Post-Game Talk: #2 | FLYERS 0 at Kings 2| Thu. Oct. 5, 10:00 pm ET

Foggy14

Sep 13, 2017
I'll fight the girl for you, Benny. You're gonna have to handle Kenny.

I don't know. Ileana looks pretty tough.

dflct.gif

Wonder-Woman-lynda-carter-38574708-357-353.gif

Appleyard

Mar 5, 2010
Copenhagen
twitter.com
When the team changes I'll change and I mean the core that can't score 5 on 5. Imagine Duchene last night where coots was and tell me he wouldn't have scored twice atleast.

Funnily enough Couturier and Duchene have produced at a virtually identical rate at 5v5 the last two seasons.

1.82 P/60 vs 1.79 P/60.

But Couturier gets far tougher matchups, in tougher zone starts, plays center full-time, drives play better and is far better defensively.

boxcar65

Sep 24, 2007
Richmond, VA
This entire thread is classic. Great to come home from a long day of work and read everything.

And for some of the newer folks, NO, I am not Manning(am I)? No, definitely not....just a fan.

Reactions: bennysflyers16

bb12

Aug 21, 2014
USA
This entire thread is classic. Great to come home from a long day of work and read everything.

And for some of the newer folks, NO, I am not Manning(am I)? No, definitely not....just a fan.
You couldn't be more meat shield if you tired. It's fine, you play and post

Lindberg

Bennyflyers16 get a life
Oct 5, 2013

That is what Brandon Manning wants us to think. I'm not buying it Mancar/Boxdog/ whatever your name is.

Ghosts Beer

I saw Goody Fletcher with the Devil!
Feb 10, 2014
How long after the game did Jak tweet that?

Sounds like was a few Czech beers deep.

I think many players read message boards. They have egos, want adulation, are sensitive to criticism, I can understand it.

But for most of the last two seasons, Jak deserves fan criticism. It's the unfortunate part of being a high profile player with one of the league's hugest contracts.

And I agree with those who would prefer Konecny with Couturier & Giroux.

I'd have Voracek with Patrick & Weal.
Filppula with Simmonds & Weise (blech). But they've got to get Lindlom up.
It's waste having 4 of Leier, Laughton, Raffl, & Weise. 4 fourth liners.

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
How long after the game did Jak tweet that?

Sounds like was a few Czech beers deep.

I think many players read message boards. They have egos, want adulation, are sensitive to criticism, I can understand it.

Benny’s post was at 1:01AM EST. Voracek’s tweet was at 1:51AM EST. The game ended around the same time as Benny’s post as it was one of the first posts in the post game thread.

Jake always tips his hand on Twitter that he actively searches out criticism from fans & media on there. He’ll respond to stuff that people didn’t even tag his twitter handle in the tweet.

It’s always stuff on twitter though. So this is the first time he actually tipped his hand he reads fan forums too.

Ghosts Beer

I saw Goody Fletcher with the Devil!
Feb 10, 2014
If you actively search criticism on one social media forum, chances are probably high you do it on many.

Jak is prob happy he has 3 assists in 2 games to start the season & wants to read praise not criticism.

TCTC

Mar 25, 2013
Ultimately it's just another example why Voracek isn't wearing an A despite being one of the most established players on the team. He's a character, but he's too thin-skinned.
Sometimes I agree with him (calling out the 'Woo'-idiots), but mostly it's just unnecessary rants.

Magua

Entirely Palatable Product
Apr 25, 2016
Huron of the Lakes
For all the boring as f*** hockey players on Twitter who can't do anything but promote some crap product or say some businesslike thing their agent probably wrote, I for one cherish Jake. It's also hilarious that he makes no effort to get verified.

Jake has Luongo Twitter potential, it's just a matter of reaching his ceiling!

Last edited:

eramosat

Dec 19, 2015
Toronto
Ultimately it's just another example why Voracek isn't wearing an A despite being one of the most established players on the team. He's a character, but he's too thin-skinned.
Sometimes I agree with him (calling out the 'Woo'-idiots), but mostly it's just unnecessary rants.

OK....Friday night.

"Mostly just unnecessary rants". Now that's kind of ironic, given this forum is almost entirely unnecessary rants all-day-all-the-time. All Jake does is very occasionally put his 2 cents in against uninformed commentary on the interweb, with life-assuring themes. Like "get a life".

eramosat

Dec 19, 2015
Toronto
Absolutely the best thread on this board ever.
No. Getting noticed by one of your heroes and told to "get a life" is not a badge of honor. It's straight-up criticism.

Now, if Benny pledges to shave his body for charity, and raises mo $$ because of his Jake affiliation somehow...than that's worth something.

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
For all the boring as **** hockey players on Twitter who can't do anything but promote some crap product or say some businesslike thing their agent probably wrote, I for one cherish Jake. It's also hilarious that he makes no effort to get verified.

Jake has Luongo Twitter potential, it's just a matter of reaching his ceiling!

I like when he thought a completely sarcastic tweet about him was for real. :laugh:

hayen

Apr 7, 2017
It was his fault. Even Sanheim admitted it. He looked and saw the player and then focused on the covered puck carrier instead of covering the lane.
Exactly. I like the kid but own it and he did. See the next play and not what is the obvious. This level means you don't stop because of what you think but continues because of what may be next

Lindberg

Bennyflyers16 get a life
Oct 5, 2013
You have to wonder about Jake in some regards. If he is constantly fishing for praise, how much of his game is effected by his mental state? It is odd to think about that given he is a few years younger than I am though.

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
Players want affirmation and money, then can't figure out why fan expectations are so high.
If you want to be considered an elite player, and make elite money, then fans are going to expect elite play. It's that simple.

Reactions: Flyerfan4life

JABEE

Feb 12, 2010
Philadelphia
No way. This is all in fun. Leave Jake alone.

Reactions: ybnvs

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad