Confirmed with Link: 2 Year Extension for Taro Hirose

Preposterone

Dec 6, 2013
I had high hopes for him when he came from college, what happened? Was it luck?
He just didnt develop the physique for the NHL game. Hitting the dining hall and weight room and adding like 10 lbs of core/lower body muscle at MSU would have done him a world of good. I remember it was something Larkin commented on when first Taco joined the wings. Conditioning not a concern you usually have with 4 year college guys, but I guess Taro was good enough in college to get away with slacking on it

Gniwder

Oct 12, 2009
Bellingham, WA
He just didnt develop the physique for the NHL game. Hitting the dining hall and weight room and adding like 10 lbs of core/lower body muscle at MSU would have done him a world of good. I remember it was something Larkin commented on when first Taco joined the wings. Conditioning not a concern you usually have with 4 year college guys, but I guess Taro was good enough in college to get away with slacking on it

Some people just have trouble bulking up. He was listed at 5'7" 130lbs for the WHL draft so it's not like he isn't trying, plus he looked stronger and more physical in his last call up. He doesn't have good enough skating for his size even if he did add 10 or even 20 lbs.

Regardless he's a good AHLer, and making $325k at 25 years old is still a pretty good gig.

BTW, contract details are out. $850k two way contract paying $325k first year and $350k second year in the AHL. That's a pretty generous two way, the team must really like him. Making more than Witter ($250k) and Barber ($275k) did.

Reactions: Al48

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad