Gecklund

Jul 17, 2012
California
To :cbj
Chris Tierney

To :sharks
Gabe Carlsson
2018 CBJ 3rd (80th overall)

Columbus does this because they add some great center depth. With Dubinsky declining and Foligno not a clear C, Tierney adds some much needed depth.

Columbus lines:
Panarin-Dubois-Atkinson
Jenner(RFA)-Wennberg-Milano?
Foligno-Tierney(RFA)-Bjorkstrand
Sedlak-Dubinsky-Anderson

Sharks do this because it gives them some much needed D depth that can play in the offensive zone. Carlsson is not the most offensive guy but is a huge upgrade over Demelo.

To :sabres
Mikkel Boedker

To :sharks
2018 BUF 4th (94th overall)
2018 MIN 4th (117th overall)

Sabres take advantage of the Sharks depth yet again and add a top 6 winger. He would be a great winger with both O'Reilly and Eichel.

Sabres lines:
Wilson (RFA)-Eichel-Boedker
Nylander-O'Reilly-Reinhart(RFA)
Rodrigues-Mittlestadt-Okposo
Girgensons-Larsson-Baptise

Sharks do this because it gives them cap space. It allows them to bring Balcers up and give him some NHL time. It also gives them some much needed picks in this draft.

Sharks lines:
Couture-Hertl-Labanc
Kane-Pavelski-Donskoi
Meier-Thornton-Balcers
Sorenson-Goodrow-Karlsson

Vlasic-Braun
Ryan-Burns
Carlsson-Dillon

Reactions: Mikos87

Gecklund

Jul 17, 2012
California
Why is Tierney in every Sharks proposal ?
Because he is an expendable piece from the Sharks. They have so many depth forwards. He is fantastic player no doubt and a great 3C but the Sharks have Hertl, Couture, Pavelski, and Thornton that can play C. They have needs elsewhere (D mainly) that can only be filled by moving Tierney.

Gecklund

Jul 17, 2012
California
Dont worry.. Tavares is coming
Let’s hope so!!!

No thanks to the CBJ one. No need for another LHD and Tierney is worth more than that anyway.

While I agree Tierney is worth more, I feel like Carlsson would be perfect. A former 1st round D that is a great skater. I view him as sort of a Vlasic-very lite right now. While he is left handed, Dillon can play both sides and which allows Carlsson to be on his natural side. Schlemko was Dillon’s best partner and he was left handed. My hope is that Carlsson will fill that need.

TSA0402

Apr 4, 2011
Ottawa
CBJ see Carlsson as a future top 4 d-man if not already. Tierney is a good hockey player, I just don't like my teams trading defensive help when that is their general strength.

Gecklund

Jul 17, 2012
California
CBJ see Carlsson as a future top 4 d-man if not already. Tierney is a good hockey player, I just don't like my teams trading defensive help when that is their general strength.
They need depth at forward though. On the left CBJ has Werenski and Murray already who are sure thing top 4. They also could resign Cole or another bottom pairing D. This will allow CBJ to keep their defensive depth while also adding a great 3C that can PK. They’re depth is top notch after this move.

stevo61

Jul 5, 2011
Canada
A quality ceneter is needed more than a D prospect in my opinion. Our center depth killed us and Gavrikov/Kukan make moves like this possible

Reactions: JohnnyJacket13

TSA0402

Apr 4, 2011
Ottawa
They need depth at forward though. On the left CBJ has Werenski and Murray already who are sure thing top 4. They also could resign Cole or another bottom pairing D. This will allow CBJ to keep their defensive depth while also adding a great 3C that can PK. They’re depth is top notch after this move.

Half of hf considers Murray to be injury prone let alone top 4... Cole is a UFA who might ask for way too much money... CBJ has Panarin/Dubois/Atkinson/Anderson/Wennberg/Foligno/Bjorkstrand/Milano with potential of signing Vanek. I think they have depth and should be scoring more, can argue if its more coaching.

edit : For shame I forgot about Jenner. :O

Gecklund

Jul 17, 2012
California
Half of hf considers Murray to be injury prone let alone top 4... Cole is a UFA who might ask for way too much money... CBJ has Panarin/Dubois/Atkinson/Anderson/Wennberg/Foligno/Bjorkstrand/Milano with potential of signing Vanek. I think they have depth and should be scoring more, can argue if its more coaching.

edit : For shame I forgot about Jenner. :O
Yeah but Dubois and Wennberg are the only Cs. Also who cares what HF thinks? People think Hertl is injury prone and that makes him have no value but that is wrong.

tsujimoto74

May 28, 2012
I'd probably rather do 1 of the 2018 4ths and our 2019 4th since we're missing a 3rd this year, but otherwise done deal from Buffalo. Boedker is exactly the kind of mediocre player we need a bunch more of. His speed might be a nice fit on the O'Reilly-Reinhart line.

TSA0402

Apr 4, 2011
Ottawa
Yeah but Dubois and Wennberg are the only Cs. Also who cares what HF thinks? People think Hertl is injury prone and that makes him have no value but that is wrong.

Dubinsky, Anderson, Foligno have played center... the latter probably is more of a wing but I digress... Tierney is not a difference maker, otherwise he wouldn't be offered.... I like the defensive depth CBJ has. who knows what Cole will be offered in UFA. Probably way too much.

PackShark

Oct 7, 2017
Dubinsky, Anderson, Foligno have played center... the latter probably is more of a wing but I digress... Tierney is not a difference maker, otherwise he wouldn't be offered.... I like the defensive depth CBJ has. who knows what Cole will be offered in UFA. Probably way too much.

Tierney is an excellent player on the penalty kill. Offensively he probably hit his ceiling (around 40 points), but definitely a valuable player to have.

Mattb124

Apr 29, 2011
From a Sharks perspective, not enough for Boedker. 2nd + 4th is more in line with value for a speedy winger that has the potential for 40 points and has a salary below cap hit.

The Jones Zone

Nov 27, 2013
Raleigh, NC
Pretty much 0 chance from Columbus

Jarmo would have to have a great trade in his mind to give up his 3rd. CBJ does not have a 4th or 5th 2018 pick. No clue what Tierney is asking but it's probably too much given a couple of terrible contracts Jarmo has

UnleashRasmus

Rasmus has gone Super Saiyan VI!
Apr 15, 2012
Nashville Tennessee
I would do a 4th and a 6th this year or a 4th and a 5th next year. That should be about the return for Boedker who is someone I like as a fit for Buffalo. A major improvement over a guy like Pouliot. So this is a very good proposed trade. Just needs to be slightly changed.

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
I want to be able to give an unreserved "yes" to the Tierney/Carlsson trade, but there's a few too many complications - the most significant being our lack of draft picks to spare and the fact that he's going to be looking for a new contract. If he's not asking for all that much, the latter becomes less of an issue.

So, I'm in favor of the idea, but I'm worried about it as written.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad