2008 Born for the 2023 WHL Draft

Dickie D

Mar 1, 2002
Ottawa/Brockville, ON
Visit site
I thought Vancouver may have 2 picks around the bottom of the top 10 and thought both Ruck twins may slot there nicely.
Cause in 2023 Bantam draft I have:

FIRST ROUND
Prince Albert gets Edmonton's pick
Prince Albert gets Kelowna's pick
Vancouver gets Swift Current's pick
Brandon gets Saskatoon's pick
Everett gets Kamloops pick
Prince Alberts gets Seattle's pick
Spokane gets Winnipeg's pick

please correct me if I'm mistaken

hockeykid87

Apr 7, 2008
I believe Daxon Rudolph will be the 1st overall pick to the Raiders. There's potential for them to trade back from 2nd overall as well.

Molsonsman

Dec 27, 2017
Well the Draft came and went. I'm a Wheat Kings Fan here in the thriving metropolis of Brandon MB.

They took Jaxon Jacobson at 5. Which so happens to be the new owners son. Isn't that amazing they chose him. Wow. Missed on other better talent. I guess that's why he bought the team from Kelly

Joe Hallenback

Mar 4, 2005
Well the Draft came and went. I'm a Wheat Kings Fan here in the thriving metropolis of Brandon MB.

They took Jaxon Jacobson at 5. Which so happens to be the new owners son. Isn't that amazing they chose him. Wow. Missed on other better talent. I guess that's why he bought the team from Kelly

Don't think they passed on anyone I had him at number 3 in the draft

He lead the U18 Midget Wheat Kings in scoring granted Temple was gone a few games but he and Temple(5th overall pick from last years draft) where really great.

There is going to be massive incentive to build a winner around this kid and draft. Pantelas the kid they draft at 19 is huge and mobile. They have Baumiller from last years draft who is going to be great and McQueen and Elick. I think in 2 years time this team will be back at the top

Reactions: wetcoast

Molsonsman

Dec 27, 2017
I'm new to this site and maneuvering around is a learning process and keep having to scroll around to get back to where I want/should be.

I did see a couple of posts where Jacobson was as high as 5th.. go figure lol. That was a January 2023 post. It then dropped to 12-15th.

Unfortunately I didn't find your post.

Having said that yes i agree with the youngsters coming up. I think Elick and Baumuller will be really good for sure. McQueen has yet to impress me. I know he is young and is finding his game. I do have faith.

So I hope these picks do us real well.

Joe Hallenback

Mar 4, 2005
I'm new to this site and maneuvering around is a learning process and keep having to scroll around to get back to where I want/should be.

I did see a couple of posts where Jacobson was as high as 5th.. go figure lol. That was a January 2023 post. It then dropped to 12-15th.

Unfortunately I didn't find your post.

Having said that yes i agree with the youngsters coming up. I think Elick and Baumuller will be really good for sure. McQueen has yet to impress me. I know he is young and is finding his game. I do have faith.

So I hope these picks do us real well.

I think McQueen had a big learning curve this year. He is a big kid with a lot of skill. He was so good at the u17s and I thought he would break out after that but it just wasn't clicking although the entire team was a bit of a tire fire and they fired the coach and brought in a bunch of players via trades. I am expecting McQueen to get prime time minutes this year.

Elick is going to be so good in this league he reminds me of Braden Schneider. Baumiller I think will be good. He looked real good playing as a 15 year old. The Wheaties "should" be better this year but it really depends on some of the younger guys stepping up. They will have great goaltending though.

I like Jacobson just because you don't see 14 year olds in the midget league doing what he did. Granted I don't see alot of the other kids and I don't get out to rinks as much as I used. I think I saw Rink play 2 times last year so I didn't see alot of those kids. I won't be able to see the u16 POE camp which is something I like to watch.

MeHateHe

Dec 24, 2006
1683931625387.png

HE LOOKS LIKE HE'S 8 YEARS OLD

Elvis Rambo

Jun 21, 2023
Prince Albert should of used those top picks different. Used the first to draft Jacobsen then used the second to draft a Ruck twin. Then sat back and waited.

Reactions: DraftEligibleOHL

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad