2006 - 2007 Awards

Ohio Jones

Game on...
Feb 28, 2002
Great White North
Ask, and ye shall receive! ;)

The HFNHL is pleased to announce the following award winners from the 2006-07 season and playoffs:

- Stanley Cup (HFNHL Champions): Ottawa Senators
- Prince of Wales trophy (Eastern Conference Champions): Ottawa Senators
- Clarence Campbell bowl (Western Conference Champions): Dallas Stars
- President's Trophy (points leader, regular season): St. Louis Blues (114 points)
- Art Ross trophy (top scorer, regular season): Simon Gagne, Philadelphia Flyers (104 points) - Back-to-back scoring leaders for Philly, whose Todd Bertuzzi claimed the trophy last season!
- Maurice Richard trophy (most goals, regular season): Marian Gaborik, New Jersey Devils (54 goals) - another back-to-back team win, as the Devils' Kovalchuk won it in 2005-06
- William Jennings Trophy (goalies sharing lowest GAA, regular season): Marty Turco and Mathieu Garon, Boston Bruins (2.00 gaa) - yet again a team repeat: the Blues won this last year with Turco, Osgood and a 2.01 gaa!

We are now taking nominations for the remaining trophies to be awarded, which are detailed below. Please take some time to review the season and playoff records and then vote for who you feel is the most deserving of the awards. The catch is that you cannot vote for someone from your own team. Winners are determined based on most votes received.

Please do a little research and submit your votes by 11:59 PM EST (GMT -5) on Wednesday June 27th. Nominations should be submitted by e-mail to [email protected]. Results will be announced in the following days leading up to the free agency period.

Those teams whose players or staff receive awards earn $100,000 for each honor received... but ONLY if that team participates in the voting process!

The awards are as follows:

- Steve Wright Memorial Trophy (top GM, named in memory of the late GM of the HFNHL Ottawa Senators)
- Calder Memorial Trophy (top rookie, regular season)
- Hart Memorial Trophy (MVP, regular season)
- Lady Byng Memorial Trophy (most gentlemanly player, regular season)
- James Norris Trophy (top defenceman, regular season)
- Frank J. Selke Trophy (top defensive forward, regular season)
- Georges Vezina Trophy (top goalie, regular season)
- Conn Smythe Trophy (MVP, playoffs)
- 1st team HFNHL All-Stars (3 forwards, 2 defensemen, 1 goalie)

(Notes: The Jack Adams trophy (top coach, regular season) is SUSPENDED for the 06/07 season, as the coach function was not enabled due to technical problems. All other league awards from the NHL are not really suited to the HFNHL sim environment – e.g. the Bill Masterton Trophy for perseverance.)

Award junkies, start your pitches!

SensGod

Feb 27, 2002
Scotia Bank Place
Visit site
Well...I'll start the pimping of my players.

Calder Memorial Trophy: Derek Roy. He gave Crosby a run for his money during the regular season points wise for a while, but Roy really showed his stuff in the playoffs by being one of the cogs of the Stars machine that marched to the finals.

Hart Memorial Trophy: Bryan McCabe: 92 points, +67 for a defenceman. I think that is enough said.

Lady Byng Memorial Trophy: Martin St.Louis: 8 penalty minutes all season long.

James Norris Trophy: Bryan McCabe See above. Scored, was not a defenisve liabilty and was a physical presence all season long.

Frank J. Selke Trophy: Alexei Yashin :biglaugh::biglaugh::biglaugh::biglaugh::biglaugh: I'm sorry...as a Sens fan...this is one of the hardest things I've ever typed in my freaking LIFE! But you can't argue with him being a +50 this season on an offensively challenged team.

Georges Vezina Trophy: Mikka Kiprusoff Lead the Stars to a division title this year. His number were not the best in the league, but his stability and consistant play should be taken into consideration.

Conn Smythe Trophy: Mikka Kiprusoff: He was the ONLY reason that the Stars made it to the finals. He brought the Stars back in the 1st round from being down 3 games and didn't stop until the cheapshotting Senators injured him in the finals.

Good Luck to everyone with the draft and the awards.

Cheers,

LT

Brock

Feb 27, 2002
The GTA
ohlprospects.blogspot.com
The only guy I can pimp is Marek Svatos for the Calder. He lead all rookies in goals scored with 38. His 38 goals were also tied for 8th in the entire HFNHL. Also, his 12 Power play goals were tied for 4th in the entire HFNHL!

Ville Isopaa

Feb 27, 2002
Helsinki, Finland
Visit site
Here are a few to consider:

Calder Trophy
Sidney Crosby
- 1st among rookies and 36th in the league in points (80)
- 2nd among rookies and 14th in the league in goals (36)
- 2nd in the league in shots (261)
- 3rd among rookies in assists (44)
- 8th in the league in Game winning goals (7)
- 13th among forwards in hits (161)
- 18th in the league in power play goals (10)

Norris Trophy
Lubomir Visnovsky
- 4th among defensemen in points (67) and assists (56)

Lady Byng
Vyacheslav Kozlov
- 53 points and 20 penalty minutes in 72 games

Donga

Feb 28, 2002
Visit site
Well...I'll start the pimping of my players.

Calder Memorial Trophy: Derek Roy. He gave Crosby a run for his money during the regular season points wise for a while, but Roy really showed his stuff in the playoffs by being one of the cogs of the Stars machine that marched to the finals.

Hart Memorial Trophy: Bryan McCabe: 92 points, +67 for a defenceman. I think that is enough said.

Lady Byng Memorial Trophy: Martin St.Louis: 8 penalty minutes all season long.

James Norris Trophy: Bryan McCabe See above. Scored, was not a defenisve liabilty and was a physical presence all season long.

Frank J. Selke Trophy: Alexei Yashin :biglaugh::biglaugh::biglaugh::biglaugh::biglaugh: I'm sorry...as a Sens fan...this is one of the hardest things I've ever typed in my freaking LIFE! But you can't argue with him being a +50 this season on an offensively challenged team.

Georges Vezina Trophy: Mikka Kiprusoff Lead the Stars to a division title this year. His number were not the best in the league, but his stability and consistant play should be taken into consideration.

Conn Smythe Trophy: Mikka Kiprusoff: He was the ONLY reason that the Stars made it to the finals. He brought the Stars back in the 1st round from being down 3 games and didn't stop until the cheapshotting Senators injured him in the finals.

Good Luck to everyone with the draft and the awards.

Cheers,

LT

Mate.... Great minds think a like... Thats how I would have voted :teach:... Do I even get a vote? :D

Ohio Jones

Game on...
Feb 28, 2002
Great White North
Wish I could say there was even a single person on the Jackets worthy of consideration, but there wasn't. :(

I've got votes from 6 teams (including myself) - one week to go!

SPG

Feb 27, 2002
Utica, NY
Visit site

:lol:

Maybe we should institute a minimum DF rating for players under consideration for the Selke.

Ohio Jones

Game on...
Feb 28, 2002
Great White North
Shame on those of you who had players that performed well this season (i.e. teams other than Columbus!) - so very few of you pimping your players for the HNHL Awards!!

Almost as few voting. To date I have still to hear from the following teams:

BOS
BUF
MTL
TOR
NYI
PHI
ATL
TAM
WAS
DET
STL
CGY
COL
EDM
MIN
VAN
LAK
PHX
SJS
... and CHI, although I'm going to give Dryden a break on this one! (After all, breaks seem to be on the menu for him these days...)

Get your votes in to [email protected], folks, or you cheat yourself out of easy money. 1 day left.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad