2008 draft

Status
Not open for further replies.

VanHoutte

Nov 11, 2005
www.capgeek.com
OK, so I’ve heard of Kessel (2006), Esposito (2007) and Tavaras (2009) ... but it seems like talk of the 2008 draft has been dreadfully silent.

Maybe I’m out of the loop, and I know it’s early, but usually there are at least faint rumblings of possible top prospects. I'm curious.

Are there some interesting prospects to watch, or does 2008 just suck?

Anyone?

-VanHoutte

P Jiddy

Jun 26, 2002
Visit site
Its funny, I just did a search for the same thing......hopefully someone has some good insight here as I too am curious.

Form and Substance

Jun 11, 2004
VanHoutte said:
OK, so I’ve heard of Kessel (2006), Esposito (2007) and Tavaras (2009) ... but it seems like talk of the 2008 draft has been dreadfully silent.

Maybe I’m out of the loop, and I know it’s early, but usually there are at least faint rumblings of possible top prospects. I'm curious.

Are there some interesting prospects to watch, or does 2008 just suck?

Anyone?

-VanHoutte

Just because no fourteen year old is on the 'phenom hfboard users can have a hard on for' radar just yet, the rest of the draft is deemed awful?

allin4466

Apr 8, 2005
Thats like looking ina kindergarten class to find the next supermodel..

the cute ones then arent going to be prom queen

damoose212001

Jan 16, 2005
Pittsburgh
There were actually 2 kids in which were supposed to be taken seriously. They were actually posted on this board before, but I can't recall the name, nor can I remember if it was for the 08 class or 09 class.

Transported Upstater

Vanman said:
Isnt Tavares 2008 eligible???

He's a late born; September 20, 1990 I believe.

So he'll have played 4 years of junior before he walks to the podium.

orangeandblack

Nov 27, 2004
philadelphia
usa kids to look for
late 89 jimmy hayes, big power forward playing in the preps
late 89 nico sacchetti, playing minnesota hs hockey
90 phil mcrae, basil mcrae's son playing on the u-17 ntdp team
90 kevin bodker, big defensman playing in the ushl already
90 mitch wahl, 4th overall whl pick last year, committed to that route

dont know whether any of these guys are #1 overall material, still 2 and a half years away, but there some kids off the top of my head.

Rookie Chargers

Sep 17, 2005
Quebec
Crosby=Gretzky said:
Patrice Cormier, a forward from Moncton, New Brunswick, is the one that I think is #1 right now. But the draft is nearly three years away, remember that.
In fact the draft age will be rolled back or should it be rolled forward 3 month per year until it reaches January. Somebody will have to do the calculating or confirm this. :)

Flyer765

Mar 15, 2004
Telford, England
allin4466 said:
Thats like looking ina kindergarten class to find the next supermodel..

the cute ones then arent going to be prom queen

And i'm sure some network will turn that into a reality TV show sometime soon.

Rookie Chargers

Sep 17, 2005
Quebec
Vanman said:
Isnt Tavares 2008 eligible???
For the NHL Draft 2008, I come up with a cut-off date of January. Tavares turns 18 on September 20, 2008, :eek: I smell a lawsuit.
Is any one in the know on this matter? :dunno:

scoutman1

Twitter - scoutman33
Feb 19, 2005
www.facebook.com
Two guys from the QMJHL could be 1 and 2 in the draft.

Patrice Cormier
Chris Doyle

Defensemen:
Colton Tuebert from the Dub will be a top 5 pick.

D-Man Matt Delzotto will be a top pick as well for the draft.

Other names to watch will be
Yann Sauve, Maxime Sauve, Philippe Cornet, Antoine Tardif, James Livingston, AJ Jenks, Phil MacRae, Cody Hodgeson, Dale Hunt, Mitch Wahl, Jordan Trach, Gordie Wudrick

Pcommedanspablo

Jul 28, 2005
QC
7 points in 12 games for Doyle at Notre-Dame is not very impressive. Jordan Caron playing for the other Notre-Dame team has 11 points in 13 games and is consider borderline first rounder for QMJHL draft. I know stats don't tell everything but a 5,09 forward strugling to put points is a least worrying.

scoutman1

Twitter - scoutman33
Feb 19, 2005
www.facebook.com
Pcommedanspablo said:
7 points in 12 games for Doyle at Notre-Dame is not very impressive. Jordan Caron playing for the other Notre-Dame team has 11 points in 13 games and is consider borderline first rounder for QMJHL draft. I know stats don't tell everything but a 5,09 forward strugling to put points is a least worrying.

So you think 7 points in 12 games is bad eh...points tell the entire story...my friend, if that is the case you are going to miss out on some of the best talent in hockey.

Chris Doyle is a star in the making, you watch and see a top 3 pick inthe QMJHL draft for sure and the only guy to push Cormier for 1st overall.

Pcommedanspablo

Jul 28, 2005
QC
scoutman1 said:
So you think 7 points in 12 games is bad eh...points tell the entire story...my friend, if that is the case you are going to miss out on some of the best talent in hockey.

Chris Doyle is a star in the making, you watch and see a top 3 pick inthe QMJHL draft for sure and the only guy to push Cormier for 1st overall.

I'm not saying he is not good or anything. In fact, I have never see him play. I'm just worried a little bit by his lack of production. Sure fire superstar in the making habitually produce everywhere they play but it doesn't seem to be his case. Would like to know what are the reasons.

scoutman1

Twitter - scoutman33
Feb 19, 2005
www.facebook.com
Pcommedanspablo said:
I'm not saying he is not good or anything. In fact, I have never see him play. I'm just worried a little bit by his lack of production. Sure fire superstar in the making habitually produce everywhere they play but it doesn't seem to be his case. Would like to know what are the reasons.

well Notre Dame Hounds in the top program, only the top players make that team then the Argos are filled, so Doyles time is up and down and he is not always seeing alot of ice and sometimes is. He has blazing speed, a Joe Sakic like shot and great stickhandling and a great work ethic, this guy out did Cormier at the under 17 camp this year and is a great player. He is doing way better than Logan MacMillan did last year and Logan was ranked as a top 10 talent in the draft.

katodelder

Apr 22, 2004
Cormier seems to be your man. I think this poster wanted to know if there was one name that stood out for 2008 much in the same way Kessel, Esposito, and Tavares have stood out.

I'm only basing this on the fact that Cormier was considered (but denied) exceptional player status for the 2005 QMJHL draft, and will probably go no.1 overall in 2006.

http://www.lhjmq.qc.ca/lang_en/index.php?page=232&id_nouvelle=762

letterH

Nov 16, 2003
Kamloops, BC
Visit site
Luke Schenn has a Nov. b-day so wont be eligible until 2008 and by the way he is playing, he very well could be a top 10 pick. He just turned 16 last week and is getting a whole lot of ice time, including PK and PP. He has been in 3 scraps and got the Gordie Howe hat trick on Wednesday vs Red Deer.

scoutman1

Twitter - scoutman33
Feb 19, 2005
www.facebook.com
how are Dwight King and Brett Leffler looking so far...their stats are bad for the highly touted players they were. Just wondering if it is because of ice time or adjustment.oops 2008 not 2007 I took a brain cramp LOL

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad