6 Travis Sanheim | 3 Radko Gudas

Goalies
30 Michal Neuvirth (starter) | 37 Brian Elliott

FLYERS' INJURIES and SCRATCHES
15 Jori Lehterä (healthy scratch)
5 Sam Morin (healthy scratch)
23 Brandon Manning (healthy scratch)

FLYERS' POWER PLAY UNITS
1. Wayne Simmonds - Claude Giroux - Jake Voracek - Valtteri Filppula - Shayne Gostisbehere
2. Travis Konecny - Nolan Patrick - Sean Couturier - Ivan Provorov - Jordan Weal

LOS ANGELES KINGS
th

KINGS' POSSIBLE LINEUP
Lines

Left WingCenterRight Wing
19 Alex Iafallo11 Anze Kopitar 23 Dustin Brown
70 Tanner Pearson 77 Jeff Carter 73 Tyler Toffoli
17 Jonny Brodzinski 9 Adrian Kempe14 Michael Cammalleri
13 Kyle Clifford21 Nick Shore22 Trevor Lewis
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
Pairings
24 Derek Forbort 8 Drew Doughty
6 Jake Muzzin5 Christian Folin
7 Oscar Fantenberg 56 Kurtis MacDermid
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
Goalies
32 Jonathan Quick (starter) 37 Jeff Zatkoff
[TBODY] [/TBODY]

KINGS' POWER PLAY
No. 1Tanner PearsonAnze KopitarTyler ToffoliJeff CarterDrew Doughty
No. 2Alex IafalloNick ShoreAdrian KempeJake MuzzinMichael Cammalleri
[TBODY] [/TBODY]

GAME DAY THREAD MUSIC
"Kill the King" by Megadeth

Last edited:

FlyTimmo

pit <3
Jul 10, 2013
I don't think I can take another game with both Manning and AMac knowing we have Morin and Sanheim sitting in the press box.

TheKingPin

Nov 16, 2005
Philadelphia, PA
I don't think I can take another game with both Manning and AMac knowing we have Morin and Sanheim sitting in the press box.
It wouldn't be a perfect game if we had the young guys in, but those two guys made nearly all the mistakes. Once Morin and Sanhiem get in they won't come out.

I could see Gudas coming out for one using Hak logic. Maybe manning.

boxcar65

Sep 24, 2007
Richmond, VA
Andy was bad last night, but Manning was belligerently throwing the game.

I will admit he had somewhat of a tough first period, but he definitely settled down in the second and third. I still think that holding call on him in the first was #fakenews, but it is what it is. He was strong on the PK and didn't make any glaring mistakes the final two stanzas(other than his man getting behind him once).

Now, I fully expect him to be scratched tonight for one of the other rooks, so everyone can be happy. I will be happy too as long as we win the game. The team success is more important than individual to me.

Reactions: Captain Dave Poulin

Hollywood Cannon

I'm Away From My Desk
Jul 17, 2007
South Jersey
I will admit he had somewhat of a tough first period, but he definitely settled down in the second and third. I still think that holding call on him in the first was #fakenews, but it is what it is. He was strong on the PK and didn't make any glaring mistakes the final two stanzas(other than his man getting behind him once).

Now, I fully expect him to be scratched tonight for one of the other rooks, so everyone can be happy. I will be happy too as long as we win the game. The team success is more important than individual to me.

Do you honestly believe what you type?

I love your love for Mandog but do you honestly believe it?

FatTugboatFlahr

Apr 6, 2012
Philadelphia

He's definitely not going to be scratched. I really don't wanna pile on you so early this year, but he was atrocious last night.

His positioning is so damn bad.

boxcar65

Sep 24, 2007
Richmond, VA
Do you honestly believe what you type?

I love your love for Mandog but do you honestly believe it?

HC, I like the guy.....I really do, but I am never afraid to admit when he has a tough game. I was cringing watching him in the first period. Nothing he did led directly to a goal, but he was very lucky. I honestly think he settled down somewhat the rest of the game.

I guess part of it is there is so much over-the-top negativity towards him. When another D makes a mistake, there might be a comment or two, but when Manning does something it's the end of the world as we know it(and I don't feel fine). I really want to see Morin and Sanheim in game action and see what they bring to the table. Like I have said a couple of times, Manning will fill the Nick Schultz role this year and end up playing 20-25 games. The talent level of the other young players will put him on the bench, so I'm going to enjoy the few games he does play.

WIP CALLER

Aug 18, 2016
He's definitely not going to be scratched. I really don't wanna pile on you so early this year, but he was atrocious last night.

His positioning is so damn bad.
someone last night compared his skating to a player in NHL 17 that has auto backskate turned off. It really is apt.

Reactions: Rebels57

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
HC, I like the guy.....I really do, but I am never afraid to admit when he has a tough game. I was cringing watching him in the first period. Nothing he did led directly to a goal, but he was very lucky. I honestly think he settled down somewhat the rest of the game.

I guess part of it is there is so much over-the-top negativity towards him. When another D makes a mistake, there might be a comment or two, but when Manning does something it's the end of the world as we know it(and I don't feel fine). I really want to see Morin and Sanheim in game action and see what they bring to the table. Like I have said a couple of times, Manning will fill the Nick Schultz role this year and end up playing 20-25 games. The talent level of the other young players will put him on the bench, so I'm going to enjoy the few games he does play.

Manningisms nearly cost us 3 goals in the 1st, and that was before he took a penalty that DID cost us a goal. He also got blown away by Donskoi which nearly led to a tying goal for SJ. He was next level bad.

Hollywood Cannon

I'm Away From My Desk
Jul 17, 2007
South Jersey

Hmm...

dVDJiez.gif

Hiesenberg

Jul 2, 2013
That 3rd line will be abused by every other team's 1st line for away games. Hakstol can get them away at home, but jesus it's a nightmare on the road.

I see Kopitar's line eating them alive just like Thorton's line did.

Appleyard

Mar 5, 2010
Copenhagen
twitter.com
As much as our 1st line is fun...

tonight would have been an ideal night to have G+Couts matched vs Kopitar and Carter.

Kempe and Shore as other two centers? Jeez.

I like Kempe... but he is better at wing and in all honestly is a faster, worse version of Lindblom.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad