2007 Entry Draft

HFNHL Commish

Feb 28, 2002
Gentlemen,

As has been discussed, the live portion (Rounds 1-3) of the 2007 HFNHL Entry Draft will commence at 10:00 AM EST (GMT -5:00) on Sunday, June 17th.

For those of you who will not be able to attend the draft, it is imperative that you either:

A) Make arrangements to have someone else draft on your behalf and communicate those arrangements to me prior to midnight on Friday, June 15th, or;

B) Submit draft instructions to me prior to midnight on Friday, June 15th. Obviously, the more concise the draft instructions, the better.

Needless to say, failure to fulfill one's draft obligations is not an option.

In the event that I am unable to attend the draft, someone else will be appointed to handle draft instructions, etc.

Lastly, draft lists for Rounds 4-7 of the draft will be due by midnight on Thursday, June 21st.

Any questions or comments?

Matt Gledhill
HFNHL Commissioner

P.S. The following link references more detailed draft instructions from last year: http://sports.groups.yahoo.com/group/hfnhl/message/4082. Obviously, one significant change is that we'll be using the chat room Tony created for the draft.

Last edited:

HFNHL Red Wings

Some clarifications on draft eligibility since a few things changed from last year (especially draft eligible ages for Europeans).

Draft eligibility for NA's = birthdate of 01/01/87 to 09/15/89
Draft eligibility for Europeans = birthdate of 01/01/85 to 09/15/89 (you can no longer draft overage Europeans)

Simplest way to sort out if a European player (who has played in NA) should be considered under the NA or European draft eligibility criteria is as follows:
- If not already drafted by an NHL team then base it on where they played this past season
- If already drafted by an NHL team base it on where they were playing in the season prior to being drafted by the NHL.

Fan.At

Sponsor
Mar 2, 2002
HFNHL Preds
Totally. I'm gonna miss your expertise with good young Austrians that I can draft and then trade back to you for veteran talent! :)

apparently in this case i underestimated the talent this certain austrian actually has ;)
but it was good to bring the boy home :yo:

btw, matthew maybe you can keep me updated via blackberry messenger during the draft? maybe i can also point ville into the right direction that way :)

HFNHL Commish

Feb 28, 2002
Please note that I have changed the deadline for submission of lists for Rounds 4-7. The deadline is now midnight on Thursday, June 21st.

SPG

Feb 27, 2002
Utica, NY
Visit site
Just a quick note-

Ryan A. has asked me to draft for the Thrashers on Sunday as he won't be able to attend the live portion of the draft.

MatthewFlames

Jul 21, 2003
'Murica
apparently in this case i underestimated the talent this certain austrian actually has ;)
but it was good to bring the boy home :yo:

btw, matthew maybe you can keep me updated via blackberry messenger during the draft? maybe i can also point ville into the right direction that way :)

Yeah no problem at all Tony.... can you email me your PIN from your BB and I'll add you.. i have a new BB so my old PIN that you have no longer applies.

Dryden

Feb 27, 2002
Toronto
As I've mentioned before Josh will be drafting for me as i'll be in Indianapolis watching the U.S Grand prix

Ville Isopaa

Feb 27, 2002
Helsinki, Finland
Visit site
Should we set a time for a pre-draft chat? I'll try to be in the room as much as possible. Not only does it work as a great chance to talk trades, etc., but it's also a good chance to test the functions in the chat so that there are no technical problems during the draft.

Default101

Should we set a time for a pre-draft chat? I'll try to be in the room as much as possible. Not only does it work as a great chance to talk trades, etc., but it's also a good chance to test the functions in the chat so that there are no technical problems during the draft.

my alarm is set for 9:30am, i work at 5, but that should be a non issue for the draft i have 2 picks in the 1st, and 2 in the 2nd but unless something comes up i should be sticking around for all 3 rounds, depending on who's left on the board i may even try to trade up, as i have a 4th and a 5th that i could move.. too bad you can't be here Tony i know the draft is the highlight of your season, and it's really dissapointing you can't be here since you helped make this possible, see most of you tomorrow morning bright and early (atleast for me lol)

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad