Post-Game Talk: #2 | FLYERS 0 at Kings 2| Thu. Oct. 5, 10:00 pm ET

Lindberg

Bennyflyers16 get a life
Oct 5, 2013
Players want affirmation and money, then can't figure out why fan expectations are so high.
If you want to be considered an elite player, and make elite money, then fans are going to expect elite play. It's that simple.

This is why I have zero sympathy for professional sports players. It is akin to going to a crappy concert. Your job is to entertain people and put up a high level of effort. The big difference is musicians get paid night in and night out while athletes get large guaranteed sums of money.

BernieParent

In misery of redwings of suckage for a long time
Mar 13, 2009
Chasm of Sar (north of Montreal, Qc)
This is why I have zero sympathy for professional sports players. It is akin to going to a crappy concert. Your job is to entertain people and put up a high level of effort. The big difference is musicians get paid night in and night out while athletes get large guaranteed sums of money.

I think you're glossing over many other differences. A band playing a concert doesn't have to contend with another band trying to drown them out, or repeatedly physically fighting for stage positioning. Sports entertainment is about seeing your team win while enjoying the play. Sometimes it might be ugly, and others will be filled with highlight reel play.

Lindberg

Bennyflyers16 get a life
Oct 5, 2013
I think you're glossing over many other differences. A band playing a concert doesn't have to contend with another band trying to drown them out, or repeatedly physically fighting for stage positioning. Sports entertainment is about seeing your team win while enjoying the play. Sometimes it might be ugly, and others will be filled with highlight reel play.

Sure I get that I'm over simplifying things but how many players have come to camp out of shape? Or go through the motions? It is a different world by in large but there is a huge safety buffer for pro athletes in were their performance isn't relevant to their pay. It is a different and I won't argue that but to constantly seek validation for poor performance or to pretend you shouldn't be held to some standard is ridiculous.

The overall point I want to make is these guys are paid to perform and if they don't do so they aren't immune to criticism and deserve it. If your ego is that fragile perhaps take a lesser contract so you can absorb all the praise your brain needs.

Bruckuss

FML & FCF
Apr 1, 2012
Not Toronto

How is this thread not stickied yet, this randomly came on the ipod last night and I swear it sounds like Biz is saying "Benny and the Jakes" lofl

Reactions: PK16

Flyerss

Jun 23, 2013
the Bennyflyers16 situation is hilarious.
I'm 100% sure Voracek reads threads in this forum, i dont remember when exactly maybe 2013 or 2014 i made a picture where i mixed Voracek and Giroux faces and it was my default profile picture, couple days later Voracek shared it on his twitter.

Reactions: Rebels57

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
Could this be how Manning got wind of the ManDog nickname??

I mean, what are the odds of us calling him ManDog and then he randomly adopts that nickname??

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
Btw has anyone heard from Benny? Is he in witness protection?

TCTC

Mar 25, 2013
Could this be how Manning got wind of the ManDog nickname??

I mean, what are the odds of us calling him ManDog and then he randomly adopts that nickname??
I've always wondered how Boxcar knew about that nickname. Maybe he's actually the one who started it and Manning liked it so much he adopted it.

kyuss

Wings make our ding-dings sing.
May 28, 2012
the Bennyflyers16 situation is hilarious.
I'm 100% sure Voracek reads threads in this forum, i dont remember when exactly maybe 2013 or 2014 i made a picture where i mixed Voracek and Giroux faces and it was my default profile picture, couple days later Voracek shared it on his twitter.
I remember this. He said it freaked him out. Maybe Benny can incorporate it in his sign.

Flyotes

Sorry Hinkie.
Apr 7, 2007
SJ
I like Voracek. Possession guy. Hard on the puck. Playmaker. I just wish he'd play a little more selfishly at times and let it rip.

Reactions: Curufinwe

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
He played better against Anaheim, more decisive, less skating with the puck trying to make a perfect play. Needs to keep working on the wrist shot, the key isn't how hard you shoot it, but how quick and deceptive of a release you have and how accurate you at hitting the corners of the net.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad