2005 Eligible, Scouting reports.

Status
Not open for further replies.

X-SHARKIE

I have seen a few players that are 2005 eligible. Here are my thoughts on some heavily hyped players. You all know the story on Crosby

C Gilbert Brule: First off let me say, The hype on this guy could be defaning if it wasn't for Crosby stealing the show. Brule is an amazing, elite talent that by the looks of it, could go #1 overall in most drafts IMO. This guy has it all, He's not big, They have him listed at 5-10 176, but you would never notice. This guy well punish you, You touch the puck, he's going to finish his check on you, I love his game, he's got an edge, and agression, a passion to it. Such a strong player on the puck, An excelent skater. Very quick, has elite acceleration and he is a very fast player, He also uses his speed very effectively. Amazing hands, he can make defensman look bad. He has a flair to his game, he's not all power and heart, Gilbert has some elite hands. He can go end to end. Amazing shooting arsenal. Hit the pipe twice, on two monster slap shots. Scored in the 2nd period, made the goalie look scared then put it between the legs. Awesome. Very creative as well, can sit his man up for gimme goals witch he did. He's a nasty, competiive player in the corners, much like Forsberg. Alot of fun to watch. After watching him play, it makes me wonder if Crosby is that big of a lock? Next years WJC should be very interesting if both are invited.

F Guillaume Latendresse...... Towering forward, very big, has the body of a powerforward, and plays like one. Like Brule, he loves the rough stuff. Hits alot and hard, Goes right in front of the net or in the corners. A player that simply is a monster and even defensman that are very physically mature can't seem to handle him down low. Makes room for his teamates, Sets them up very well. Good hands, not in the same league as Brule, but he can dangle the puck at times. Great shooting selection. Has a strong snap and wrist shot. Used his back hand twice. Awesome vision, and great creativitiy with the puck. Passes are crisp and on the tape. Has a real prescense on the ice, when he's out there he makes things happens, and his line mates better. Strong two way player, thats very competive and helpfull in his own end. Very smart player. Won't burn you with his wheels, but he's a solid all around skater, with good agility, top speed is strong, but first step isn't quite there yet. Sorta reminded me of Todd Bertuzzi.

PensFan68

May 6, 2003
Pittsburgh
Visit site
Next years draft is really looking nice right now. Looks like anyone in the top 10 can get a franchise type guy. Is the whole draft deep, or is it top heavy?

X-SHARKIE

There already is a great crop of players that look 1st round worthy. 2005 looks like it's going to be one great 1st round, but after that it's to early to tell IMO.

The draft has the best 1-2 punch I've seen since I was ready for the 1997 draft IMO. Plus after that you can find some great players. The Q is going to have an insane year and so is Finland.

monster_bertuzzi

May 26, 2003
Vancouver
Visit site
PensFan68 said:
Next years draft is really looking nice right now. Looks like anyone in the top 10 can get a franchise type guy. Is the whole draft deep, or is it top heavy?

2005 has amazing top-end talent but the depth pool just doesnt compare to 2003 or 2001. 2005 reminds me of the 2000 draft.

moosefan

Feb 27, 2002
Halifax, Nova Scotia
monster_bertuzzi said:
2005 has amazing top-end talent but the depth pool just doesnt compare to 2003 or 2001. 2005 reminds me of the 2000 draft.

I don't know about that, I think it could be just as deep as 2003 but with a better 1st round which is hard to imagin.

Rabid Ranger

2 is better than one
Feb 27, 2002
Murica
Postman said:
When you were 9?

I was watching Iron Chef the other night and the Italian challenger became head chef at a three star restaurant at age 13 so anything's possible.

Form and Substance

Jun 11, 2004
X-SHARKIE said:
The Q is going to have an insane year QUOTE]

How so? I can't think of many players outside Crosby, Bourret, Latendresse, Elayoubi, Charland and maybe Pare that are worthy of mention, and they're all small! Except Guy of course. Oh and Kenzie Sheppard is small too. I'd like a list to prove me wrong.

Flames Draft Watcher

Feb 27, 2002
Calgary
Visit site
Leachmeister2000 said:
X-SHARKIE said:

How so? I can't think of many players outside Crosby, Bourret, Latendresse, Elayoubi, Charland and maybe Pare that are worthy of mention, and they're all small! Except Guy of course. Oh and Kenzie Sheppard is small too. I'd like a list to prove me wrong.

Redline seem to have J.P. Lavasseur, J.P. Paquet, Andricopoulos, and Bourdon all quite high. Strange that you didn't mention any of them. Haven't seen them myself but obviously you aren't impressed I take it.

Pekka Lampinen

Feb 27, 2002
Helsinki
Visit site
X-SHARKIE said:
...an insane year and so is Finland.

Not quite. In comparison to this year, I'd rank that top

1. Tukonen
2. Tuukka Rask
3. Teemu Laakso
4. Nokelainen
5. Risto Korhonen
6. Korpikoski
7. Lepistö

Beyond that, the depth is pretty similar. The fact that no forward seems to have second line upside is disappointing especially considering the country's needs.

zecke26

Jan 16, 2003
X-SHARKIE said:
The draft has the best 1-2 punch I've seen since I was ready for the 1997 draft IMO. Plus after that you can find some great players. The Q is going to have an insane year and so is Finland.

you can add sweden who has some nice 05 eligibles. frontrunner is bergfors.

LaLaLaprise

lalalaprise -twitter
Feb 28, 2002
Halifax, Nova Scotia
Leachmeister2000 said:
X-SHARKIE said:

You missed a bunch and Elayoubi wont even be picked.

The Q will have 2 for sure top 3 picks...plus maybe another in top 10 and probably 4 more in top 30. That is 6-7 guys in rd 1.

I can list them off but i think Flames Draft Watcher did a good job.

I watched Sheppard about 60 games over the last 2 years....he isnt small he is average sized. 6'00 195

LaLaLaprise

lalalaprise -twitter
Feb 28, 2002
Halifax, Nova Scotia
I got bored so here are the top 2005 QMJHL picks in order:

1. Sidney Crosby - F - 5'10 180 - Rimouski
2. Guillaume Latendresse - F - 6'02 215 - Drummondville
3. Luc Bourdon - D - 6'03 200 - Val D'or
4. Ryan Mior - G - 6'01 180 - PEI
5. Jean-Phillipe Lavasseur - G - 6'00 170 - Rouyn-Noranda
6. Jean-Phillipe Paquet - D - 6'03 200 - Shawinigan
7. Alex Bourret - F - 5'11 200 - Lewiston
8. Andrew Androcopolous - D - 6'01 190 - Quebec
9. Francis Gurette-Charland - F - 6'00 170 - Victoriaville
10. Alexandre Vincent - G - 6'04 210 - Chicoutimi
11. Tyler Hawes - F - 6'03 210 - PEI
12. Justin Saulnier - F - 5'10 171 - Halifax
13. Marc-Andre Gragnani - D - 6'00 170 - PEI
14. Marc-Andre Cote - F - 5'10 175 - Bathurst
15. Mathieu Roy - F - 6'00 190 - Bathurst
16. Kenzie Sheppard - F - 6'00 195 - Halifax
17. Phil Cote - F - 6'01 195 - Baie-Comeau
18. Jordan Clendenning - F - 5'10 175 - Bathurst
19. Francis Pare - F - 5'10 172 - Shawinigan
20. Marc-Andre Doirion - D - 6'00 170 - Bathurst
21. Marc-Andre Cliche - F - 6'00 180 - Lewiston
22. Francois Bolduc - D - 6'03 215 - Rimouski
23. Chad Denny - D - 6'01 202 - Lewiston
24. Maxime Lincourt - F - 6'01 200 - Quebec
25. Marc-Edouard Vlasic - D - 6'00 170 - Quebec
26. Maxime Roy-Dessreussiux - G - 6'02 170 - Rimouski
27. Nicolas Blanchard - F - 6'02 170 - Chicouitmi
28. Maxime Lacroix - F - 5'11 177 - Quebec
29. Gaby Roch - F - 5'11 174 - Gatineau
30. Maxim Noreau - D - 5'11 180 - Victoriaville
31. Mathieu Labrie - D - 6'02 200 - Bathurst
32. Jean-Francois Breault - D - 6'04 200 - Halifax
33. Dean Ouellet - F - 5'10 170 - Cape Breton
34. Romy Elayoubi - F - 5'10 170 - Chicouitmi
35. Francois Therieult - F - 6'01 180 - Cape Breton
36. Kristofer Letang - D - 5'11 170 - Val D'or
37. Steven Goulet - F - 6'04 200 - Bathurst
38. Brent MacSween - F - 6'04 200 - Chicoutimi
39. Francis Verrault-Paul - 5'09 160 - Chicoutimi
40. Francois Proteau - G - 5'10 170 - Cape Breton

I COULD have missed someone, if you see someone obvious sticking out to you tell me.

PS: CHSB...i didnt forget Mathieu Carle, he is 2006 eligible.

Rahan

May 27, 2003
Chicoutimi
Visit site
La-La-Laprise said:
You missed a bunch and Elayoubi wont even be picked.

Looks like we've seen the same player! :)

Hopefully for the sags he will have some impact next year, because otherwise they really screwed up on that first pick.

LaLaLaprise

lalalaprise -twitter
Feb 28, 2002
Halifax, Nova Scotia
rahan said:

Hopefully for the sags he will have some impact next year, because otherwise they really screwed up on that first pick.

LOL :) Well Elayoubi still has a shot because he is very skilled, but you cant make it on skill alone.

Yeah you guys should have picked a dman...like Paquet or Carle. But hindsight is 20/20

Beatnik

Sep 2, 2002
Québec
Visit site
rahan said:

It's not even sure he'll play next year. He don't like the kind of hockey they ask him to play now. He'll take the decision if he focus on hockey or school this summer.

Rahan

May 27, 2003
Chicoutimi
Visit site
Beatnik said:
It's not even sure he'll play next year. He don't like the kind of hockey they ask him to play now. He'll take the decision if he focus on hockey or school this summer.

Are you fking kidding me? Wow, what a waste, I didn't know he lacked desire THAT much. All Martel asks is to be responsible defensively and hit a bit. If he's afraid to do both, he has no place on my team and I'll be happy if he doesn't come back for us this fall.

Beatnik

Sep 2, 2002
Québec
Visit site
rahan said:
Are you fking kidding me? Wow, what a waste, I didn't know he lacked desire THAT much. All Martel asks is to be responsible defensively and hit a bit. If he's afraid to do both, he has no place on my team and I'll be happy if he doesn't come back for us this fall.

I heard it from a radio host (animateur?) who is a personnal friend of Martel and is also close to Elayoubi.
If he choose hockey and go totally for it he could come back at top but don't bet on it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad