2006 entry draft

cjbhab*

3 pm is still late though, isn't it usually at like 12 et.

Amadeus

Stand Witness
Jun 21, 2004
Toronto
They always seem to get a good player that falls! :banghead:

I hope they dont take Little though...

I can see them taking Sanguinetti actually!

RightKinger

Apr 25, 2006
Los Angeles
MaDdY said:
They always seem to get a good player that falls! :banghead:

I hope they dont take Little though...

I can see them taking Sanguinetti actually!
I would be happy with either of those guys. I think it will be Frolik.

Amadeus

Stand Witness
Jun 21, 2004
Toronto
I think they need defense more dont they?

They will go for Sanguinetti, i am sure. They already have a good crop of forwards in Kopitar, Frolov, Camalleri (sp?), and Tukonen...

RightKinger

Apr 25, 2006
Los Angeles
MaDdY said:

They will go for Sanguinetti, i am sure. They already have a good crop of forwards in Kopitar, Frolov, Camalleri (sp?), and Tukonen...
This is the NHL Draft not the NFL Draft. You pick the BPA. If that happens to be a defenseman then great but if a player like Kopitar or Tukonen falls to you then you have to take him IMO.

Amadeus

Stand Witness
Jun 21, 2004
Toronto
Its up to the team i guess. Sanguinetti is ranked 10th i believe, and Frolik has a lot of question marks.

RightKinger

Apr 25, 2006
Los Angeles
MaDdY said:
Its up to the team i guess. Sanguinetti is ranked 10th i believe, and Frolik has a lot of question marks.
I mean the teams rankings because I think every team has a list of players they want and when its their turn to pick they pick the highest ranked player left on their list. Is that how it works? :dunno:

Jovofan

Apr 26, 2006
Vancouver, BC
Wow, surprised how off topic this got so quickly, lol. I'm confused as to why the late start time as well. Every other draft I've watched has started at 9am PST and 12pm EST. 3pm is really late, especially if they're going to do a couple of rounds. I still haven't been able to find out any information on why it's starting so late, when I first read it I thought it was a typo.

inferno98

Mar 22, 2006
MaDdY said:

Not Sure if they will. Do they really want a Offensive D-man? They have Visnovsky.(I am not sure of his status with the team though) I think they will want a D-man that will shut a team down and score ocassionaly.

Amadeus

Stand Witness
Jun 21, 2004
Toronto
Wasnt Sanguinetti amazing in the OHL playoffs ?

That might raise his stock a bit and might go before LA. Then LA can take Frolik. I am pretty sure it'll either be Frolik or Sanguinetti.

Russian_fanatic

Jan 19, 2004
I hate it when teams pick someone on team needs. Who knows how your team plays or looks in 2 years. Take the BPA.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad