Speculation: 20% Into The Season

Sparksrus3

Jun 2, 2012
Ladd is making 7.5 mill this year in actual $$$$
20 percent is 1.5 mill for 6 points . WELL DONE !!

If and its a big if , but if JT leaves this loser will be captain
For 100 percent of the next 5 years

He made 8 mill last year.

I can only think that Andrew Ladd follows my posts .
( not really )

Without getting to much into it in this thread but
he played a great game against the Blues .
65 more efforts like last night will absolutely help the team

Reactions: Keyserfrans

steveat

Jun 4, 2011
Yeah...I am beginning to think that the rest of the season will not remotely look like the first 6 weeks of the season.

We've seen way too many high scoring games which I think will decrease by a lot as the season progresses and Goalies were getting pummelled..I see Goalies in general get better numbers as the season goes on.

WagnerGrad96

Mar 30, 2016
West Islip, New York
Everything in the first post on this thread was sorta negated by the next night's game. But then they can be perfectly valid next week but negated again the next night . . .

leeroggy

Jan 3, 2010
Everything in the first post on this thread was sorta negated by the next night's game. But then they can be perfectly valid next week but negated again the next night . . .

Yeah, but if you watched that game with a fair eye we were pretty fortunate it didn't turn around against us. St. Louis got far too many great looks in the last half of the game and kept hitting posts and crossbars. Looks great in the standings but we did get a little lucky there too. Greiss stepped up like in San Jose but we need more than one solid net game in a row.

Doshell Propivo

Dec 5, 2005
Yeah, but if you watched that game with a fair eye we were pretty fortunate it didn't turn around against us. St. Louis got far too many great looks in the last half of the game and kept hitting posts and crossbars. Looks great in the standings but we did get a little lucky there too. Greiss stepped up like in San Jose but we need more than one solid net game in a row.
Our goalies have been underwhelming so far. I'd commit to making one of them the number one for a few weeks. Right now that looks like Griess. Give him the start for 4 or 5 games in a row and see if knowing it's his job to lose gives him more confidence.

Reactions: WagnerGrad96

12Dog

Feb 14, 2013
Remember the Rangers that were soooo terrible and people wrote them off 10 games into the season? Well, they're right there with the Islanders in the standings.

rangers also have had a ridiculous schedule
13 of first 18 at home? Hopefully at the end of the year all the travel will hurt them

BelovedIsles

Oct 22, 2005
D is more of a pressing need. Maybe slot Cizikas on the 3rd line with Nelson and Ho-Sang; I like Cizikas' grit to offset Nelson's softness. Move Quine down to 4th with Chimera and Clutter.

Reactions: mm11 and dood

Lame Lambert

Fire Lou
Mar 5, 2015
For those wondering:

We have 2 million in cap space currently, so if Kulimen was put on LTIR with a cap hit of 4 million, we would be allowed to exceed the cap by only 2 million. However, if we spend to the cap and then LTIR him, we would be able to exceed the cap by his total cap hit of 4 million. So we theoretically have 6 million in cap space currently.

mm11

Jan 26, 2005
Fleming island, Fl
D is more of a pressing need. Maybe slot Cizikas on the 3rd line with Nelson and Ho-Sang; I like Cizikas' grit to offset Nelson's softness. Move Quine down to 4th with Chimera and Clutter.

Personally I think Cizikas could be a very good 3rd line center. So here we are close to the vaunted 20 game mark. Usually this is the point where the contenders start pulling away. Our beloved Isles have a pretty interesting team. Dont think we are bad or elite but bunched in the lower tier playoff teams. What will seperate them? Well, reliable goaltending will help. Case and point last game, Greiss robs one the other night vrs the Blues, we come down right after and Cizikas scores. That wins road games. Yes, would love to get a top 4 guy in here. Can we pluck Savard from CBJ or even Muarray? We have assets that's for sure. Love we have some cap space if we use it soon enough.....let's see what unfolds the next few games

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad