2006 Draft- WHo's up/Who's Down?

Gardak

Apr 22, 2007
Paris
12.Claude Giroux
Determination,skills and attitude is the key words. He's a true warrior despite his small frame. Works hard, drop his body around the ice. Never gives up. A player every coach dream of.

The funny thing is that i had a lot of doubts coming into last year's draft, but all i could think about was that Giroux was going to be a steal...and indeed he is.
Btw, was Fisher such a disappointment that he's not even in the top 30? After all he was the 18th choice overall last year, right?

KingKessel81

Oct 25, 2006
10.Phil Kessel
He got so much talent, so much speed and agility.. but rarely use it during a game. Scared to be touch. Cheats a lot along the boards. Rarely plays hard, can be selfish at times. Major dissapointment. Of course, he's 18 years old, fought cancer and played limited ice time with a not so good team; but he peaked imo. Needs to train hard and change his style if he wants to be a top 3 player.
This is one of the worst scouting reports I've ever seen. I'd stick to writing about prospects that you actually saw play and know about if I were you; posting 100% incorrect information only makes you look foolish. Peaked at 19 years old? LMAO. You said some other equally ridiculous things but I don't have time to point them all out.

Kessel's development was probably the brightest spot in an awful Bruins season.

Last edited:

CertifiedPublicGuin

Oct 21, 2005
This is one of the worst scouting reports I've ever seen. I'd stick to writing about prospects that you actually saw play and know about if I were you; posting 100% incorrect information only makes you look foolish. Peaked at 19 years old? LMAO. You said some other equally ridiculous things but I don't have time to point them all out.

Kessel's development was probably the brightest spot in an awful Bruins season.

I somewhat agree that he is off on his assessment, seeing how he stepped up and played pretty well towards the end of the season, being one of Boston's better players, but I think you're name might give away just a liiittle bit of bias... you obviously KNOW Kessel is KING so you don't need to go putting other people's work in the can... I especially like how you had no time to find another point, yet had 5 minutes to review your own post and edit it. Nice.:shakehead

Kritty

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
1.Jonathan Toews
He had such a great year in the ncaa, performed really well at the WJC and plays like a warrior at iihf moscow. He will be an all-star player for the 20 next years. Will be captain Canada because he's fluent in both languages.

2.Erik Johnson
Good season in U. of Minnesota. People expected a little bit more from him. Showed a lot of upside during the WJC. Very good on power-plays, but needs to work on his 1vs1 situations and pk.Still a blue chip prospect.

3.Jordan Staal
Dominant during pk. He is a very good two-way guy. Works hard, never gives up. Has great hands but needs to work on face-off. His shots are very accurate but needs to add more power to it. A very complete players that fans will love for his well-rounded game.

4.Nicklas Bäckström
Bäckström played very well for Brynäs this year. Had a terrefic WJC-20 but you can see he needs more time to ajust to N/A gamestyle. Not very good along boards, rarely crash to the net but still got awesome vision for lateral passes.I put him 4th but could go 3rd if he ajust himselft well to the nhl.

5.Kyle Okposo
Gosh i love this kid. He's so powerfull, nothing scares him. Always playing hard and tough to control. Might be a super-star in 3 years.

6.Derick Brassard
Injury keep Brassard off ice for a long time, but damn, he came back for playoff and you can see the warrior he is. Altho he's not big, he hits hard, plays like a bull. Great leadership and uses his speed. Keep his feet moving, always at the right place, awesome anticipation.

7.James Sheppard
I liked him last year. Now i'm a fan. He developed so much in a season, thats kinda strange. Hes now very dominant, look like a man among boys.

8.Peter Mueller
Had also a terrefic season.Good frame,nice vision but poor anticipation. I question his hockey sense. Very good on power-plays or breakaway .. but not that good on 5v5.

9.Jonathan Bernier
Great goaltenter. Agility is the main aspect of Bernier. A super quick glove, good stick-handling abilities. His focus on the game is great. Hard to distract, he got x-ray , can see through players. Never leave the puck away of his eyes. Great mobility and impressive reflexes. Needs to work on his mental preperation.

10.Phil Kessel
He got so much talent, so much speed and agility.. but rarely use it during a game. Scared to be touch. Cheats a lot along the boards. Rarely plays hard, can be selfish at times. Major dissapointment. Of course, he's 18 years old, fought cancer and played limited ice time with a not so good team; but he peaked imo. Needs to train hard and change his style if he wants to be a top 3 player.

11.Bryan Little
A true leader, great offensive dynamo. I see a Marc Savard in him.

12.Claude Giroux
Determination,skills and attitude is the key words. He's a true warrior despite his small frame. Works hard, drop his body around the ice. Never gives up. A player every coach dream of.

13.Andreas Nodl
Got impressive gears. Very agile,quick and aware. Neat anticipation and good hockey sense. Great hands.You can see this kid wants to win, whatever the price is.

14.Ryan White
A super gritty player,scores the garbage goals. Do not cares to break his noze, to bleed of lose some teeth to score a goal. Quiet but still has leadership ability.Works like a horse in 3 zones.Could be the next ryan smith.

15.Jay Barriball
Such a great player. Can lift the puck in half a second. His shots are deadly accurate. Has what I call an unique vision. One of the best hockey sense of the draft.

16.Nikolai Kulemin
17.Jamie McGinn
18.Francois Bouchard
19.Trevor Lewis
20.Jiri Tlusty
21.Nick Foligno
22.Ben Maxwell
23.Brad Marchand
24.Michal Neuvirth
25.Micheal Frolik
26.Michael Grabner
27.Alex Biega
28.Kaspars Daugavins
29.Mathieu Perreault
30.Jesse Joensuu

Oh man, this is so bad. Have you even seen half these guys play? Honestly dude. Bariball had a good first half and then was very average the second half. He is nowhere near the 1st round, maybe 3rd or 4th. Same with Biega, highly overrated. Sheppard ahead of Mueller and Kessel? haha, thanks for the laugh, good one there. An 18 year old that shows he can score at the NHL level and Mueller who shows dominating offensive skills all year. Ugly.

KingKessel81

Oct 25, 2006
I somewhat agree that he is off on his assessment, seeing how he stepped up and played pretty well towards the end of the season, being one of Boston's better players, but I think you're name might give away just a liiittle bit of bias... you obviously KNOW Kessel is KING so you don't need to go putting other people's work in the can... I especially like how you had no time to find another point, yet had 5 minutes to review your own post and edit it. Nice.:shakehead
This is just a user name, maybe you should not obsess over it so much that you go out of your way to point out I'm claiming Phil Kessel is a king when it means nothing? It doesn't mean "I KNOW Kessel is KING" at all, it is simply a user name to post on that is rather meaningless.

Am I biased? Sure, but I'm capable of putting my bias aside when evaluting a player. Something, based on his extremely inaccurate Phil Kessel assessment, Soldat Samsonov (a Habs fan) apparently was not in this case (or he just knows very little about Kessel and his rookie season).

I guess I'm caught on the "I don't have time" thing. I did have (some) time, I just felt that his entire Kessel assessment was filled with inaccurate information and was barely worth the response I gave.

I actually liked his top 15 (even if I didn't agree with the rankings, it was a decent read) list a lot, it was just kind of ruined by the fact that he clearly either:
A.) put no effort at all into his Kessel assessment and just decided to make things up (and I returned the "favor" with a post including equally as little effort) so he could complete his list.
or
B.) blatantly made things up because he (likely, being a Habs fan) hates the Bruins.

Everything but "He got so much talent, so much speed and agility" was pretty ridiculous in his Kessel assessment.

CertifiedPublicGuin

Oct 21, 2005
Fair enough. I even made a point to first agree with you; I just found it quite ironic that you didn't seem to have a problem with the rest, but blew him apart because he didn't like what he saw in Kessel.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad