2004 Quebec Midget Draft.......James Sheppard ..........

Status
Not open for further replies.

LaLaLaprise

lalalaprise -twitter
Feb 28, 2002
Halifax, Nova Scotia
99999 said:
Speaking about scout Iwas told by scouts that were at the prospects game in New Brunswick That their wasn't a player there that was ready for the Q also to set the record straight I think Shep and Galagher are good players and if they get into the Q and they fight,score hit and do a good job Iwill call them the total package like Saulnier

Saulnier isnt really the total package...he is offensive but poor defensivly. Well he was at 15, a year under coach Shawn McKenzie taught him a lot about the other zone.

Yeah scouts have different opinions but out of all the draft eligible player Sheppard is the one that has all the tools to go far, not only in the Q but pro hockey.

This is a poor year in terms of franchise players but you dont really understand how good Sheppard is until you watch him a few times. He isnt flashy or anything so you'd need to watch him closely. He does all the little things.

Its like comparing Joe Thornton to Sergei Samsonov...Samsonov is flashy but Thornton can play in all 3 zones and physically beat you.

LaLaLaprise

lalalaprise -twitter
Feb 28, 2002
Halifax, Nova Scotia
hockey observer said:
Just seeing this post about Gallagher now...Blake started slow this year but by xmas had adjusted and settled in.....I think he had a good year and would probably have gone in the top 20 if he had committed to the Q....i WOULD NOT SAY he was a bust by any means...He had a great second half and will have an even better season with DArtmouth next year.....I wonder if the right team took him by round 5.....lol,,,

As far as Mr. Sheppard goes....he only scored 70 points this year.....he could of had 150 if he wanted but in my opinion, he made him self a better all round player and will be rewarded because of this....I believe he has had good advice>>>he has used the league to market himself not only as a player but a quality person as well and is ready to deliver at the next level....

As far as the Dartmouth Subways goes this past season...Brad Marchand was probably the most consistent player who scored lots of goals on his own ability(and will look good in a Moncton uniform), Sheppard was Sheppard; Hillier is very skilled ,will go in first round,but will have trouble adjusting away from home; Bona rode the pines late in season and cannot figure out why he is ranked so high>>whoever takes him early will have to give him 18 months to adjust because I think that is how long it will take; and Bonderchuk has turned out to be a very good player who should be a steal for whoever takes him this year...

That is my opinion....and by the way, the NS MAAA awards banquet is this afternoon...watch for Sheppard and Marchand to go to Rookie team....Chris Wall to get top goalie who was 22-0 ay one point, Sheppard to get top rookie and quite possible MVP in the whole league.....However, there is also the possibility that they wouldn't give it to a one year kid... lol enjoy....have a good mother's day be kind to your mom and keep it friendly,,, but real.....

I agree with pretty much everything you said.

Sheppard had 200 pts in Bantam AAA and he was told he needs to get stronger defensivly....he really used his first year in AAA to work on that part of his game and he still managed to put up excellent numbers.

Rumours are that both Gallagher and Marchand will be going NCAA but Halifax is planning on using 2 of their 4th rd picks to take them both.

Mar 10, 2004
La-La-Laprise said:
Steve Dixon had 60 pts in the same league and he made the WJHC team at age 18.

Shep had like 70 some pts.

Plus Shep isnt all out offense. He is the Complete Package. He is big, plays physical, is a leader and is great in the defensive zone.

Cape-Breton is picking him #1 if they can work out a school agreement.

Also how can you call Gallagher a bust? He is 15 and yet to even play a game in Major Junior.
Gallagher is a bust!!!!! Which one of these players doesn't belong? He is so tiny, weak and scared. We all knew he would never be drafted. Yes, he can skate fast and has good skill, but watch when someone gets up on him. Like taking candy from a baby.

LaLaLaprise

lalalaprise -twitter
Feb 28, 2002
Halifax, Nova Scotia
99999 said:
Gallagher is a bust!!!!! Which one of these players doesn't belong? He is so tiny, weak and scared. We all knew he would never be drafted. Yes, he can skate fast and has good skill, but watch when someone gets up on him. Like taking candy from a baby.

You should get your facts straight son.

gallagher is going Prep school next year and told QMJHL teams dont bother drafting him because he wouldnt report.

He is carrying a very young Dartmouth team on his back right now.

And by you calling him scared and weak shows exactly what you know, which is nothing. The kid is gritty and he goes into the corners, despite being 5'08.

Mar 10, 2004
La-La-Laprise said:
You should get your facts straight son.

gallagher is going Prep school next year and told QMJHL teams dont bother drafting him because he wouldnt report.

He is carrying a very young Dartmouth team on his back right now.

And by you calling him scared and weak shows exactly what you know, which is nothing. The kid is gritty and he goes into the corners, despite being 5'08.
First of all in case you don't read the news papers "They all say that" and then go to the teams they were hoping to get on. Gallagher wasn't even on the draft list. As far as you saying that's because they knew he was going to prep school, again I will inform you that has been said time and time again and they still get drafted or indeed go to prep school. Take Cheverie the goalie, that was his line and he indeed is attending prep school. Gallagher is not able to carry the Subways this year. Have you watched any games to date? I am not bashing this kid, I did say he has skill, but he is only a jr A player at best like his dad or maybe prep school. Funny we haven't learned of the prep school who is interested, funny he is not attending, and funny he is not able to even break the 100 point mark like all the greats before him on the subways. I have my facts straight trust me.

Mar 10, 2004
Sorry, he was 354 on the draft list. Wow, he really was going to go wasn't he? When you are that low you better come up with a line or how embarrassing.

LaLaLaprise

lalalaprise -twitter
Feb 28, 2002
Halifax, Nova Scotia
99999 said:
First of all in case you don't read the news papers "They all say that" and then go to the teams they were hoping to get on. Gallagher wasn't even on the draft list. As far as you saying that's because they knew he was going to prep school, again I will inform you that has been said time and time again and they still get drafted or indeed go to prep school. Take Cheverie the goalie, that was his line and he indeed is attending prep school. Gallagher is not able to carry the Subways this year. Have you watched any games to date? I am not bashing this kid, I did say he has skill, but he is only a jr A player at best like his dad or maybe prep school. Funny we haven't learned of the prep school who is interested, funny he is not attending, and funny he is not able to even break the 100 point mark like all the greats before him on the subways. I have my facts straight trust me.

Blah Blah Blah. It seems you are the ONLY one who doesnt like Blake, could it be because you arent as good as him? Perhaps Jealousy issues?

He is BARELY 5'08, he is smart to go prep school. And Ever since October last year Blake had his heart set on that. I work in the league i should know, especially what goes on down here.

LaLaLaprise

lalalaprise -twitter
Feb 28, 2002
Halifax, Nova Scotia
99999 said:
Sorry, he was 354 on the draft list. Wow, he really was going to go wasn't he? When you are that low you better come up with a line or how embarrassing.

Its simple, players got ranked a lot lower than what they were talent wise because of NCAA.

There were plenty players who werent given respect in the rankings because of NCAA commitments.

Matt Eagles who was going NCAA all along was ranked low.
Bryce Swan who had a full ride at Yale on the table was ranked low.

And please dont use the QMJHL CSR list as a means to rate players. 8 people who have no clue what they are doing make that list. Players that were rated in rd 2 didnt get picked until rd 13 and players ranked to not even be picked (Other 15 year olds) were drafted as high as rd 2!!!

Perhaps you should learn something about the league and the way it operates before you run your mouth. This has jealousy issues written all over it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad