2005 Draftees in NHL next year?

Status
Not open for further replies.

trahans99

Apr 7, 2004
Home of the 2005 Memorial Cup
Hypothetically speaking, if the NHL and NHLPA reach a deal and there is a draft and season next year, are there any player who would be drafted and make the jump to the NHL right away? I already know Crosby, I guess i'm really asking about Brule, would he be able to make the jump next season? Are there any others that may (Jack Johnson)?

Rabid Ranger

2 is better than one
Feb 27, 2002
Murica
trahans99 said:
Hypothetically speaking, if the NHL and NHLPA reach a deal and there is a draft and season next year, are there any player who would be drafted and make the jump to the NHL right away? I already know Crosby, I guess i'm really asking about Brule, would he be able to make the jump next season? Are there any others that may (Jack Johnson)?

There's no way Johnson does. He's attending Michigan next year.

McDonald19

Sep 9, 2003
California
Maybe this is bad logic, but people here are saying Brule won't make the World Junior team this year...so how is he going to be good enough to make the jump to the NHL?

Epsilon

#basta
Oct 26, 2002
South Cackalacky
Apart from Crosby and some European overage picks, my guess is almost no one. Without a season this year teams have lots of players from the past few drafts who are getting seasoned in the minors and are ready to make the jump and there won't be much space for 2005 picks. Of course, a few unexpected ones will be there right out of the gate, there always are (Burns, Bergeron, etc.).

Crosbyfan

Nov 27, 2003
Epsilon said:
Apart from Crosby and some European overage picks, my guess is almost no one. Without a season this year teams have lots of players from the past few drafts who are getting seasoned in the minors and are ready to make the jump and there won't be much space for 2005 picks. Of course, a few unexpected ones will be there right out of the gate, there always are (Burns, Bergeron, etc.).

Are you expecting less than two years worth of retirements over the last two years due to a lockout effect?

VanW27

Jun 9, 2003
Canada
Crosbyfan said:
Are you expecting less than two years worth of retirements over the last two years due to a lockout effect?

This question wasn't directed at me but i doubt you will see double the retirements A lot of players who may have reitered this past summer may play an extra year now that they have had so much time off to rest and heal.

moosefan

Feb 27, 2002
Halifax, Nova Scotia
McDonald19 said:
Maybe this is bad logic, but people here are saying Brule won't make the World Junior team this year...so how is he going to be good enough to make the jump to the NHL?

Eric Staal got cut from the world junior team for Canada when it was here in Halifax and so did Nathan Horton and they both made the NHL right after getting drafted, so there goes that theory then. the world junior team especially in a year with so many already drafted and older players plus the fact of alot of returning players well it is going to send guys like Brule down the list and off the team.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad