On the other hand, he didn't play too much in previous years too, so why it would be surprising if he would stop playing hockey at all?

Is there any chance he’s involved in the special military operation in Ukraine?

I really hope not for many reasons but genuinely have no idea where the line gets drawn for conscription. I’m thinking/hoping not but curious
He disappeared from the radar much earlier than it all started. I mean, even if he would be conscripted into the service Fedotov-like he would be back already.

Upd.: Not to mention his vk profile shows him online as I type that: Egor Naumov | VK

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad