2002 Late Round Gem?

Status
Not open for further replies.

tiredman

Nov 10, 2003
JONATHAN FERLAND ( Selected by Montreal Canadiens round 7 #212 overall) WASN'T A BAD CHOICE TOO

Robert Paulson*

Patrick Bartschi (7th Round, #202 overall) was a very good pick for the Pens.

Bad News Benning

Fallin for Dahlin?
Jan 11, 2003
Victoria
Visit site
Ilia Krikunov, 7th round, 223rd overall.

Watch out for him on the Russian World Junior team, could be a big surprise, especially playing with Ovechkin. 7 goals, 7 assists for 14 points so far in 27 games with Khimik of the RSL.

thestonedkoala

Matthew Lombardi- 90th Overall
Derek Krestanovich- 92nd Overall
Aaron Rome- 104th Overall
Matt Foy- 175th Overall*
Ian White- 191st Overall
Christoph Brandner- 237th Overall
Mika Hannula- 269th Overall*
-----
We all know our respective teams prospects, so I'm sorry if I missed any of yours.

*= Foy is a mystery. He has been hampered by a nagging groin injury earlier this year and seems to disappear after posting huge numbers after a game or two. It remains to be seen if he can stay consistant at this level and might need a lot more work.

*= Hannula rocks! He is a banger! He is going to be a great 3rd line/4th line winger. High energy that hits everything but won't knock a guy off his skates. Will chip in the odd goals but will hit anything in site. I'm really high on this guy being a good piece of the Wild's future. He's nothing like Tootoo but has the sort of energy I see associated with the guy.

Jamie

Mar 2, 2002
Victoria, BC
Visit site
USC Trojans said:
Two of the Oiler's late round picks in 2002

Fredrick Johansson - 274th overall
Dwight Helminen - 244th overall
As an Oiler fan my pick is Johansson, but looking at a league wide picture, I really like both Foy and Bartschi, both look to be big steals IMO.

May 1, 2003
Visit site
I think Tomas Kollar was solid pick up For the Detroit Red Wings in 7th round 226th overall, he's a strong skater who puts up descent and is a good forechecker

Jeff Goldblum

Apr 19, 2002
Visit site
The Pens had a great draft. Bartschi was considered one of the best prospects in the Swiss League, and had a great WJC showing. Talbot was among the league leaders in points in the QMJHL. And Goepfert also had an outstanding WJC performance for the US, and was considered the second best goalie there (behind Fleury).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad