Prospect Info: #20 Prospect

#20 Prospect

• Total voters

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
Almari wins #19 comfortably. This will be the last prospect poll since we're about to start the season.

1. Poulin (53%)
2. POJ (74.4%)
3. Hallander (48.3%)
4. Legare (24.7% in first poll, 43.8% in runoff)
5. Clang (33.3%)
6. Zohorna (30.7%)
7. Broz (28.8%)
8. Blomqvist (29.2%)
9. O'Connor (34.5% in first poll, 65% in runoff)
10. Puustinen (67.4%)
11. Lindberg (72.5%)
12. Lee (32.5%)
13. Bellerive (36.4%)
14. Gruden (39.3%)
15. Bjorkqvist (29.4%)
16. Reilly (30.3%)
17. Svejkovsky (40%)
18. Tankov (55%)
19. Almari (50%)

Reactions: Randy Butternubs

FreeBobbyFarnham

Jun 16, 2015
Montreal
People are writing off Maniscalco already? I know that he's on his way to Wheeling, but he's also still relatively young and only played 8 AHL games last year during a pandemic.

Peat

Jun 14, 2016
People are writing off Maniscalco already? I know that he's on his way to Wheeling, but he's also still relatively young and only played 8 AHL games last year during a pandemic.

That's the problem. Only 8 games. Reilly and Lee were regulars. I dunno what they don't like about Maniscalco's goal, but this is a bad sign for me, and compared to the guys left, yeah I'd have him low.

I went with Belliveau.

Reactions: Andy99

Ryder71

Nov 24, 2017
I was really, really anxious about this list. I always get excited to see who's our 13th best prospect according to the brain trust here. Love it! But are we legitimately concerned about number 20? I mean 13 I can see. Even though chances are less than five percent that either gets a sniff of the league I find our 13th best prospect absolutely compelling!!! But number 20? Not so much. So why am I even here? Boredom I suppose.

Reactions: Andy99

FreeBobbyFarnham

Jun 16, 2015
Montreal
That's the problem. Only 8 games. Reilly and Lee were regulars. I dunno what they don't like about Maniscalco's goal, but this is a bad sign for me, and compared to the guys left, yeah I'd have him low.

I went with Belliveau.

Lee and Reilly are also 2 years older, but I understand your reasoning. The thing is Maniscalco could light up the ECHL (or play very well) for a couple months, get called up and the hype train would be back on provided he sticks around in WB permanently. Guys like Caulfield have yet to reach the level of success Maniscalco had in the ECHL.

Peat

Jun 14, 2016
Lee and Reilly are also 2 years older, but I understand your reasoning. The thing is Maniscalco could light up the ECHL (or play very well) for a couple months, get called up and the hype train would be back on provided he sticks around in WB permanently. Guys like Caulfield have yet to reach the level of success Maniscalco had in the ECHL.

Sure, but every guy could start a hype train if their season goes well. Caulfield could have a near ppg season and people would get hyped by that.

You could argue people are discounting a guy who's had a far better NCAA career than Caulfield due to a rocky start that could easily go right and I'd listen, but I think all of these guys have about the same potential to go off right now.

Fwiw, if I was inclined to go Maniscalco, I think most of the same arguments would go even more for Drozg who's the same age or a year younger (I forget), has the same raw unshaped skill, but has weathered his introduction to the pro ranks a bit better (and tbh, I think orgs would be better off telling guys like him to go back for another year of junior, or even Europe). And Caulfield's low down my list here.

CheckingLineCenter

Aug 10, 2018
I say Judd. Not a ton of talent but doesn’t have any fatal flaws to overcome, checks all the major boxes.

- size
- brain
- acceptable skating
- complete game

His #s aren’t much but he’s a good college player. Doesn’t make him a good NHL prospect but I take him over the other options. Also I like that he’s been on very successful teams.

Reactions: steelcityassault

HandshakeLine

A real jerk thing
Nov 9, 2005
Praha, CZ
I’m not writing him off. It’s just that we have a prospect named Judd

27Vq.gif

Peat

Jun 14, 2016
Idly wonder how much higher DOC would have been if we'd held the vote after camp.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad